Intel CEO, Craig Barrett, in his keynote speech on the opening day of the Intel Developer Forum Conference in San Francisco, described the importance of innovation in today's ICT platform arena.
An appeals court on Wednesday threw out a US$520.6 million patent infringement judgment against Microsoft and ordered a new trial in the dispute brought by Eolas Technologies.
Business people need them and consumers love them -- the many new smart wireless devices that are making work and play a whole lot more productive and entertaining. Expect to find a truckload of cool gadgets at the Cebit trade show, which begins next...
Intel confirmed its plans to release processors targeted specifically at consumer electronics and digital home devices, and dropped some of the strongest hints yet that it is planning to eventually shift its processors for desktop PCs to the Pentium ...
After several recent rulings in its favour, Rambus's quest to recover royalties from the memory chip industry has been dealt a blow with the dismissal of its patent case against Infineon Technologies on allegations of legal misconduct.
.Net and 3G wireless applications skills are in huge demand, but RSP Group director Gary Hinksman warned that all candidates need to be business as well as technically savvy.
Inmarsat, the satellite company that provides roaming communications services to maritime vessels, military units and aircraft, is preparing to launch a new generation of satellites that will allow it to offer a wider range of global high-speed voice...
A group of technology trade groups, consumer advocates and lawyers filed more than 20 briefs Tuesday in support of peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software vendors facing a U.S. Supreme Court showdown with the movie industry later this month.
Yahoo is for the first time opening up its search platform so that external developers can create search applications that tap the vendor's search infrastructure, Yahoo is announcing Tuesday. Yahoo is also expanding access to the Overture ad network ...
Acer has amended its notebook warranties, citing reseller and end-user requests for the change of tack.
After an initial surge in market share gains that followed the release of Firefox 1.0 in November, the pace at which the open-source Web browser is winning market share has slowed down, new research shows.
Fujitsu believes it has the answer to a major technology problem that will confront chip makers in the future -- using carbon nanotubes to replace copper wires in chip circuits.
Hotel heiress Paris Hilton's mobile phone account and those of other T-Mobile customers may have fallen victim to hackers who took advantage of a gaping hole in the company's Web site to steal information, according to security experts and those fami...
U.S. authorities arrested a 35-year-old California man and charged him with illegally sending proprietary data from his employer, a Fremont, California, company that makes semiconductors, to a competitor in Taiwan, according to a statement from the U...
Intel's vaunted Pentium 4 brand name, which has denoted its flagship desktop processor since 2000, will be retired with the launch of the company's first dual-core desktop processor, Intel said Tuesday at the Spring Intel Developer Forum. The company...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, August 4
- Acer's new Windows 10 laptops arrive with Chromebook-like prices
- Microsoft updates program to encourage diversity in partner law firms
- DHS warns about privacy implications of cybersecurity bill
- Apple computers vulnerable to 'Thunderstrike 2' firmware worm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW