IBM Corp. is shipping a new hard drive for desktop computers that uses a technology called "tag 'n seek," which increases its performance by up to 20 percent over competing hard drives, IBM said in a statement Monday.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. is scheduled to launch its fastest desktop processors yet Tuesday, the Athlon XP 2700+ and 2800+, according to sources.
A new e-mail-borne virus variously known as "Tanatos," and "W32/Bugbear," is being circulated as an e-mail attachment and appears to target machines running Microsoft Corp. operating systems, according to alerts issued by a number of computer securi...
A virus posing as a security patch from Microsoft Corp. is circulating on the Internet, Microsoft confirmed Monday.
Digital media delivery company Liquid Audio Inc. is selling its intellectual property assets, including patents for digital rights management (DRM) and the delivery of content to portable devices, to Microsoft Corp. in preparation for a merger that w...
Recognizing the growing popularity of mobile computing devices such as handheld computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs) and smart phones, companies are rolling out a host of new products to secure data and communications on portable devices. Fr...
Hoping to better establish its version of Linux on the desktops of small and midsize companies, Red Hat Inc. on Monday will formally deliver Version 8.0 of the open-source operating system that features a spiffier graphical interface.
Stopping e-mail spam from clogging networks, forcing over-provisioning of mail servers and stealing end users' time is the challenge which has consumed Julian Ehrlich, director of Sydney company Pearl Communications for the past four years.
Sony Corp.'s going to war; a war it plans to fight with weapons of mass distinction. By its own admission it was late to the CD-R market, missing out to arch rival Philips, a mistake it's not planning to repeat with DVD.
A security flaw in commonly distributed file-viewing programs may make it possible for attackers to use Adobe Systems Inc. PDF and PostScript files to run malicious code on machines using the Unix or Linux operating systems, according to an advisory ...
During the past two weeks, online payment service PayPal Inc. has been targeted by scam artists trying to get the personal information of its users, including credit card data, user names and passwords.
A number of software vendors and security firms are teaming up to discuss reporting strategies for security flaws, balancing the right of users to know whether their software is flawed against the possibility that publicizing vulnerabilities may enco...
One in five new cars built worldwide will contain a Bluetooth wireless networking chip by 2007 so that drivers can use hands-free mobile phone headsets while driving, according to a report by New York-based technology thinktank, Allied Business Intel...
Webcasters could potentially get a break from what they claim are overly burdensome copyright fees if a new bill introduced into Congress late Thursday is approved.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
- Software developer shortage transcends international boundaries
- SAP offering customers 'simpler' way to buy its Hana in-memory platform
- Intel venture capital funds target Chinese startups in wearables, IoT
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW