Microsoft has chosen what it sees as the next-generation in PC form factors -- a computer the size and shape of a coffee table with a flat, touchscreen display -- as the third major product it has designed and is branding for the consumer electronics...
The Stones' Paint It Black, Sabotage by the Beastie Boys, Cherub Rock from the Smashing Pumpkins. These are just some of the songs that will be available when Guitar Hero III hits shelves later this year.
A U.S. federal court jury has found Qualcomm infringed three Broadcom patents and awarded Broadcom US$19.6 million in damages.
A private-equity firm is reportedly seeking a buyout of Avaya, according to The Wall Street Journal.
It's been years in the making, but Microsoft's next server platform is finally in the stretch run and while it doesn't appear revolutionary, it's looking like the final release will deliver a grab bag of goodies to users looking to ease management, n...
Google has unveiled Street View, a new feature that gives a panoramic flavour to its <a href="http://maps.google.com" target="_blank">Google Maps</a> application by offering 360-degree, navigable photographic views of selected locations.
IBM said last week that it plans to build a blade server system for small to medium-sized businesses (SMB). For IBM, that means customers with fewer than 1,000 employees.
IBM is promising high performance 3D graphics from a new, blade-format workstation that's remotely accessed by a thin client. Thin clients, whether in this format or as virtual machines, have previously been unable to reproduce 3D graphics or real-ti...
The measurements of a person's ring and index fingers may come in handy in the early identification of developmental disorders, career paths, and behaviourial issues such as technophobia, psychologists claim.
It's an interesting contrast: consumers are fast ditching videotape for DVDs and hard-disks but the people who make TV shows are sticking to tape for some cutting edge applications. When it comes to recording broadcast-quality HDTV today's optical di...
Microsoft has beaten its goal of shipping over a million Zune digital music players by June, according to a newspaper report.
After a break of several years Toshiba is about to introduce a laptop computer powered by an Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) processor.
Linux Foundation's Jim Zemlin says Microsoft's recent patent claim against Linux and the open source community is a furphy, alleging it is a delaying tactic to merely help protect its profits, according to a column penned last Friday in Business Week...
Tiny, spiral-shaped carbon tubes and fibres could give way to new kinds of components for nanoscale electronics, say researchers who are studying what has been dubbed "nanoscale spiral pasta" in the hope of developing nanoscale switching and memory s...
You know those pesky but necessary CAPTCHA boxes whose squiggly letters and digits you need to retype to make use of certain parts of sites such as Yahoo, Wikipedia and PayPal?
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW