Free software campaigner Richard Stallman said French youth should protest against a draft law on copyright that will be voted on Friday.
Kaspersky Lab has released important details of the inner workings of the nasty Gpcode.ag "ransom" Trojan that appeared in early June.
Responding to pressure from irked Windows users, Microsoft on Tuesday released an updated version of its antipiracy program that changes the frequency with which the program checks for pirated or counterfeit copies of its client operating system.
A Sun Microsystems executive said Tuesday said the company is "months" away from releasing its trademark Java programming language under an open-source license.
In an unprecedented move, Microsoft is allowing users to test the next version of Office online without having to download software.
Optus and the Macquarie Radio Network (MRN) have announced an agreement to offer radio on demand services to more than six million Optus mobile customers.
Nearly one-fifth of all notebook PCs will break down over their lifetime, needing a new hardware component to fix the failure, a study reveals.
In another blow to the supremacy of Microsoft's Office franchise, Belgium on Friday became the second governmental body to approve the use of the OpenDocument format as a way to exchange government documents.
The airport check-in desk could be where "desktop" Linux usage takes off, according to Unisys's European coordinator of open-source software activities.
Microsoft has found a new home for WinFS, a file system that the company originally planned to include in Windows Vista.
As it seeks to fend off competitive threats from Advanced Micro Devices, chip maker Intel Monday released its dual-core Xeon processor, code-named 'Woodcrest,' the first based on its new Core microarchitecture.
Microsoft is warning users of malicious software that could be used to attack Windows systems that lack the company's latest security updates.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates may never see a more generous donation to the foundation run by he and his wife: a US$30.7 billion pledge from the world's second richest man, famed investor Warren Buffett.
More than three million Australians are now connected to a broadband service, according to the latest Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC) Snapshot of Broadband Deployment Report.
Sony initially targeted July for shipping its Blu-ray Disc player, the US$999 BD-SP1. That date shifted by a few weeks into August, reportedly to coincide with the company's launch of its 1080p. Now, Sony's site is reporting a ship date "on or about ...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW