Trend Micro said Tuesday it is teaming with startup Third Brigade to integrate its intrusion-prevention system capability into Trend Micro's OfficeScan endpoint-security product.
Microsoft has won a patent for a digital-watermarking technology that could be used to protect the rights of content owners even when digital music is distributed without DRM protection.
Microsoft has denied it has switched on an anti-piracy measure in Windows Vista that would result in a "black screen of darkness" for unlicensed OEM copies of the operating system but the software giant did not rule out turning it on in the future.
There are two things different about Morrisville State College this week. One is the campus-wide wireless LAN, with about 700 access points, including 10 brand new draft IEEE 802.11n access points from Meru Networks.
Microsoft has issued four security bulletins that patched just four vulnerabilities in Windows, Visual Studio and the MSN and Windows Live Messenger software, setting a 2007 record for the fewest flaws fixed in a monthly scheduled update.
Mozilla has posted mock-ups of Places, one of the most-awaited new features in the upcoming Firefox 3.0., on its Web site.
The prediction of thunderstorms has never been an exact science. But a research team from the University of Oklahoma and the US federal government is poised to dramatically improve weather forecasting with supercomputer analyses of the individual cel...
Microsoft late Monday released BizTalk Server 2006 R2, its first software with RFID support and the foundation for its SOA, supply chain and business process-management platforms.
While fighting cybercrime has become a bigger problem for law enforcement over the past 10 years, given increased involvement from organized-crime groups, officials are seeing some results from recent legislation and international coordination effort...
Platforms that detect when sensitive corporate data is leaked are more effective against people making honest errors than they are against criminals trying to steal the data, says one analyst.
VMware Tuesday announced it had snapped-up Dunes Technologies, a start-up specializing in business process automation and management in virtual environments.
A new version of the IcePack hacker tool kit has been released and for the first time it includes attack code designed to exploit an unpatched, or zero-day, Microsoft vulnerability.
In the Presidio, a former U.S. Army base in San Francisco, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. Monday is announcing delivery of its Barcelona quad-core processor. It's a historic setting, and one the company may use to remind its customers of its own history...
Is this the final stage of refinement for the hard-drive-based media player Apple now calls the iPod Classic? Judging by the tiny changes in this sixth generation, it very well could be. This latest update is all about capacity, with the 30GB model j...
Around 67 percent of Australian Internet users are on broadband, but according to new research its the 'baby boomers' that are slowing uptake by dragging their feet when it comes to adoption.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW