Avanquest Software is adding fuel to the burgeoning iPod accessory market with the launch of six new software titles designed to provide multimedia editing and content, as well as organizational tools to a growing number of users.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has recommended that users avoid enabling this "search across computers" feature contained in Google's new desktop search beta.
A new OECD report says school students who regularly use computers perform better in key subjects than those with little experience or a lack of confidence when it comes to performing basic computer tasks.
BMW denied that it used misleading practices on its German Web site and criticized Google for removing the German BMW Web site from its index, despite the re-inclusion of the site late Tuesday.
Amazon.com is considering adding a sponsored links element to its affiliates program, a move by the giant online retailer into the world of paid search, the ad market that has fueled Google's astronomical revenue growth in the past several years.
Google has released a new beta version of its free, downloadable PC and Web search application that expands the functionality of the product's Sidebar feature, a panel that provides information from a variety of information sources.
Microsoft Thursday said it was buying Web filtering software called DynaComm i:filter from FutureSoft.
Moving to quell apprehension about patents, Microsoft will strengthen intellectual property (IP) protection for manufacturers and distributors using its software.
Fraunhofer Institute has developed prototype technology to help curb the sharp rise in online music piracy, which, ironically, has been enabled through another invention of the renowned German research group: MP3 audio compression.
Two of Asia's largest electronics companies, South Korea's LG Electronics and Japan's Toshiba, have signed an agreement that will give each company access to the other's patents related to optical drive technology, they said Thursday.
The number of people in Japan who died though Internet-linked suicides hit a record 91 persons in 2005, Japan's National Police Agency said Thursday.
Samsung Electronics Co. plans to begin selling in the third quarter of this year an MMCmicro memory card with 1G byte of storage capacity, it said Thursday.
Enterprises are facing new Internet threats from several different directions this week, with serious security flaws disclosed in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), Windows and Internet Explorer, and exploit code released to exploit a recent flaw in...
Adobe Systems has announced the public beta of Adobe Flex 2.0 product line and Adobe Flash Player 8.5, an application development solution designed to deliver rich Internet applications.
A new report from security vendor Webroot has painted a grim picture of the rising incidence of malware in the last year.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT