Microsoft plans to unveil <a href="http://projectglidepath.net/blog/default.aspx">Project Glidepath</a>, a program to help small ISVs get up to speed on the planned Windows Vista operating system and .Net Framework 3.0, according to Microsoft blogs.
Motorola will buy the broadband wireless equipment business of Clearwire as part of a set of deals intended to help jump-start mobile WiMax, the companies announced Wednesday.
Although widespread virus outbreaks may be a thing of the past, the total amount of malicious software being written is on the rise, according to McAfee.
BigAir has its eye on high rises, taking on an additional 1000 unit-dwelling broadband customers and the promise of more, with its W Home acquisition, announced Wednesday.
The creator of a widely used hacking tool has promised to publish details on one browser vulnerability per day for the month of July.
Seagate plans to increase disk capacity by a factor of ten with new technology it has just patented, meaning your computer hard drive could soon be storing as much as a terabyte.
Microsoft has been hit with a second lawsuit over Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), its antipiracy program that checks if the Windows operating system on a machine has a valid license.
Apple Computer on Wednesday launched an iMac dual-core desktop PC designed and priced for students and teachers.
Ransomware, or software that takes control of a computer and demands money in exchange for access to files, is one type of Trojan Horse program growing in popularity, according to Sophos' mid-year security report issued on Wednesday.
Shavlik Technologies on Wednesday released a trio of tools to fill the gaps that will be left when Microsoft drops support later this year for its older security scanning tools.
Around 80 staff at a Melbourne call centre operated by Global Tele Sales - a subsidiary of the German airline Lufthansa - have been offered AWA individual contracts that cut their take home pay by up to $80 a week, according to the Australian Council...
Despite all the talk of offshoring software development to developing nations, computer and electronics giant Toshiba is expanding its Sydney research and development centre, which uses Linux as its platform of choice.
The latest ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) meeting, which was held in Morocco last week, heard about the dangers associated with the growing secondary market in domain name resale. It heard about two cases where a Cub Scou...
Palm Inc. has stopped shipping its latest smart phone to Europe because the devices don't comply with new European Union regulations that limit the acceptable amount of hazardous substances in electronics goods.
A group of researchers at the University of Cambridge claims to have found a way to circumvent China's Internet content controls, but some doubt whether their findings really offer a breakthrough.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA