Sony is expanding its line-up of high-definition camcorders to quickly transition its Japanese sales from standard-definition to HD, the company said Wednesday.
German chip maker Infineon Technologies has designed a core transceiver for a new generation of system-on-chip semiconductors that will allow consumer electronic devices, such as mobile phones and PCs, to send or receive data at high speeds over the ...
Despite the criticism leveled at Microsoft after the recent rollout -- and rollback -- of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), experts say that effort was just the first phase in the company's latest antipiracy effort, dubbed the Genuine Software Initiat...
Microsoft will commit to following the principles of its 2002 antitrust settlement with the U.S. government beyond its end in late 2007, and in some cases, the company will expand upon those requirements, a Microsoft executive said Wednesday.
Yahoo's second-quarter revenue fell short of Wall Street's expectations but the company met the analysts' earnings per share consensus forecast.
Sony will begin selling an after-market Blu-ray Disc drive next month that can be added to existing desktop computers.
Microsoft is evaluating whether to include a new tool for building ASP.Net 2.0-based Web sites in the next major version of Visual Studio, a company representative said on Tuesday.
Watch what you say about your computer: It's getting better at understanding your voice.
Earlier this year Panasonic and Toshiba announced 4GB SDHC cards (SDHC -- Secure Digital High Capacity -- being the next generation of SD flash memory), both of which will be available in the coming months.
Asset and maintenance management software developer, Mainpac, has been named a Microsoft Gold Certified partner in the category of independent software vendor (ISV).
A U.S. judge has ruled that a US$306.9 million damage award to Rambus is unjustifiably high and said that Rambus can either accept a reduced $133.5 million award or go to trial again.
A well-known security researcher has released code that can be used to mine Google's database for malicious software.
Despite a pledge to the contrary made 16 months ago, Google is still returning links to Agence France Presse (AFP) articles in its Google News Web site.
One of the central players in the advertising software field, Zango is trying to be the leopard that changed its spots. Despite the adware company's efforts to improve its reputation, it is still drawing fresh accusations of dubious business practice...
Hackers are taking a page from the open-source playbook, using the same techniques that made Linux and Apache successes to improve their malicious software, according to McAfee.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Manual)NSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW