Microsoft last week added another component to its toolbox of free testing software designed to make it easier for developers to create software compatible with the upcoming Windows Server 2008.
The Web and AJAX have many deficiencies, including security holes, and much more needs to be done to iron out these problems, according to a keynote speaker at The Rich Web Experience conference in San Jose.
Merger and acquisition news from companies as diverse as Yahoo Inc., Cognos Inc., and MetroPCS Communications Inc. heated up IT investor interest this week, shoring up confidence in the sector even as credit-market concerns continued to buffet the st...
Coghead, an early pioneer in the creation of a Web 2.0 application development platform, announced a deal on Thursday with British Telecom (BT) that will give Coghead developers access to BT's telephony services and, by extension, its 1 million custo...
Five years after being pegged a monopolist, Microsoft is coming under scrutiny for efforts to license its proprietary technology in accordance with antitrust legal demands from U.S. and European regulators.
NSW-based audio-visual importer Image Design Technology (IDT) has been named the exclusive distributor for HaiVision video-over IP boxes in Australia and New Zealand.
Cassatt has unveiled technology that allows data center managers to automatically switch off idling servers, a move which the company claims can halve electricity costs in a data center.
Retooling its backup and recovery processes to keep pace with the fast track growth of virtualized server environments, EMC on Thursday introduced the Avamar Virtual Edition for VMware and pre-packaged EMC Avamar Data Storage System offerings.
As a researcher at the University of California, Berkeley, in the early 1970s, Michael Stonebraker co-created the Ingres and Postgres technology that underlies many leading relational databases today: Microsoft's SQL Server, Sybase's Adaptive Server ...
IBM is launching an x86-based rack-mounted server with an embedded virtualization hypervisor built-in -- probably based on an as-yet unannounced product from VMware.
Nokia added a new appliance to its network security range that has more processing muscle -- the first product to come out of its collaboration with Intel.
A hands-on look at some of the distinctive features of the iPod Nano and iPod Touch.
Cisco Systems executives hinted at major changes in the company's consumer strategy on Wednesday even as they voiced optimism about networking and the world economy.
Spammers have set a new benchmark for mockery, hijacking PCs inside drug giant Pfizer to send out adverts for the company's most famous product, Viagra, it has been claimed.
Wikipedia's English site is blocked again in China, after over two months of being accessible, continuing a saga of on-again, off-again availability.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- D-Wave's $15 million quantum computer runs a staggering 2,000 qubits
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
- How to create Live Tiles for your Steam games in Windows
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC