Trend Micro introduced an updated version of its client-server messaging security software package for small-to-midsize business, adding antispyware protection for the desktop.
European businesses are being urged to fight against the imposition of a Microsoft-led standard that, it is claimed, will cripple competition and lead to increased costs for business.
The annual Demo 2007 conference in Palm Desert, California, this week will lay bare for an audience of venture capitalists the results of thousands of hours of blood, sweat, and tears on the part of hardware and software engineers.
Seagate Technology and Motorola have invested in the portable storage market, hoping to meet a rising need by users of cell phones and smartphones to carry gigabytes of digital photos and music in their pockets.
Devicescape Software says it has a solution for the problem of using Wi-Fi hot spots with devices that don't have browsers.
The annual IBM Internet Security Systems security trends report published Tuesday shows 7,427 software bugs were cataloged last year, an increase of 39.5 percent over the number of vulnerabilities identified in 2005.
More than two years after a security researcher first called attention to Sony BMG's use of a stealth program to enforce digital rights management on its music CDs, the company reached a deal with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the incident, ...
Unfazed by Telstra's high-profile national Next G mobile network, competing carrier Optus has announced plans to build a nationwide 3G network to cover 95 percent of the population.
More than five years after its predecessor Windows XP was born, Microsoft has unleashed what it sees as its biggest product launch since Windows 95 with the mass market release of the much-anticipated Windows Vista and the 2007 Office System.
Just as Windows 95 ushered in the Internet era, Windows Vista, which will be released to U.S. consumers at midnight on Tuesday, sets the stage for the multimedia hub the PC is set to become in the future, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said Monday in ...
Symantec released on Monday a broad suite of software aimed at managing content ranging from e-mail to instant messages plus a new version of its Enterprise Vault archiving product.
When it comes to graphics, Microsoft's new operating system may earn its name. Vista promises plenty of great views with upgrades for richly detailed games, as well as better-looking and more-useful desktop apps.
Microsoft Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Steve Ballmer on Monday attempted to end rumors that Windows Vista will be the last Windows client OS, claiming that Microsoft has "plenty more where that came from" at a press event to mark the consumer launch...
IBM and Intel accelerated their horse race in semiconductors when each unveiled at the same time on Saturday similar chip-manufacturing advances.
From virtual real estate to escort services and casinos, the virtual economy of Second Life is booming and now as the community grows to over 2.6 million registered accounts, more and more real life businesses are setting up shop and finding their fe...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW