What do whale-feces researchers, hazmat divers and employees of Microsoft's Security Response Center have in common? They all made Popular Science magazine's 2007 <a href="http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/0203101256a23110vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd....
When Apple launches the iPhone in the US on Friday, it is set to get a jump on its competitors and spark a flurry of new phone designs, regardless of how well the device actually sells.
Spammers and scammers know how to work the mind games that make even the most sophisticated and skeptical computer users fall for their tricks, a researcher said in a just-released report.
German chipmaker, Infineon Technologies, has agreed to buy Texas Instruments' DSL Customer Premises Equipment, the companies said. They did not disclose the value of the deal or answer other questions, such as possible layoffs or how the new business...
A new Internet application launched Tuesday allows Australian broadband users to video chat with one another for free.
Motorola on Monday announced a new version of the wireless messaging product it obtained in its recent acquisition of Good Technology.
Google has escalated its antitrust battle with Microsoft by questioning its rival's promised changes to Windows Vista search and asking a US federal judge to extend oversight to make sure Microsoft follows through.
Sophos last week announced a version of its endpoint antivirus software that adds new threat-protection and administration features.
The Wi-Fi Alliance has launched the action phase of its plan to get faster wireless networking products into the market, kicking off certification testing of gear based on a draft version of the IEEE 802.11n standard.
The diminutive 8-inch-square and 1-inch-high Apple TV works a like a charm and is a cinch to set up. Just plug everything in, note the five-digit code that it displays on the TV screen, and enter that number into iTunes on your computer. Things get a...
Seagate jumps into the 1 terabyte hard drive fray with its Barracuda 7200.11, announced Monday and due to ship in the third quarter of 2007. The company is second-to-market with a single drive that pakcs 1TB of storage; rival Hitachi came out in the ...
Seagate is a launching a pair of 1TB capacity disks with advanced power-saving technology. This could save up to a quarter of the power consumed by normal drives. It has also announced a ruggedized 2.5-inch drive holding 80G bytes. Hitachi was first ...
More than a month after Symantec knocked out 50,000 Chinese PCs with a bad software update, the company is ready to offer compensation. But Chinese users eligible for the offer have to act fast; it's only good for a couple of weeks.
A chipset promising to allow users to send high definition (HD) video wirelessly throughout the home faces hurdles in the market due to competing technology standards, market researcher Gartner said Monday.
Samsung Electronics has begun producing a flash memory-based solid-state disk drive for mobile computing applications.
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerQLD
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW