Google has decided to make the data it stores about end users anonymous in its server logs after 18 months, according to a <a href="http://googleblog.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">blog posted</a> Monday by the company's global privacy counsel.
Nortel Networks announced plans Tuesday to help small and medium-size businesses move to voice over IP and unified communications by combining Nortel applications with IBM System i servers.
Yahoo shareholders voted down a proposal that would have forced management to adopt stronger policies regarding government attempts to limit Internet access and to curtail freedom of speech in countries where Yahoo operates.
As Microsoft Tuesday patched 15 vulnerabilities in its operating system, browser, and other software, security experts argued over which should be fixed first.
The day may be coming when PCs, cell phones and many other devices will be run without a battery or electrical cord.
Microsoft has released a white paper clarifying how licensing for its current version of Windows Server works when paired with virtualization software. However, customers may face a whole new set of licensing rules once the next version, Windows Serv...
HP on Monday announced its third generation of blade PCs, which it says solves the "Achilles' heel" of most thin-client infrastructures: performance.
Apple is becoming a favorite target of security researchers these days. In April, there was the US$10,000 CanSecWest hack a Mac contest, and on Monday there was the Safari Web browser. Or the public beta of Safari for Windows, anyway.
A volunteer effort led by lawyers, security researchers and educators wants to stop the next Julie Amero from becoming a spyware casualty.
The Church of England is calling on Sony Computer Entertainment to apologize for using one of its churches as the scene for a gory firefight in its PlayStation 3 game "Resistance -- Fall of Man."
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) console has reached 1 million unit sales in PAL regions, including the U.K. and the rest of Europe.
McAfee on Monday announced it will deliver an updated version of ePolicy Orchestrator, its umbrella management console for McAfee security products, by the third quarter of this year.
EBay on Monday opened a beta program for a desktop application that makes shopping on the auction Web site easier, with new types of alerts and a browsing history feature.
'Stirling' package aimed at taking on rivals McAfee, Symantec
With Patch Tuesday coming up, spammers are sending out fake security updates with links to malicious Trojan software
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW