Early users of Outlook 2007, the latest version of Microsoft's market-leading e-mail client, are voicing widespread complaints about the software's sluggish performance.
Nvidia will offer versions GeForce 7 graphics processors that are designed to be used on motherboards as part of a chipset, instead of the add-in graphics cards where the chips are currently available.
Claiming it has forged a new link for consumers who want to connect their TVs and PCs, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) announced Wednesday at Cebit it has designed a mix of technologies that solve the perennial challenge of converging the computer and t...
Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto spoke to an audience at a packed convention room at San Francisco's Game Developers Conference last week.
The IEEE 802.11n Working Group this week approved draft 2.0 of the standard, paving the way for 100+Mbps wireless LAN products as early as the middle of this year.
The latest versions of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) operating system, unveiled Wednesday, offer long-awaited built-in virtualization capabilities from the open-source Xen project.
Apple Tuesday made up for Microsoft's patch sabbatical by releasing a security update that featured fixes for 45 vulnerabilities, a third of which addressed flaws first made public during a pair of bug-a-day projects in late 2006 and early this year....
Figures from UK payments association Apacs show UK online banking fraud increased from £23.2 million (AUD$57.1 million) in 2005 to £33.5 million (AUD$82.4 million) last year.
Microsoft plans to purchase Tellme Networks in an effort to bolster its voice services portfolio and add speech recognition to a broad range of its software and online services, the company said Wednesday.
Microsoft hopes that taking a page out of its old playbook can help the company cut into Google's thus-far insurmountable lead in the search market.
The German IT industry wants lawmakers to focus on copyright and fair competition, but not to regulate other aspects of the Internet.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is working with Nokia to polish the hand-over of voice calls between corporate wireless LANs and public mobile phone networks, a Siemens executive said Wednesday.
Microsoft Wednesday said it filed lawsuits against cybersquatters in the U.S. and the U.K. to stop them from illegally profiting from the misuse of intellectual property and Internet domain names using online ads.
A judge dismissed the criminal case against former Hewlett-Packard Chairman Patricia Dunn on Wednesday.
As Red Hat prepares to launch the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 operating system on Wednesday, the question is again being asked whether a robust and feature-laden operating system is really needed for some computing situations.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA