Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) launched a new model of its Geode processor and added eight more chips to its longevity program, pledging to keep them in production for at least five years to support long-lived products like 3G telephony base stations.
The Trojan horse that pumped up spam volumes in January is at it again, researchers said today, and is now spreading over instant messaging and engaging in attacks on rival malware.
The rabidly popular MySpace social network on Monday launched a pilot program to prevent its users from uploading unauthorized copyrighted video material to the site.
Advances in multimedia capabilities of mobile phones have yielded a $17 billion market with huge opportunities for marketing and sales, but still there are too many service-imposed barriers that are retarding the uptake of mobile music videos and aud...
Telstra and mobile equipment maker Ericsson have claimed a world-first 200km cell phone range in the carrier's Next G HSDPA network.
In the same week that the Internet's root servers came under sustained attack, Verisign has announced an overhaul of the critical infrastructure on which some of these servers run.
Yahoo has reached a deal with LG Electronics that should see its "Go" mobile platform on the screens of tens of millions of LG cell phone handsets shipped later this year, the two companies said Monday.
China and Russia are the two worst foreign infringers of U.S. software and music copyrights and they should remain on the U.S. government's priority watch list, a group representing the software, music, books and movie industries said Monday.
Active daters are more likely to communicate with their counterpart via text messaging than married couples or those in committed relationships are, a survey conducted by International Communications Research said Monday.
Hewlett-Packard announced Monday a dual-mode smart phone targeted at mobile professionals that allows voice calls and data connections both in Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
Windows Vista's powerful new graphics engine may be one of its hallmark features, but it's engendering complaints from a key segment of potential early adopters: hardcore gamers.
Microsoft said it has boosted the security mechanisms built into its newest mobile phone operating system, responding to the needs of business customers who will use the phones to access sensitive corporate data.
Microsoft and British Telecommunications Monday launched a competition to encourage developers to create "network mashups" that merge telecommunications features like voice and text messaging with Web 2.0 applications like mapping and search. A "mash...
Microsoft Monday unveiled a digital rights management platform designed to protect a wide range of mobile content.
Omnifone wants to put a new face on mobile phone music downloads with its MusicStation service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW