Microsoft Thursday said it was buying Web filtering software called DynaComm i:filter from FutureSoft.
Moving to quell apprehension about patents, Microsoft will strengthen intellectual property (IP) protection for manufacturers and distributors using its software.
Fraunhofer Institute has developed prototype technology to help curb the sharp rise in online music piracy, which, ironically, has been enabled through another invention of the renowned German research group: MP3 audio compression.
Two of Asia's largest electronics companies, South Korea's LG Electronics and Japan's Toshiba, have signed an agreement that will give each company access to the other's patents related to optical drive technology, they said Thursday.
The number of people in Japan who died though Internet-linked suicides hit a record 91 persons in 2005, Japan's National Police Agency said Thursday.
Samsung Electronics Co. plans to begin selling in the third quarter of this year an MMCmicro memory card with 1G byte of storage capacity, it said Thursday.
Enterprises are facing new Internet threats from several different directions this week, with serious security flaws disclosed in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), Windows and Internet Explorer, and exploit code released to exploit a recent flaw in...
Adobe Systems has announced the public beta of Adobe Flex 2.0 product line and Adobe Flash Player 8.5, an application development solution designed to deliver rich Internet applications.
A new report from security vendor Webroot has painted a grim picture of the rising incidence of malware in the last year.
A Microsoft contest to guess Windows Vista's ship date hints that the product's release date could be Dec. 1, though the company itself is remaining characteristically mum on the topic.
Pre-paid mobile VoIP is heading to Australia within the next six months, courtesy of US-based Mint Telecom.
Microsoft is warning of two bugs in its software that could potentially give unauthorized control or access over a person's computer, while a third problem has been highlighted by a security research company.
Microsoft has pushed back the release of its Xbox 360 game console in some Asian markets, as well as Australia and New Zealand, due to "supply constraints," a company executive said Wednesday.
A hacker Tuesday published code that exploits a vulnerability found in the latest version of the Mozilla's Firefox browser.
A plan from Yahoo and America Online (AOL) to adopt an e-mail certification system that charges mass mailers a per-message fee is stirring concern in the market.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD