Skype has not been attacked, eBay Inc. said Friday, dispelling rumors that Russian hackers took down its popular online telephony service.
Software as a service is forecast by Gartner to grow at 22.1 percent until 2011 for the aggregate enterprise application software markets -- more than double the 9 percent growth rate expected in the market as a whole.
Two years in the making, IBM's Lotus division has finally unveiled version 8 of Lotus Notes and Domino.
PS3 failure rates are "around .02 percent" according to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe founder, Chris Deering while speaking at the Edinburgh Interactive Festival on Tuesday.
Skype announced late Friday that all users could now again log on to the voice-over-IP service, marking the end of an outage that affected millions and lasted more than 48 hours.
Canonical, the commercial sponsor of the Ubuntu Linux, has said that compromises of most of its local community servers last week did not reflect on the distribution's security or enterprise-readiness.
Network security specialist Sourcefire announced Friday that it has acquired ClamAV, an open-source gateway anti-malware project whose technologies are used in the products of a number of other vendors.
Google has unveiled a Web site "resource center" focused on the thorny issue of click fraud, which many consider a potential threat to the company's main source of revenue: pay-per-click advertising.
Microsoft Friday set the availability date for its upcoming Windows Home Server software as August 27.
American Airlines Thursday filed a lawsuit against Google Inc., claiming the search company is infringing on the airline's trademarks by using them as keyword triggers for paid advertisements by other companies.
A California-based market research company has agreed to pay a US$300,000 settlement for illegally distributing copyrighted articles, research reports and other information without proper licenses or permission to employees via e-mail newsletters.
For all the speed mobile operators are building into their networks, a lot of it doesn't reach subscribers trying to make calls or surf the Web indoors. While some carriers look to Wi-Fi and dual-mode phones to bridge the gap, another technology is c...
Citrix Systems' US$500 million acquisition of XenSource, along with VMware's massively successful IPO last week, has further legitimatized the hot virtualization space, but it may also be causing some disillusionment among the open-source community.
A second class-action lawsuit argues that Apple and AT&T failed to tell early buyers of the iPhone that annual fees of more than US$100 (AU$125.51) would be needed to replace the iPhone battery and maintain service.
Yesterday's trading halt at the Sydney Future's Exchange (SFE) has again called into question the state of disaster recovery and business continuity planning among local enterprises.
Take home a Crucial® MX300 Solid State Drive this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW