China's currency revaluation raised the cost of paying worker salaries at the thousands of electronics factories across the nation, but that won't impact end-user prices for IT goods like PCs and servers, analysts say.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) has promised better hardware and software tools to help developers make games for the company's upcoming PlayStation 3 games console, the company said last week.
A nonprofit organisation in the Japanese city of Hiroshima is planning to mark the upcoming 60th anniversary of the city's atomic bombing with a photo exhibition that will draw on images contributed by Internet users from around the world.
Cisco's Linksys division last week acquired KiSS Technology, a Danish maker of networked home entertainment devices.
Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has approved an application for a new .tel domain, that will hold contact details for companies and individuals. The final contract has yet to be produced, but Telnic, the company that put i...
Spanish authorities are reported to have arrested 310 people as part of an international investigation into one of the Internet's most active "419" or "Nigerian e-mail" fraud rings.
Microsoft has announced the official name for its operating system, previously known under the code name "Longhorn." The operating system, due out in 2006, will now be known as Windows Vista with the tag line, "Bringing clarity to your world."
Panasonic plans in late August to put on sale three new Lumix digital still cameras. The lineup includes a model capable of shooting in a 16:9 aspect ratio, and another model that has a 19X optical zoom, the company said at a news conference held in ...
Sony and Konica Minolta Photo Imaging will jointly develop digital single lens reflex (SLR) cameras, the companies said this week.
Microsoft posted solid growth for its fiscal fourth quarter 2005, highlighted by sales of server software. Revenue for the software maker's quarter ended June 30 was US$10.2 billion, a 9 percent increase over the same period last year, when Microsoft...
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) will release a system software update for its PlayStation Portable (PSP) next week that will add several new functions to the handheld gaming device, including browse the Internet and download TV programs, the ...
EBay began quietly testing on its eBay Germany site this month a significant expansion of its PayPal Buyer Protection program that, if successful, could be implemented in other countries, a PayPal spokeswoman said Thursday.
Google Inc. saw its revenue and net income shoot up in its 2005 second fiscal quarter, ended June 30, as its online ad sales continued to grow strongly, the Mountain View, California, search engine company announced Thursday.
EBay Inc. is developing a new search system to help users find products on its online marketplace and a new fraud protection program for its PayPal online payment unit, company President and Chief Executive Officer Meg Whitman said Wednesday.
Despite Hewlett-Packard's (HP's) commitment to keeping its investments in research and development intact following the announcement of 14,500 job cuts, the company has decided to cut four research projects from its HP Labs organization, a company sp...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- US will not seek legislation against encryption
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC