Whether as home users or office workers, humans remain the weakest link when it comes to IT security. Sophos expects hackers to exploit this fact and predicts social engineering to rise in 2007.
Ken Kutaragi will leave his position as president of Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI), the Sony unit responsible for the PlayStation family of games consoles, and hand day-to-day control of the company to Kaz Hirai, previously head of SCEI's U.S. u...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) launched a motherboard with four cores on Thursday, targeting gaming enthusiasts in an effort to keep pace with the release of quad-core chips by rival Intel.
Financial traders at a London company wear shorts to work because heat from workstations under their desks is so bad. Hewlett-Packard (HP) has invented technology to take the workstations out from under the desks and replace them with blade-style com...
A press conference this week on Second Life, the virtual world where "land" and buildings are now so valuable someone is claiming to have made a million dollars, proved remarkably like a reporter's first life.
Intel has started to produce samples of a quad-core processor called Penryn that offers faster clock speeds and larger cache sizes, according to an executive.
Asustek Computer plans to launch two motherboards complete with phone jacks able to turn common household telephones into Internet phones using Skype's popular VOIP software.
Details of the newest research on the ancient astronomical calculator called the Antikythera Mechanism have been published online by Nature magazine in advance of Thursday's international conference in Athens.
In what the company claims is its biggest launch since Windows 95, Microsoft has announced the local business availability of Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, and Exchange Server 2007.
Even if an 11-year-old school girl from the tiny village of Wick in South Wales was the first person to place a call over BT Group's new next-generation network, U.K. businesses will be among the big benefactors of the all-IP (Internet Protocol) netw...
Japan's Kenwood will soon begin selling what it claims is the smallest portable music player based on a hard-disk drive.
Russia has agreed to U.S. demands to close the popular music website Allofmp3.com. The U.S. wants the site closed to fight music piracy, and Russia has agreed to improve its chance of gaining membership of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
At the same time that Nokia is enabling multimedia mobile applications like VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol), it's helping operators limit such services.
Corel is adopting a neutral approach to the electronic document format duel and updating its WordPerfect word processing software to fully support both the OpenDocument Format (ODF) and Microsoft's Office Open XML formats.
BitTorrent on Wednesday announced deals with several major movie studios and content producers, as the streaming software company moves towards legitimacy instead of being a tool for piracy.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- How to find the cheapest flights
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT