Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology (TSST) has moved a step closer to commercialization of a Blu-ray Disc drive for personal computers with the completion of technical development work, it said last Thursday.
Japan plans to impose countervailing duties on DRAM (dynamic RAM) computer chips made by Hynix Semiconductor, alleging that low-cost loans from state-controlled banks a few years ago amounted to unfair subsidies for the chip maker, a move similar to ...
Sony is on track to launch its first digital SLR (single-lens reflex) camera in the middle of this year, a company executive said Friday.
Motorola's earnings per share for the fourth quarter 2005 nearly doubled, driven by sales of mobile phones, the company revealed late on Thursday. While some of Motorola's results, such as operating margins on mobile phones, worry investors, the posi...
A German court has ordered the shutdown of the German-language version of Wikipedia, the multilingual open-access encyclopedia available on the Internet, after the family of a deceased hacker filed a lawsuit against Wikimedia Deutschland eV for using...
As hype envelopes Google the company can't seem to avoid begin dragged into one rumor or controversy after another.
Microsoft is planning several major changes to beef up features of Software Assurance, the company's maintenance and upgrade program that has been criticized for its expense and slow follow-up with new products.
With a new conference slated for March, Microsoft will attempt to woo a developer segment that's traditionally been a hard sell -- creative types who build and design multimedia Web applications.
Two decades ago, Brain, the first boot sector virus that infected personal computers via the floppy disk, was detected. While Brain itself was relatively harmless, it marked the genesis of the world of computer viruses.
The news that major search engine operators Yahoo, Microsoft's MSN division and America Online complied with a U.S. government subpoena that Google is resisting has prompted strong reactions from Internet users on both sides of the issue.
Not often thought of as radio stars, Linux developers are now able to steal the limelight thanks to Dapto couple James and Karin Purser who produce the Linux Australia Update and the LUG Roundup podcasts from their lounge room.
Riya, which hosts a photo search service based on face and text recognition, announced Thursday that its service will be available to the public from Feb. 6.
Konica Minolta Photo Imaging has decided to withdraw from the photo business, it said Thursday. The Japanese company plans to exit the film and digital camera markets by March this year and will transfer part of its assets related to digital SLR (sin...
Microsoft has released a JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) driver for SQL Server 2005, providing a way for developers to link their Java applications to Microsoft's latest database software.
The U.S. government is asking a California court to force Google to turn over information about usage of the company's search engine for finding pornography on the Internet.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD