Microsoft issued nine security updates addressing critical flaws in its Office and Windows products. The updates patch two worrisome PowerPoint flaws that could allow attackers to seize control of a PC, the company said Tuesday.
VMware is bringing its virtualization technology to Intel-based Apple computers, giving Mac users the ability to run multiple operating systems, including Windows, Linux, NetWare and Solaris, in virtual machines alongside Mac OS X.
Researchers say that small devices called "JitterBugs" could piggyback onto network connections to discreetly send passwords and other sensitive data over the Internet.
Google has published a report concluding that click-fraud incidence is lower than some auditing firms estimate.
Telstra has scrapped plans for a $4 billion national high-speed broadband network after reaching an impasse with regulators over how to charge rivals for access.
Outsourcing services provider Achievo has signed a deal to acquire Beijing Beifang Xinyu Information Technology Co. (BBX), a Chinese outsourcing company with 450 employees.
In recent years The SCO Group has been best known for its costly and controversial licensing dispute over Unix intellectual property. But SCO's leader said the company is in the process of reinventing itself into a mobile application platform and ser...
With close to 1.3 million English-language articles, is there any limit to the number of entries online free encyclopedia Wikipedia will offer? Jimmy Wales, the project's founder, believes there may be, as he encourages contributors to focus more on ...
Borland Software has brought back the Turbo product moniker with the introduction of language-specific developer tools.
Apple Computer Monday stepped up its criticism of Microsoft's Windows operating system and revealed numerous new features to its planned spring 2007 release of Macintosh OS X 10.5, or Leopard. But it was the hardware shown here during the Worldwide D...
Google has won one of the most sought-after deals in the search engine market, becoming the exclusive provider of search functionality and search advertising to MySpace.com and other News Corp. Web sites.
VMware has launched a new product -- as yet unnamed -- that allows Intel-based Macs to run multiple OSes without the need for dual-booting. They can also access any of over 250 virtual appliances that the VMware user community has created. VMware is ...
In continuing efforts to expand its online advertising business, Google will distribute ad-supported video content from Viacom International's MTV Networks to Web sites in its extensive advertising network.
IBM is now testing speech technology that can verify speakers' identities over the telephone, even if they are not speaking their native languages.
Thirteen U.S. record companies sued file-sharing system operator Lime Wire in a New York court on Friday, accusing it of music piracy and demanding damages that could top US$476 million.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Google Slides makes it easier to talk back to presenters
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC