The prediction of thunderstorms has never been an exact science. But a research team from the University of Oklahoma and the US federal government is poised to dramatically improve weather forecasting with supercomputer analyses of the individual cel...
Microsoft late Monday released BizTalk Server 2006 R2, its first software with RFID support and the foundation for its SOA, supply chain and business process-management platforms.
While fighting cybercrime has become a bigger problem for law enforcement over the past 10 years, given increased involvement from organized-crime groups, officials are seeing some results from recent legislation and international coordination effort...
Platforms that detect when sensitive corporate data is leaked are more effective against people making honest errors than they are against criminals trying to steal the data, says one analyst.
VMware Tuesday announced it had snapped-up Dunes Technologies, a start-up specializing in business process automation and management in virtual environments.
A new version of the IcePack hacker tool kit has been released and for the first time it includes attack code designed to exploit an unpatched, or zero-day, Microsoft vulnerability.
In the Presidio, a former U.S. Army base in San Francisco, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. Monday is announcing delivery of its Barcelona quad-core processor. It's a historic setting, and one the company may use to remind its customers of its own history...
Is this the final stage of refinement for the hard-drive-based media player Apple now calls the iPod Classic? Judging by the tiny changes in this sixth generation, it very well could be. This latest update is all about capacity, with the 30GB model j...
Around 67 percent of Australian Internet users are on broadband, but according to new research its the 'baby boomers' that are slowing uptake by dragging their feet when it comes to adoption.
Apple is debating whether to participate in the US Federal Communications Commission's Jan. 16 wireless spectrum auction, BusinessWeek reported Monday, but analysts who follow Apple said the company would be crazy to build a nationwide wireless netwo...
Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas is using instant messaging and presence technologies over wireless networks to shrink its 120-acre campus.
The ever growing open source browser, Firefox, surged past the 400 million downloads mark last week, according to a statement posted on Spread Firefox; a Web site dedicated to marketing the Mozilla Foundation's flagship creation.
Via Technologies Inc. is shipping a faster version of its C-7M ultra low-voltage processor, and the 1.6GHz chip has found a home in an updated version of OQO Inc.'s diminutive handheld computer, the company said Monday.
An IT engineer working for Caterpillar's engineering design center in India allegedly used another employee's username and password to access and steal about 4,000 confidential documents from a company server in the US.
In a deal that makes both companies look good, Salesforce.com announced that Omniture, one of the leaders in online Web marketing analytics, will be the newest service to join AppExchange.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCTest LeadVIC
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC