Microsoft has released further details of a group of server and virtualisation products due next year that will set the tone for how well the company will compete in the enterprise software market.
Adobe CEO Bruce Chizen will step down from his post at the end of the month, the company said this week.
A loophole in the random number generator of Windows 2000 can expose users' email, password and credit card details, university researchers claim.
A former security researcher admitted to hijacking a quarter of a million PCs, using spyware to steal bank and PayPal account information, and making money by installing adware on the massive botnet.
Microsoft's Xbox 360 has outsold Sony's PlayStation 3 in Japan for the first time, according to a closely watched weekly sales ranking.
Google will give US$10 million to the developers who build the best applications for Android, the open source platform Google designed for building mobile phones. Google says it hopes to spark innovation with the so-called Android Developer Challenge...
Avaya will make it possible to turn an iPhone into a node on the corporate PBX network, something iPhone users (if not corporate phone executives) want.
The Web site of IndiaTimes, the online news site of the Times Group, one of India's large news and entertainment groups, exposed visitors to malware, according to an advisory by ScanSafe.
Intel's new 45-nanometer chip for the desktop, part of the newly released Penryn family, should give gamers, researchers and serious multitaskers a significant performance boost, according to analysts.
With AMD and Intel duking it out on the multicore processor front, and server and PC makers pushing ever more scalable systems, Microsoft is looking to stay in lockstep.
The shadowy hacker and malware hosting network that only recently fled Russia to set up operations in China has now pulled the plug there and vanished yet again, researchers said late Friday.
Sun Microsystems is releasing a new high-performance computing (HPC) system that it said has the potential to create one of the largest supercomputers on the planet, reaching petascale.
Microsoft is developing 1 million square feet of data center space in the US in separate projects in Austin and near Chicago as it adds to its technological capacity to provide online services.
The latest innovations in Web attack kits have forced security researchers to admit that many malicious websites are slipping under the radar.
Sun has announced its long-awaited StorageTek 5800, code-named Honeycomb as its fixed-content repository. Sun claimed the product would provide faster and better access to terabytes of unstructured information through metadata processing.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTLead Salesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC