Graphics chip vendor Nvidia said Tuesday it completed the acquisition of Taiwanese chipset developer ULi Electronics in a cash deal originally valued at US$52 million.
Samsung Electronics is releasing the source code for the driver software for one of its post popular memory types, making it easier for electronics companies to use it in portable gadgets running Linux, it announced Wednesday.
Some of Microsoft's biggest rivals lodged a new complaint with the European Commission Wednesday over its Office applications suite and other, upcoming products, arguing that the company's business practices are shutting out competitors.
Security researchers have confirmed what may be the worst-yet security flaw for Apple's Mac OS X, following the appearance of two Mac worms in a single week.
Microsoft is set to release a feature-complete test version of Windows Vista on Wednesday, an offering the company will encourage enterprises to deploy in preparation for the general availability of the operating systems later this year.
Seiko Epson has filed more lawsuits against companies making or selling third-party ink cartridges that it believes infringe upon its intellectual patents.
The CSIRO ICT Centre announced today the spinoff of its Panoptic enterprise search technology to form a new company, dubbed Funnelback Pty Ltd.
A U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) official warned last week that if software distributors continue to sell products with dangerous rootkit software, as Sony BMG Music Entertainment recently did, legislation or regulation could follow.
Microsoft this week is expected to release another build of its Windows Vista OS, one that should be feature-complete according to a plan laid out by Jim Allchin, co-president of the Platforms, Products & Services Division, in January.
Sony will soon start selling a new consumer high-definition camcorder, it's smallest and lightest to-date and a model it considers the "trump card" in its envisaged world of high-definition content creation, editing and sharing, the company said Tues...
America Online is developing a version of its instant messaging (IM) service for workplace use, an attempt to give the consumer-oriented AIM the security, collaboration and IT management features businesses require, company plans to announce this wee...
F-Secure is warning of a network worm that targets vulnerabilities in the Mambo Content Management System (CMS) and PHP XML-RPC, a library of code for PHP programmers that allows procedures to run between computers with different operating systems.
Dutch electronics manufacturer Koninklijke Philips Electronics has developed a new system, based on watermarking technology, to help the movie industry battle video piracy.
A mobile voice over IP (VOIP) client from Microsoft will kill mobile operators, according to blogs and news sites -- but analysts say the product is no big deal.
Via Technologies has opened a training facility for competitive PC gamers in Sollentuna, Sweden, to provide serious players with a facility to concentrate their powers and improve their gaming skills.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA