A computer science researcher has developed a secure software application intended to bypass the problem of viruses altogether.
Google's dominance may seem unassailable in North America, but it's the search giant that is playing catch-up in Asia, according to new survey results released Sunday.
Google has agreed to buy messaging security company Postini for US$625 million, a move intended to increase the appeal of Google's hosted software applications among big businesses, the companies announced Monday.
As investigations continued into the death a 22-year-old Chinese man whose cell phone exploded, Chinese authorities have found batteries that may blow up when used in Motorola and Nokia cell phones, news reports said Friday.
In a nod to the success of emerging Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX and streaming media, one of the country's largest Internet benchmarking companies will no longer use page views as its primary metric for comparing sites.
Dell plans to sell computers with preinstalled Linux outside the U.S. as well as offer the Ubuntu Linux distribution to small business customers.
An unreleased US Circuit City promotional flier surfaced on Thursday showing a PS3 "price break" of $100 to US$499. One anonymous retailer confirmed the "retail-wide" price drop, however, Sony President Ryoji Chubachi denied the rumor on Friday.
The average zero-day bug has a lifespan of 348 days before it is discovered or patched, but some vulnerabilities live on for much longer, according to security vendor Immunity's chief executive officer.
Nortel plans to deliver its own set of 802.11n wireless LAN products later in 2008, as part of a strategy to package a range of data and voice products to create wholly wireless office environments.
RSA, the security division of EMC, has completed its annual wireless survey, and the news is mixed. Wireless adoption is moving briskly in the post-WEP era, with advanced encryption gaining ground, yet there have been some minor setbacks. There are a...
Yahoo suffered availability problems on Friday that affected its home page as well as other of its Web sites and services for a sustained period of time.
Real-time maps showing the "health" of the Internet, including its speed, traffic numbers and the rate of attacks, are now freely available to the public from <a href="http://www.akamai.com/visualize"target="_blank">Akamai</a>, which operates a distr...
Symantec Thursday released public betas of its <a href="http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/beta/overview.jsp?pvid=nav2008beta"target="_blank">Norton Antivirus 2008</a> and <a href="http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/beta/overview.jsp?pvid=n...
Websense is on the hunt for a fresh batch of resellers following the release of its SMB content filtering and Internet security software suite.
Credit card thieves are becoming big-time charity donors, but it's not out of the goodness of their hearts.
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2SA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist SQL & Sybase DBAVIC
- FTSenior Manager, Digital Analytics and Customer InsightsNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportSA
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT