On Wednesday, Microsoft released details of a study it commissioned that found that total cost of ownership for Windows Vista on mobile PCs is US$605 less annually than Windows XP.
Facebook is changing its social networking site to make the names and profiles of its members available to nonmembers and eventually accessible through search-engine listings.
Amid statements made formerly by Nintendo that a revised Wii is a possibility, Nintendo vice president of marketing George Harrison reiterated in an interview published on Monday that an upgraded Wii could come, though not for a while.
The Wii outsold the PlayStation 3 by a factor of three to one in August, but its overwhelming lead narrowed for the second consecutive month according to Reuters.
Motor giant BMW will migrate about a third of its fleet of proprietary Unix servers to commodity Intel machines with Linux and Windows to take on the workloads.
The Australian telecoms market will grow a paltry 2.8 percent in the 2008 financial year to $36.3 billion driven largely by broadband and data services
Buffalo Technology has announced a range of portable hard drives using a new technology claimed to significantly boost performance compared to ordinary USB 2.0 products.
Sun has agreed to resell Diligent's de-duplication and virtual tape library software despite currently selling rival FalconStor's virtual tape library.
Contract negotiations between Apple and NBC Universal regarding video content in iTunes are getting nastier and staying public.
A new hard drive from Japanese company DTS has added 1GB of DRAM cache to a 2.5-inch serial ATA disk.
Via Technologies has launched a new PC motherboard to help OEMs build PCs meeting the US Energy Star requirements.
Pfizer appears to be having an especially hard time of late keeping its employee data secure.
Intel plans to unveil a version of its Xeon processor that's designed for high-end servers with multiple processors -- setting the stage for a showdown with rival Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming quad-core Barcelona chip.
Analyst firms Gartner and IDC both released reports on the Asia Pacific server market this week but with different results.
Automation software maker Dunes Technologies this week announced it would release two virtual appliances designed to help small-to-midsize business manage virtualization in their environments.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- TPSharePoint SpecialistVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW