EEye Digital Security this week shipped its host-based Blink Professional 3.0 software, which combines antivirus, intrusion prevention, firewall and scanner functions. The multipurpose software will be on display in the exhibit hall at next week's RS...
Samsung Electronics Co. held onto its title as the world's largest producer of DRAM (dynamic RAM) memory chips in 2006 despite a late charge by Hynix Semiconductor, according to a study released Thursday.
Lenovo Group Thursday reported a jump in third-quarter profits, even as its turnover during the period remained flat compared to one year ago.
Microsoft has introduced a new product combining the Whale Communications virtual private networking (VPN) software it bought last year with the latest version of its Internet Security and Acceleration Server (ISA Server), the company said Wednesday.
Apple and Cisco Systems have pushed back a deadline in their legal battle over the iPhone in order to keep working toward a settlement.
Tagging, the emblematic activity of the "Web 2.0" and social computing era, appears destined for mainstream status, a new study concludes.
IBM's research achievements are legendary: the hard drive; DRAM; the relational database; DES data encryption; Deep Blue, the chess-playing supercomputer, and Blue Gene, its DNA-simulating descendant; and two Nobel Prizes. It also holds the most pate...
ProMOS Technologies may raise its capital spending plans for 2007 to meet brisk demand for DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips caused by the launch of Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS.
The GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) family of technologies will continue to dominate the mobile infrastructure business over the next five years, a research company said Wednesday.
The stereotypical pasty and pimply-faced teenaged gamer may be in for a rude shock after the latest research findings from the Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia (IEAA) suggests the average Australian video game player is actually 28 ...
A Microsoft executive who helped develop the company's new Zune music player and other products is leaving the company.
Two and a half years after handing the chief executive title to his hand-picked successor, Kevin Rollins, Michael Dell is again running the company he founded, Dell.
How many times have you had a song stuck in your head but couldn't figure out what it was -- or why it got suck there in the first place?
Japan's Turbolinux will begin selling its Wizpy Linux-based multimedia player in February. As a bonus, the device can also be used to boot a PC into the Linux OS, allowing users to access their files in their own working environment on almost any PC.
If your reaction to all of this week's hype swirling around the launch of Windows Vista is less "Wow!" and more "Whoa! Enough already!" then 2007 could be a long year.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW