Consumers in Europe have another group looking out for their digital rights with the opening of a Brussels office by the U.S. nonprofit group the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Responding to demand for ultra-thin designs, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has announced a new Walkman music phone -- its slimmest handset yet. The product is one of several announced Tuesday ahead of the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona next w...
Microsoft's Windows Vista OS has already failed a major security test.
Though Kodak has recently released several 4-by-6-inch snapshot printers (EasyShare Photo Printer 500, for example), the company is now set to launch its first full-size printers in roughly five years.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is upgrading its inkjet printers to appeal to small business owners for whom a big business machine is too expensive but a small consumer-oriented printer inadequate.
Online attackers have briefly disrupted service on at least two of the 13 "root" servers that are used to direct traffic on the Internet.
IBM sold off a chunk of its stake in Lenovo Group, leading the world's third-largest PC vendor to temporarily suspend trading of its shares in Hong Kong on Tuesday.
Good news: You don't have to be a sorcerer or even a genius to come up with brilliant ideas or inventions. According to Professor R. Keith Sawyer at Washington University in St. Louis, the latest research shows that you have a much better chance of b...
The Internet has an ever-growing role to play in allowing free expression across the globe, but only if attempts to reign it in are unsuccessful, Google Chairman and CEO Eric Schmidt, said Tuesday.
Cisco Systems used the RSA Security Conference in San Francisco to trumpet its transformation from "packet pusher" to "infrastructure" company, unveiling a string of product updates that unify its diverse security portfolio on Monday.
An emerging breed of sophisticated malware is raising doubts about the ability of traditional signature-based security software to fend off new viruses and worms, according to experts at this week's RSA security conference in San Francisco.
Microsoft is sidestepping an appeal from a former leader of the Soviet Union to intervene in a piracy case involving a school principal.
A controversial proposal to create a special domain for pornographic content on the Internet -- dubbed the .xxx domain -- appears to be gaining momentum after years of on-again, off-again negotiations with the Internet's technical coordinating body.
Microsoft has thrown its weight behind OpenID, an emerging Web authentication standard.
Lenovo Group has signed a five-year deal with IBM to provide services and support to its customers. The deal, outlined in a filing with the Hong Kong stock exchange Tuesday, could be worth up to US$245 million for IBM over the term of the contract.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Taxi hailing apps Mytaxi and Hailo will merge to counter Uber in Europe
- Cybersecurity firm offers users reimbursement for ransomware infections
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC