IBM is extending its support for Sun Microsystems' Solaris operating system to cover more of its x86 servers and blades, the two vendors announced Thursday.
Skype is experiencing software problems that have disconnected service for millions of users.
New exploits against VoIP continue to emerge, but experts say these demonstrations reveal the need for vigilant security and are not fatal flaws to the technology.
Video will drive a 21 percent compound annual growth rate in business IP traffic across WANs from 2006 to 2011, according to a forecast on global IP traffic released this week by Cisco.
RingCube Technologies has launched software that lets you package an entire corporate PC desktop as a single, self-contained, managed software image that can be downloaded over the Internet or run from a USB storage device.
As the global economy continues to go through a green revolution, the Australian Computer Society (ACS) announced ICT use by local businesses generated 7.94 million tonnes of carbon dioxide in 2005, which is on a par with the civil aviation and metal...
Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi told Famitsu magazine of Japan that he expects Gran Turismo 5 to launch by next summer.
Microsoft announced on Monday that it would soon allow MMO developers to require hard drive space when playing games on Xbox 360 despite the console maker's previous denial of such claims.
Rumors of an imminent Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) roll out have been blamed on a typo in an official Microsoft e-mail.
A U.S. student who revealed a weakness he had discovered in MySpace has had his profile removed from the social-networking site.
Lime Wire, maker of the controversial LimeWire file-sharing software, plans to go legit with a new music download service.
Customer satisfaction levels at Dell have fallen again, according to a customer satisfaction survey.
IT training provider Excom Education is offering a $14,000 scholarship for its EXpress IT program to help foster careers in IT.
Microsoft quietly beefed up a key defensive feature of 64-bit Windows Vista Tuesday to better protect the operating system against hacks that have plagued it for weeks.
Think you got a cheery greeting card from a friend via e-mail?
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google and Slack deepen partnership in the face of Microsoft Teams
- Fitbit scoops up rival fitness tracker maker Pebble
- Latest Android security update fixes Dirty COW, GPS vulnerabilities
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- SoftBank gives more detail about $50B US investment
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC