The Mozilla Foundation, maker of the Firefox Web browser and Thunderbird e-mail application, is offering a US$500 bounty to users who identify and report bugs found in its open-source software.
It is officially the year of the virus, with a 21 percent increase in new viruses discovered in Australia in the first six months of 2004 compared to the last year.
Many of the most popular models of Bluetooth-enabled cell phones can be hacked easily, enabling a malicious hacker to steal phone books, images, calendar information, or virtually anything else stored on the phone, say a pair of security experts.
Demand for memory and wireless communications chips drove a 40 percent increase in global semiconductor sales in June, the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) said Monday.
In a sign that Google is moving closer to launching its much-anticipated initial public offering (IPO), the search giant opened a Web site on Friday where investors can register to bid for the company's shares.
IBM believes its new eFuse technology brings the company one step closer to autonomic computing by allowing chips to sense their own flaws and reconfigure themselves without outside intervention, the company announced Friday.
Microsoft plans to deliver a new version of its popular MSN Messenger client by mid-2005 that will let users create a more customized instant messaging (IM) experience, the company said last week.
Viruses that target handhelds can be even more dangerous than their cousins that attack PCs, spawning self-replicating programs that hide easily, a security researcher told an audience of security professionals at the Black Hat Briefings conference i...
The quickening pace of innovations in flat-panel display technology will make possible the development of flexible displays sooner rather than later, but users will still have to wait for nearly a decade before large, full-color flexible displays bec...
Microsoft is currently alpha-testing its upcoming antivirus product, according to industry sources Computerworld has spoken to.
Just days after an internal memo from Intel CEO Craig Barrett was published calling the company's recent manufacturing problems "not acceptable," a bug has emerged with the chipset developed for Intel's latest Xeon servers, which are scheduled to be ...
Microsoft on Friday released an out-of-cycle patch to fix three critical and previously disclosed holes in Internet Explorer. The company also released an updated version of a software tool for cleaning out the prolific Mydoom virus and its variants...
The increasingly rancorous feud between Apple Computer and RealNetworks over technology that lets tunes from the RealPlayer Music Store play on the market-leading iPod is refueling controversy about Apple's business model, copyright law and the impac...
Along with Battlefield Vietnam, Nam-themed games seem to be all the rage.
A lackluster movie and terrible PlayStation 2 title haven't deterred Eidos from moving forward with Lara Croft.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus mini-PCs pack Skylake chips, 4K video capabilities
- Microsoft teases HP, Dell, Toshiba notebooks and tablets running Windows 10
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, June 3
- Security startup finds stolen data on the 'Dark Web'
- Microsoft isn't giving up on basic phones, upgrades the Nokia 105
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW