Red Hat is bringing Sun Microsystems' Solaris operating system into the Red Hat Network, the company said Tuesday as it launched the latest update to its flagship Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system at the LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in Boston...
You might think that you know how to protect yourself from phishing: Don't click the links in e-mail that purports to be from banks or other institutions. But that defense is no longer ironclad: Phishers have found a new way to snare data without you...
The PC World Test Center staff have discovered two bugs involving Windows XP's Service Pack 2. One can reduce the write speed of many dual-layer DVD drives. The other can decrease the battery life on some Acer laptops by an hour.
People who have been using older versions of Quicken to download their financial data from banks and brokerages will lose this time-saving functionality, says the publisher of the popular personal finance package -- unless they upgrade to Quicken 200...
Worldwide PC shipments will slow in 2005 as the latest replacement cycle winds down, but will still post a 9 percent increase over last year, Gartner said Tuesday.
A six-year court battle that saw one of the world's biggest storage companies accused of knowingly selling millions of dollars worth of faulty product and led to possibly the biggest recall in history has been settled for US$21 million.
Microsoft by midyear plans to release a test version of a new Internet Explorer (IE) browser that better protects users from scams and malicious code while surfing the Web, the company announced Tuesday.
iiNet on Tuesday announced it has bought OzEmail's consumer Internet business from MCI in a deal valued at $110 million. This will see it become the nation's third largest ISP behind Telstra and Optus.
IAnywhere Solutions is releasing a suite of middleware products designed to help companies build networks for collecting and managing data from RFID (radio frequency identification) devices, the company said Monday.
Microsoft fleshed out its mobile software strategy on Monday, targeting original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with a mobile software platform, telecom operators with applications for managing the delivery of converged services, and, of course, consu...
Ihug has sold its broadband satellite service to an Australian company, closing one of the longest chapters in New Zealand broadband history.
Nokia announced a partnership with Microsoft to deliver music and e-mail to users of its mobile phones, but ruled out the possibility of building Microsoft's operating system software into its products.
Motorola unveiled on Monday a range of new handsets and announced an agreement with Skype Technology, the Internet phone service provider.
Novell this week is expected to launch a software-based security appliance for small and midsized businesses that will protect them from threats such as hackers, viruses, worms, spam and intrusions.
To make it easier to identify and react to new scam Web sites, Microsoft, eBay and Visa International are launching a program to share information about online identity theft scams known as "phishing attacks," they said Monday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The US Navy is 3D-printing custom drones on its ships
- Deep-dive review: Windows 10 - worth the wait
- Adobe's new Digital Publishing suite puts the focus on mobile content
- Facebook revenue surges 39 per cent but costs also soar
- IBM aims new IoT community site at developers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW