Among the security patches released by Microsoft Tuesday is an Internet Explorer fix that is now being distributed for the third time, due to problems that weren't fixed on the patch's first or second releases, the company has admitted.
In a bid to reassure nervous investors in the wake of a federal investigation and a battery recall, Dell executives have announced a corporate overhaul dubbed "Dell 2.0."
Microsoft's Office 2007 suite is nearing the end of its long testing process. Microsoft on Thursday will offer a refresh of beta 2, the last external test release of the product before it is released to manufacturing, the company said.
Imagine buying your best mate a birthday drink at a classy Sydney establishment even if you can't be at the pub with him. You may be somewhere across the world, but hey, at least you're there in ... spirits. It's all a matter of sending an SMS, thank...
Greater battery life, bigger hard drives and better designs feature in the refreshed Apple iPod range that was announced this morning in the US. Software also gets a look in with a new search feature, games for download and better integration with it...
Dell has stepped away from long-time supplier Intel, launching one desktop that spurns the chipmaker's vPro business bundle and two others that use processors from chipmaking competitor Advanced Micro Devices (AMD).
An Erie, Pennsylvania, man involved in a BitTorrent peer-to-peer network has pleaded guilty to copyright infringement and faces up to five years in prison and a US$250,000 fine, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) said.
Two Moroccan men have been jailed for releasing the Zotob computer worm, which wreaked havoc on an estimated 250,000 Windows PCs last year.
Microsoft has released its monthly set of security patches, fixing a critical flaw in Office.
In a day of executive shakeups, Hewlett-Packard (HP) Tuesday announced that Patricia Dunn, the company's embattled chairman, will be relieved of those duties after the board's Jan. 18, 2007, meeting, but will continue as a director. Meanwhile, board ...
A project based on the open source software model aims to create free online textbooks for developing nations. Under careful academic oversight, the Global Text Project will produce 1000 textbooks for undergraduate studies in a range of subjects incl...
More online users may begin accessing video and audio content produced by the European Commission now that Blinkx, the video search engine, is including in its database content from the European Commission Audiovisual Service.
At the Venice Biennale this week, visitors to the contemporary art and design exhibition can see graphic displays of how residents and tourists are moving about Italy's capital city, Rome. A project called Real Time Rome uses data gathered from cell ...
Symantec this week unveiled the 2007 editions of its consumer Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security desktop products, plus a third new offering called Norton Confidential that protects e-commerce transactions.
The U.S. Department of Justice is asking questions about conduct by Hewlett-Packard that has embroiled the technology company in controversy.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top-level domain expansion is a security risk for business computers
- EU prepares to end geoblocking in online sales of goods and services
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia