Apple's decision last week to bundle an iPhone-crippling firmware upgrade with 10 security patches for the device was a mistake, analysts said this week.
Nokia Siemens Networks will hand over parts of some research and development teams to IBM, unloading some of its workforce while continuing to gain the benefit of their expertise, the companies said this week.
EBay will significantly widen the beta test for San Dimas, its PC application designed to let buyers interact both offline and online with the company's marketplace.
Former Network Appliance executive Bernadette Escue is scheduled to be arraigned in a US federal court on October 11 on a charge of embezzling more than US$90,000 from the storage vendor.
Location, location, location is the mantra in real estate. Could it be the same for the Internet? The answer is "yes', according panelists at a MIT technology conference held in Cambridge, Massachusetts this week.
Most U.S. consumers believe they're protecting their computers against cyberattacks, but their actions indicate they aren't as safe as they think, according to a study released Monday.
Toshiba this week pushed high-definition technology into new laptops, expanding entertainment options for budget users.
Microsoft has taken another baby step into on-demand services, with a bundle of small announcements that amount to a little rebranding here, and a couple of new services there. The new offerings are Office Live Workspace -- a free, personal, Web-base...
Microsoft announced this week a free online storage, file sharing and collaboration service designed for users of its Office application suite, its latest move to tie desktop software to the Internet.
Mobile phone giant Nokia has launched a new version of its e-mail client for business customers using Microsoft's Exchange mail server.
Palm hasn't yet managed to turn around its declining fortunes, posting a quarterly net loss of US$840,000 this week.
Adobe Systems this week released updates for key developer technologies to a newly revamped developer site called Adobe Developer Connection, part of a larger strategy to promote its vision for taking rich Internet applications to the desktop through...
A woman from New York sued Apple last week over the iPhone, saying that the company broke several laws when it cut the price of the device last month by US$200 and then issued a US$100 credit to some owners.
As business users turn to high-performance hardware, IBM is adding features to its high-performance file systems to help push supercomputing more into the mainstream.
Does your laptop environment live up to expectations? Read a user’s experience and discovery.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCAzure Architect/ConsultantVIC
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTPresales Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC