A cursory inspection of the lifejackets stashed under commercial airline seats could add as much as 30 minutes to an aircraft's time on the ground.
What's in a [domain] name? Probably a few million dollars if you've bothered to register a highly bankable one.
Britain is losing out in computer science, endangering the British economy in the long term, the British Computer Society (BCS) has warned.
An antispam researcher has uncovered a phishing scam that uses computers belonging to both a medical transcription outsourcing company and the Government of Malaysia.
A week after it first appeared in Japan, Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation 3 console went on sale in the U.S. and three other countries on Friday.
Nintendo's Wii console will do more to challenge Microsoft's Xbox 360 this holiday shopping season than the long-awaited PlayStation 3 from Sony Computer Entertainment, according to analysts.
Four weeks after beating Wall Street estimates for financial earnings, chip maker Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) will lay off 375 workers, according to published reports.
Spamhaus has published a list of the world's 10 worst spammers. And with inboxes bursting full of Viagra offers, penis pumps and sexual performance enhancers, is it really any wonder that they are all men?
Google's YouTube signed a contract with the National Hockey League (NHL) to offer game highlights, the latest deal struck by the video sharing sensation as it attempts to stamp out pirated clips from its site and avoid copyright lawsuits.
Popular consumer applications like Skype, Google and MSN, are being made available via mobile phones with the announcement of X-Series by global carrier 3.
Skype has launched its first mobile voice-over-IP service in collaboration with an operator, the UK's 3 Group, whose customers will soon be the first to use it.
A former executive at Elpida Memory will serve time in prison and pay a US$250,000 fine for participating in a global conspiracy to fix DRAM (dynamic RAM) prices, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Thursday.
Chip design company Opti has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), after reaching an out of court settlement in a similar case against Nvidia earlier this year.
Rumors that Apple Computer plans to launch a mobile phone next year are gaining momentum, although the company's Taiwanese manufacturing partners are giving little away.
Microsoft will write a software plug-in that allows the Firefox open-source Web browser to work with Microsoft's Cardspace identity management technology.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia