A University of Toronto professor and researcher has demonstrated for the first time a new technique for safeguarding data transmitted over fiber-optic networks using quantum cryptography.
Research in Motion has announced that the US Patent and Trademark Office has issued what is known as a final office action, rejecting all claims by NTP on one of its disputed patents.
Google has released a new beta version of its enterprise desktop search application that contains a controversial feature for searching across multiple computers.
A two-day event for Year 9 to 12 school students in Perth, aims to be a showcase of technology careers, with organizers hoping the event will help counter the gender imbalance within the industry
Graphics chip vendor Nvidia said Tuesday it completed the acquisition of Taiwanese chipset developer ULi Electronics in a cash deal originally valued at US$52 million.
Samsung Electronics is releasing the source code for the driver software for one of its post popular memory types, making it easier for electronics companies to use it in portable gadgets running Linux, it announced Wednesday.
Some of Microsoft's biggest rivals lodged a new complaint with the European Commission Wednesday over its Office applications suite and other, upcoming products, arguing that the company's business practices are shutting out competitors.
Security researchers have confirmed what may be the worst-yet security flaw for Apple's Mac OS X, following the appearance of two Mac worms in a single week.
Microsoft is set to release a feature-complete test version of Windows Vista on Wednesday, an offering the company will encourage enterprises to deploy in preparation for the general availability of the operating systems later this year.
Seiko Epson has filed more lawsuits against companies making or selling third-party ink cartridges that it believes infringe upon its intellectual patents.
The CSIRO ICT Centre announced today the spinoff of its Panoptic enterprise search technology to form a new company, dubbed Funnelback Pty Ltd.
A U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) official warned last week that if software distributors continue to sell products with dangerous rootkit software, as Sony BMG Music Entertainment recently did, legislation or regulation could follow.
Microsoft this week is expected to release another build of its Windows Vista OS, one that should be feature-complete according to a plan laid out by Jim Allchin, co-president of the Platforms, Products & Services Division, in January.
Sony will soon start selling a new consumer high-definition camcorder, it's smallest and lightest to-date and a model it considers the "trump card" in its envisaged world of high-definition content creation, editing and sharing, the company said Tues...
America Online is developing a version of its instant messaging (IM) service for workplace use, an attempt to give the consumer-oriented AIM the security, collaboration and IT management features businesses require, company plans to announce this wee...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW