Samsung Electronics has developed what it claims is the thinnest LCD (liquid crystal display) panel, just the thickness of a credit card, designed for use in mobile phones.
Santa Claus may take online orders this year, but the Grinches will also be on the Internet.
A long-simmering debate in Germany about banning violent computer games is burning again after an aloof teenager on Monday stormed his former high school, shot five people and later killed himself.
Industry observers are nodding in agreement at a scathing internal memo that calls for a major reorganization of Yahoo at a time when many say the web portal has lost its edge and trails competitors large and small alike.
Alcatel has accused Microsoft of infringing seven of its U.S. patents. The patents describe how to implement fast-forward and rewind functions in digital video streams, among other things.
How would you like your computer to run 18 billion, billion times faster?
Microsoft has no plans to add a controversial Windows Vista antipiracy feature directly to its Office 2007 suite, but will consider offering it as an add-on system, the company said Tuesday.
McAfee has been forced to backtrack on claims that one of its products was misrepresented in a test of anti-phishing toolbars.
The answer to this question has apparently become relevant in a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union against the U.S. government over the long-dormant Children's Online Protection Act.
A new study of antiphishing toolbars has come to a stark conclusion about their effectiveness -- none of them are any good.
Toshiba plans to start selling in January next year an 8G-byte high-speed SD (Secure Digital) memory card.
Victorian water and sewerage utility South East Water Limited (SEWL) has completed a pilot project of Microsoft's Office 2007 server technologies to improve collaboration and eliminate manual processes.
Palm launched last month its second Treo smartphone running the Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system, dubbed Treo 700wx, and industry observers say this new product could cause traditional enterprise Palm OS users to jump ship to Microsoft's more fami...
A cursory inspection of the lifejackets stashed under commercial airline seats could add as much as 30 minutes to an aircraft's time on the ground.
What's in a [domain] name? Probably a few million dollars if you've bothered to register a highly bankable one.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD