Tagging babies with radio frequency identification (RFID) chips has gained traction in the Western Australian healthcare system with strong interest in an industry-leading trial.
NEC Electronics has developed a chip set that will help pave the way towards DVD+/-R drives capable of 16X speed writing.
New legislation introduced late Tuesday by a group of powerful U.S. senators would allow artists and entertainment companies to sue creators of products, such as peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software, that "induce" copyright violations.
The domino effect Google started in April when it announced plans for a free e-mail service with 1G-byte of in-box storage continued Wednesday, when Microsoft promised to boost Hotmail in-boxes to 250M bytes from the current 2M bytes.
Infineon Technologies and IBM have demonstrated a prototype 16M-bit MRAM (magnetic RAM) chip, bringing the power-saving technology one step closer to commercial availability, the companies said on Tuesday.
Seagate Technology LLC has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against storage vendor Cornice Inc., alleging that Cornice's 1-inch Storage Element mini hard drives violate six of Seagate's patents.
As expected, Intel has rounded out its lineup of Pentium M processors, based on the 90-nanometer Dothan core, with two slower chips.
Microsoft has a patent on a new kind of network: Your body.
FileSphere hopes again to “knock Microsoft’s socks off” when it launches it’s Enterprise .NET management solution later this year.
In-flight broadband Internet access was launched in Asia on Tuesday with the take-off of Lufthansa flight 715 from Tokyo to Munich.
Competition in the telecommunications industry has not developed to the extent expected when the industry was substantially deregulated in 1997, according to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's annual report.
ASX listed software developer, Midware, has created a new subsidiary, Rapid Web Solutions (RWS), to manage and promote its Rapid Web Publisher content management software. The company is also reviewing its reseller strategy with the aim of creating n...
Digital media company Loudeye will acquire On Demand Distribution (OD2), Europe's largest online distributor of music, for at least US$38.2 million, the companies announced Tuesday.
An industry organization representing heavyweight e-mail providers Yahoo, Microsoft, America Online and EarthLink released recommendations for ending unsolicited commercial ("spam") e-mail, according to a statement by the group.
Small town Australia may feel perennially hard done by by big city folk, but they certainly seem to know a thing or two about capturing the hearts and wallets of the passing wireless-enabled road warrior set - give them a hot spot.
There's never been a better time for a business to refresh its devices. Intel offers a range of business solutions, from Servers to SSD, but also 2 in 1 products and also the NUC unit which is set to revolutionise your desktop. Click here to read more information on these products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 2 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 4 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
- 5 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Pebble Time smartwatch to begin shipping on May 27
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSenior Sales Executive X 3 World Leading Music Streaming PlatformNSW
- FTApplication Security SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW