The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project has raised the price of its XO laptop to US$188, according to an Associated Press report.
Being the first to submit popular news stories to social news sites just got easier with the release of a new Firefox plug-in by SEO company, 97th floor.
Google will propose at UN meeting that governments and technology companies colllaborate to address privacy concerns over the handling of personal data on the Net
Sprint Nextel Corp. will deliver four new wireless handhelds by year's end, including the HTC Touch, already available in the U.K. with touch-screen capabilities similar to Apple Inc.'s iPhone.
Seven of the world's top mobile phone technology companies are backing the development of a new flash memory standard to be used in mobile phones, digital cameras and other consumer electronics devices.
Backers of a massive wireless network for California's Silicon Valley have yet to build promised test networks or complete a model agreement for local governments, but at least one executive expects those to be finished by year's end.
Calling all space geeks. Google Inc. and the X Prize Foundation Thursday announced the US$30 million Google Lunar X Prize.
Google, which has been less vocal than some on the furor surrounding the standards process for Microsoft's Office Open XML, came out Friday in support of the ISO's decision to reject the specification.
With its cash reserves running out, the SCO Group has filed for bankruptcy protection.
This week Salesforce.com will, in the words of one industry analyst, "extend the value proposition of software as a service" when it introduces Visualforce at its Dreamforce Conference in San Francisco.
The leader of an identity theft ring that stole credit card numbers from TJX has been sentenced to five years in prison and fined US$600,000 (AU$713,010).
A study by ABI Research says that the iPhone may be only a precursor to what mobile Internet devices will be capable of in the near future.
Hewlett-Packard's decision last month to sell desktop PCs with Linux installed on them in Australia is giving hope to Linux advocates at the Encompass HP user group that a similar system may be on its way in the US.
A US Republican Party Web site has been hacked, and for some time it has been spreading a variation of the long-running Storm Trojan horse to vulnerable visitors, a security researcher said Friday.
WatchGuard Technologies last week confirmed reports that it had cancelled a contract with an unnamed India-based offshoring company due to repeat customer complaints about poor support and service.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD