Microsoft will release the next beta of Windows Vista in April, according to a popular blog that follows the company.
Google plans to launch a search service aimed at Chinese users this week that will block results deemed sensitive to Beijing, a decision the company struggled with before deciding its better to provide some service rather than none at all.
Sony has decided to end production in Japan of the Walkman portable music player, it said Wednesday.
Voice-over-IP applications could be used to cloak networks of zombies, used to launch denial of service attacks, a professor at the U.K.'s Cambridge University has warned.
Some Web users are reporting seeing a reformatted Google results page that has the links to specialized search pages listed in the left-hand column instead of placed horizontally across the top of the search box.
Microsoft and the Washington state attorney general have filed lawsuits against antispyware software vendor Secure Computer, alleging that the New York company's Spyware Cleaner software not only fails to remove spyware as advertised, but makes chang...
Struggling Japanese electronics maker Sanyo Electric will give up some management control to a group of outside investors under a plan unveiled late Wednesday.
Creative Technology, one of the world's largest makers of MP3 music players, on Thursday reported its revenue rose during the three months ended Dec. 31, but net profit declined amid stiff competition.
Sony reported some of its strongest quarterly earnings in several years on Thursday and upgraded its forecast for the full year. Both sales and net profits jumped to all-time highs, helped by good news from product sectors that had been problematic.
Shipments of LCD (liquid crystal display) televisions overtook those of CRT (cathode ray tube) sets in Japan in 2005 for the first time, an industry organization said Thursday.
Sharp plans to increase the number of models in its LCD (liquid crystal display) television range offering full high-definition resolution, it said Thursday. In doing so the company hopes to become more competitive in one of the fastest growing parts...
A new range of Wireless boosters promises to break down some traditional networking barriers, without having to invest in new enhanced MIMO routers.
Microsoft has reported the highest quarterly revenue in company history for its fiscal 2006 second quarter on the strength of its Windows OS and a series of highly anticipated product releases. Still, the company fell slightly shy of analysts' revenu...
Microsoft this week introduced enhancements to its Windows Live portal (<a href="http://live.com">http://live.com</a>), the entry point for users to access its Web-based services.
Microsoft has launched new MSN research labs aimed at rapidly developing and deploying Internet technologies. The efforts are part of the software company's strategy to be more agile in its creation of Web-based services to compete with rivals such a...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia