Moving along a path of energy-efficient computing, Intel has pledged technology evolution in microprocessors that will improve performance per watt by 300 percent by the end of the decade.
U.K. supermarket chain Tesco will launch six PC software applications under its own brand, including a word processor and antivirus software, later this month. The software packages will sell for under £20 (AUD$50), and will include free online suppo...
The SANS Institute's Internet Storm Center set its Internet danger warning level to "yellow" over the weekend as criminal gangs began targeting Internet Explorer browsers with an unpatched security hole.
The security team at Mozilla is looking into a flaw in its Firefox Web browser that hackers exposed at a conference in San Diego over the weekend.
As HP's top executive testified before a Congressional committee about an ongoing spying scandal, other company executives were in New York to announce new products and a key acquisition for its strategy to enrich digital lifestyles.
The 2006 season of the Google's US$3 million open source student development program is drawing to a close, with some of the resulting software already released as part of widely used open source projects.
It has become a familiar pattern: A hacker posts exploit code to a security Web site; Microsoft follows soon after with a warning to customers.
Internode has completed the final stage of its hybrid network that uses a solar-powered microwave backbone and wireless technology to bring faster speeds and lower prices to the Coorong region of South Australia.
Yahoo agreed to buy Web video editing and publishing site Jumpcut.com on Wednesday, as Internet companies continue to seek ways to compete with YouTube.
Microsoft's Zune digital media player will ship in the U.S. on Nov. 14 for US$249.99, the company said Thursday, in line with the price of video iPods already available from Apple Computer.
Google is actively complying with requests for data about its Orkut social networking service ordered by Brazilian courts, the company said Thursday.
Today the Mozilla Foundation released another milestone towards a final Firefox 2. This release candidate is more polished than the last beta download, and is mostly ready for general use. But if you use custom add-ons and themes - really, the best t...
Microsoft has partnered with Hughes Network Systems to set up a network of 5,000 kiosks connected by broadband across 200 towns in rural India.
IBM and Lenovo Group has recalled 526,000 Sony batteries for ThinkPad notebooks, becoming the latest vendors to act on fire-prone power sources.
Sony will conduct its own replacement program to address overheating problems that have hit some notebook batteries.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT