Forget China, Russia or eastern European countries. When it comes to malicious code, U.S.-based servers host an overwhelming majority of it, according to security vendor Finjan.
Fuel cell technology that is currently in development boasts the ability of extracting energy from virtually any sugar source to power portable electronics like cellular phones, laptops, and sensors. The new technology is expected to be biodegradable...
Tungle will deliver on Friday a beta version of a plug-in application designed to let users create a peer-to-peer network of people for the sole purpose of simplifying the process of scheduling meetings.
Scientists at IBM's Zurich Research Laboratory have developed a glue-application technique used to assemble chips that will keep them running cooler, the company said.
A Belgian court dismissed a lawsuit filed by a company that said a feature for Google's search engine offers up password-cracking tools and serial numbers to unlock their software.
U.S. transportation officials last week warned travellers to take precautions when flying with battery-powered gear such as laptops and cell phones after two in-flight fires involving batteries were reported in the last six weeks.
Want a chance to win a prize every time you do a Web search?
Microsoft has put the brakes on its Soapbox video-sharing site while it implements new technology to detect videos uploaded by users that could have copyright restrictions.
A new low-level PC management standard is brewing, one that may eventually enable IT managers to remotely diagnose and fix malfunctioning machines -- even those that are turned off or unable to boot.
Things are getting tense in the business telephony world. Microsoft is heading for a face-off with the increasingly influential open source company Digium. Both companies are launching competing phone systems for small businesses at the VON 07 trade ...
Another Trojan horse is spreading through the Internet telephone network of Skype.
U.K. firms are at risk of data leakage through their employees' increasing use of Web 2.0 technologies and social networking websites, security experts have warned.
Microsoft's Windows Home Server developers have been inundated with bug reports on the under-construction consumer server software, which -- when it was announced in January -- was expected to ship mid-year.
A just-disclosed bug in Windows Vista's built-in e-mail program can be used by hackers to run malicious code on a victimized PC, said a researcher Friday who two weeks ago touted an exploit-for-sale service.
Yahoo Thursday updated its free Widget software and touted the program's new automatic updating feature and its lighter appetite for RAM.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New GDDR6 memory could hit GPUs in 2018
- Google is using AI to compress images better than JPEG
- Hackers tap vBulletin vulnerability to break into 27 million more accounts
- Telegram's encryption stymies French police but pleases their bosses
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT