British mountain climber Rod Baber reached the summit of Mount Everest early Monday, local time, where he made the world's highest land-based cellular phone call and sent a text message.
MySpace will provide attorneys general offices in all U.S. states with information it has gathered on convicted sex offenders who have used its social networking site, the most popular of its kind.
Office 2007 users running Windows Vista may not have realized that their systems had not received several of this month's patches, Microsoft said last week when it acknowledged that its security update services had failed to deploy the fixes.
Yahoo is interested in purchasing Bebo to strengthen its disappointing social networking standing, the British newspaper The Sunday Telegraph has reported.
IBM Monday officially announced its Power6 chip, saying that the next-generation microprocessor for its Unix and Linux systems offers double the performance of the earlier Power5+ device while consuming roughly the same amount of electricity.
Technology is advancing so fast that consumers now live in a somewhat disturbing age where their underwear can track their movements and let others know what they are doing.
A Microsoft executive says the company had to drop some features slated for Windows Server Virtualization because it may have "shot too high" in designing the first version of the software, but the company is still convinced it will gain broad indust...
Symantec has announced the release of a new backup and recovery product that aims to equip small to medium businesses (SMBs) with the means to quickly and easily recover lost data.
Dell is planning to sell its first convertible tablet PC later this year.
A common e-crime reporting format to electronically report fraudulent activities will be fully operational by July, 2007.
Ivan Krstic, co-author of the bestselling The Official Ubuntu Book, delivered a scathing keynote at AusCERT 2007 today claiming the tech industry has failed to address securing IT and that far too much still rests in the hands of un-informed end-user...
Dell is moving forward with plans to begin selling PCs through solution providers, channel partners and retail partners, instead of sticking with the pure direct sales model championed by company founder, Michael Dell.
Although browsers are notoriously juicy targets for hackers, Apple's QuickTime is actually three times more likely to pose a threat than Internet Explorer 6 -- and six times more likely to be a threat than Firefox, Danish vulnerability tracker Secuni...
Microsoft last week laid out its road map for various versions of Longhorn over the next two years, including the elimination of 32-bit versions, and christened the new operating system Windows Server 2008.
Yet another month-long round of daily bugs cranks up June 1, a Ukrainian researcher announced Thursday. This time, the target will be search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask.com.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
- The Yahoo hackers weren't state-sponsored, a security firm says
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA