One of the researchers who went public last month with the first iPhone vulnerability said Monday that Apple's lackadaisical updating of the open-source components it uses in Mac OS X is inexcusable and negligent.
Sun Microsystems hopes its new UltraSparc T2 processor, officially launched Tuesday, will earn it repeat business from existing telecommunications customers and attract new customers looking for a way to make their networks run faster.
Emerging business technologies will fuel the security solutions market to double-digit compound annual growth rate of about $US1.6 billion by 2011, according to IDC.
It's a story of betrayal worthy of an episode of Dateline NBC.
Not only has the multimedia revolution increased our appetite for storage, but it has also beefed up our portions, as average file sizes just keep getting bigger every day.
It had to happen sooner or later, and it has: The identity of Fake Steve Jobs--the proprietor of the hottest, funniest blog in technology--is no longer a well-guarded secret. Fake Steve isn't Andy Ihnatko or Leander Kahney or Harry Shearer or any of ...
PDF spam now accounts for a quarter of all spam, according to the latest research statistics from security vendor Marshal.
E-mail filters have adapted to better cull out PDF mailings, so junk e-mail senders have started changing their tactics.
Hewlett-Packard Friday disputed research published earlier this week that said some of its laser printers may be a health risk to office and home computer users. While it did not directly contest the data gathered by Australian researchers, the U.S.-...
Companies looking to clamp down on data leaks may be introducing a whole new set of security problems to their corporate networks, researchers from Matasano Security said at the Black Hat conference last week.
An executive at Microsoft has an unusual idea for beating spammers. Powerful software tools and supercomputers aren't involved, but kittens are.
Open source browser maker Mozilla has developed a wide array of secure coding analysis tools as part of its internal development process, and now it's beginning to share those programs with the outside world.
A U.S. congressional committee plans to investigate whether or not Yahoo lied during testimony over its role in a human rights case in China that sent journalist Shi Tao to jail for 10 years.
The online collaboration that has made Wikipedia one of the most used sources of information on the Internet is also being used to build a school and offer classes across the online world, and the project is taking off.
Websense has developed a threat detection system designed to spot Web 2.0 attacks soon after they are launched.
Take home a Crucial® MX300 Solid State Drive this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSSIS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- PTProject ManagersACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC