Google, Yahoo and Microsoft have undermined the rights of Chinese to freedom of expression through their actions in China, Amnesty International said in a report.
More than one million users of MySpace.com and other Web sites may have been infected with adware spread by a banner advertisement, according to iDefense, a computer security group.
PC market growth slowed during the second quarter compared to the first three months of the year as the World Cup soccer tournament distracted Europeans, leading to a steep slow down in shipment growth on the continent, market researcher, IDC, said i...
Microsoft on Wednesday said it has licensed 3D technology it developed in its research division to a provider of visual content-management software and hardware.
Hewlett-Packard's tiny Memory Spot chip is designed to put digital information on documents and photos. However, the chip's size and wireless capability can also be used by corporate thieves to copy and steal valuable data.
Fueled by strong product sales and an increase in gross margins, Apple Computer has solidly beated Wall Street estimates for its fiscal third quarter, reporting earnings of $US472 billion.
Reeling from recent layoffs and a slowdown in the growth of worldwide PC sales, Intel has posted profits of $US885 million for the second quarter, less than half of the $US2 billion it earned in the same period last year.
The stock-option backdating scandal slammed into a major high-tech company again Wednesday as memory technology company Rambus said it expects to restate its financial results for 2003 through 2005 and the first quarter of 2006.
eBay matched Wall Street's expectations for revenue and earnings per share in its second quarter, helped by what the company described as solid growth across its entire business.
British Sky Broadcasting Group this week introduced a free broadband service in the U.K., becoming the third operator in the country to market free broadband as part of a bundled offering. But don't expect the same type of offering in Australia.
Sony is expanding its line-up of high-definition camcorders to quickly transition its Japanese sales from standard-definition to HD, the company said Wednesday.
German chip maker Infineon Technologies has designed a core transceiver for a new generation of system-on-chip semiconductors that will allow consumer electronic devices, such as mobile phones and PCs, to send or receive data at high speeds over the ...
Despite the criticism leveled at Microsoft after the recent rollout -- and rollback -- of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), experts say that effort was just the first phase in the company's latest antipiracy effort, dubbed the Genuine Software Initiat...
Microsoft will commit to following the principles of its 2002 antitrust settlement with the U.S. government beyond its end in late 2007, and in some cases, the company will expand upon those requirements, a Microsoft executive said Wednesday.
Yahoo's second-quarter revenue fell short of Wall Street's expectations but the company met the analysts' earnings per share consensus forecast.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW