The number of e-mails containing malicious software is increasing, according to recent statistics released by IT security and control firm Sophos.
Storm may not be the most creative or malicious piece of malware ever written, but it's on track to become the most productive; threat researchers' recent estimates put the number of PCs it has infected at more than 1 million.
Microsoft confirmed late last week that Windows XP users who repair the operating system cannot update their PCs with the latest patches because of a file included with the stealth update pushed out to machines this summer.
SAP enterprise systems were never developed for security, researchers say. Since such systems manage the core information for many major companies, this is a major flaw. As more vulnerabilites are discovered, the situation is ripe for large-scale ind...
Microsoft, clearly getting an earful from corporate users over the rapid demise of XP to make way for Vista, has responded by committing to extend the availability of XP for another five months.
Japan launched this week an automated system that intends to provide several seconds warning before shaking occurs after a major earthquake.
Salesforce.com has launched a US$25 million investment fund to encourage the development of new applications using its Force.com hosted development platform.
Dramatic footage of a Japanese journalist shot and killed during anti-government protests in Myanmar has drawn hundreds of thousands of viewers on YouTube, stirring outrage among viewers in Japan and elsewhere.
Adobe Systems will boost its strategy of helping developers and users create desktop and Web applications that share a similar user experience at its Adobe MAX user conference in Chicago this week.
The European Commission has begun an antitrust investigation of Qualcomm for suspected exploitative practices in the market for chipsets for mobile phones, it announced this week.
UK-based Internet service provider Ecological Hosting is powering its data centre with sunshine.
Network equipment vendor 3Com has agreed to be acquired by associates of Bain Capital and of Huawei Technology in a deal worth US$2.2 billion, 3Com said Friday.
Dell updated its gaming notebook line with a new XPS m1730 model which adds a host of new game-centric aesthetic and hardware features. Notebook prices start at $US3000 and jump to $4480, according to prices on Dell.com.
Skype's co-founder Niklas Zennstrom has handed over his CEO title to become non-executive chairman of the board of directors of this eBay unit, whose impact on its parent company remains an open question.
Owners of hacked iPhones have begun posting instructions on how to roll back a recent Apple firmware upgrade that rendered their mobile phones unusable.
Does your laptop environment live up to expectations? Read a user’s experience and discovery.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTLead PMONSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW