Flash memory stick makers are showing off USB (Universal Serial Bus) drives at Computex that have been certified to work with Windows Vista's ReadyBoot and ReadyBoost functions, which improve boot-up times and the software start-up speeds in PCs.
The IPv6 movement got a boost in May when the American Registry for Internet Numbers announced it would actively encourage migration to IPv6. ARIN distributes blocks of IP addresses to service providers and enterprises based in North America. Other ...
A prominent Australian Linux developer has proposed software that could help simplify the increasingly complex world of virtualisation, which has seen major new entrants in recent months.
Vietnamese government officials said Thursday it will take at least a month to fix a critical undersea data cable damaged by fishermen scavenging for scrap copper.
Shortly after eEye Digital Security notified Yahoo Wednesday that the portal's Messenger IM client was vulnerable to attack, a researcher fingered two ActiveX controls as flawed and posted exploit code that can be used to hijack Windows machines.
Symantec will kick off its annual Symantec Vision conference next week with the first public release of its next-generation corporate antivirus software, called Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.
The U.S. International Trade Commission barred the import of future models of phones using Qualcomm third generation chips, marking a blow to the vendor in its ongoing intellectual property battle with Broadcom.
A French television presenter has sued Microsoft for "violation of intellectual property". Philippe Gildas accused the software publisher of illegally using the trademark "Vista".
The iPhone is about to do for smartphones what the iPod did for digital music players: put one in everyone's pocket.
Some of the first servers based on Advanced Micro Devices's (AMD's) upcoming Barcelona quad-core chip are on display at Computex, but details of the chips are being kept tightly under wraps.
Just two months after Intel Corp. unveiled a package of chips codenamed McCaslin for ultramobile computers, the company rolled out a prototype device running McCaslin's successor, Menlow, at Computex.
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
Two Taiwanese companies are making laptop PCs users can hook up to their high definition (HD) TVs to make more use of the laptops' internal high definition optical drives, either Blu-ray Disc or HD DVD.
Canonical, the corporate sponsor of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, has revealed the specs for a mobile version of its software, due in October.
Microsoft on Wednesday announced a cross-licensing deal with Korean consumer electronics maker LG Electronics. It is the fifth such deal in recent months that involves Redmond's controversial granting of Linux patent 'protection' -- in this case, to ...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW