ClearContext has released a new version of its Outlook e-mail management tool with improvements that it claimed can save users an hour or more each day on e-mail.
Alert Logic has announced the Alert Logic Log Manager, a service for automating the collection, review, analysis and archiving of network and server resources through an appliance on the customer's premises that captures log data.
F5 Networks has fully integrated its Web application firewall with the operating system for its Big-IP Layer 4-7 switch, boosting the performance of the firewall.
Security software maker Trend Micro maintains that enterprises are already shopping for integrated packages of anti-malware and encryption tools for use in smartphones and other mobile devices.
Ubuntu Linux has been taking a kicking this week in the crazed, hedonistic world of online forums. It appears that using Ubuntu on a laptop could kill its hard drive.
Nokia last week launched the Nokia Music Store download service in the UK. Vodafone also unleashed its own music store - but it's banking on streaming rather than downloading to topple Apple's iTunes and iPhone.
While Google may be pitching its new mobile software platform as a way to unify the mobile market, even members of the new alliance think differently.
A Cambridge University team has come up with a novel way for computing devices to defend themselves against attack or malfunction of neighbors -- let them commit digital suicide.
Red Hat has signed on to participate in Sun Microsystems' open-source Java Standard Edition (SE) project, OpenJDK, and to coordinate its own Java development efforts for Linux with the project.
Apple has released an update to its QuickTime media player, fixing a number of critical security bugs in the software.
A robot racing team from Carnegie Mellon University beat out a rival from Stanford University over the weekend to win DARPA's Urban Challenge, a 60-mile race involving self-guided vehicles that were judged on both time and how well they performed.
The House Committee on the Judiciary last week apologized to would-be government whistle-blowers for accidentally exposing their e-mail addresses to other individuals who, like them, had used a committee Web site to secretly submit tips about alleged...
Google's announcement on Monday of a mobile development platform that could radically alter the wireless market is yet another example of the lengths the company will go to keep its advertising business growing at a jaw-dropping rate.
IBM is falling behind competitors EMC, Microsoft and Oracle in Web content management capabilities, analyst firm CMS Watch argues in a new report.
Hewlett-Packard began taking preorders for its MediaSmart Server, the first system from a major manufacturer powered by Microsoft's Windows Home Server (WHS) software.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW