Nearly one year after Skype stole the headlines at the 3GSM World Congress with its plans to offer a mobile version of its Internet phone, a couple of nimble startups -- and not the Net telephony pioneer itself -- appear to have found a way to make t...
More than half of the wireless LAN devices being used at this week's RSA Conference on information security are themselves unsecured.
A new study by the University of Maryland's A. James Clark School of Engineering shows the Internet wilds are still teeming with hordes of good old-fashioned brute-force attacks and quantifies how frequently machines are attacked and the methods used...
U.S. Congressman Chris Smith said that top American technology companies are failing to prevent censorship and other human rights abuses in China, writing Saturday in a letter to The Wall Street Journal.
Samsung unveiled a new media-centric phone clearly designed to be an iPhone killer and said it will show off the device at this week's 3GSM World Conference in Barcelona, Spain.
Value networking, says Gartner vice president and distinguished analyst Carol Rozwell, is a method for examining the relationships among a group of related organizations or individuals to understand and categorize the value each gains from the relati...
Ethernet is right up there with magnetic resonance imaging, the LP record, air bags, and soft contact lenses. So says the National Inventors Hall of Fame, which included Bob Metcalf, inventor of the ubiquitous LAN technology, in its latest round of i...
In an about-face, Microsoft Thursday said it will keep the Hotmail name for its Web-based e-mail service, even though it has touted a new moniker, Windows Live Mail, for months.
Internet video of the future will be slicker, more widely distributed and more profitable, but the success of this medium to date owes much to pirates, proud parents and people who like to be watched or watch others.
New allegations have surfaced that Apple CEO Steve Jobs was involved in backdating stock-option grants improperly while chairman of the animated movie studio Pixar.
Environmentalists have been urging consumers for decades to wake up to impending disaster and change their buying, driving and living habits to reduce pollution, cut energy consumption and help reverse global warming.
Mozilla will relaunch its popular Firefox add-on site this week by culling the several thousand extensions listed for its open-source browser to just a couple of hundred.
Xerox research subsidiary, the Palo Alto Research Center, has struck a licensing deal with a high-profile startup in the hopes of building a search engine that could one day rival, Google.
Warner Music CEO Edgar Bronfman Thursday rejected in no uncertain terms Apple CEO Steve Jobs' suggestion last week that the major music label companies should abandon digital tunes copy protection.
Google has lost the services of the co-founders and top executives of dMarc Broadcasting, the radio advertising company Google acquired one year ago to push into that market.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA