Nearly all the laser printers fingered by researchers for spewing particulate matter into offices and homes are sold by Hewlett-Packard, a study published Wednesday said.
Researchers at Core Security Technologies are to demonstrate an attack that could allow hackers to extract private information from databases -- without requiring any bugs in the database management software.
IBM's Internet Security Systems (ISS) on Wednesday announced a virtual e-mail security appliance that runs alongside other applications on a single piece of hardware, instead of requiring a dedicated device.
As new Web applications such as wikis, blogs and podcasts that foster increased collaboration and communication proliferate, they are bringing new security challenges corporate network managers have to contend with.
The music publishing companies that represent rap artist Eminem have filed a multimillion-dollar suit against Apple Inc. for selling downloads of Eminem's music on iTunes online music service without compensating them. The suit could have ramificatio...
A survey of 195 senior IT professionals found that nearly half, 44 percent, already have decided to implement high-throughput 802.11n wireless LANs. Even more remarkably, nearly one-third of respondents said 11n will replace wired LANs, at least for ...
Nortel has created a new strategy for all-wireless offices it dubs the "Unwired Enterprise," which focuses on OFDM/MIMO coverage, wireless integration and universal mobility across other wireless networks.
Apple Tuesday released a security update for Mac OS X that patched 45 vulnerabilities, including several in the open-source Samba file-sharing code that researchers recently warned still threatened users more than 10 weeks after the discovery of crit...
The WiMax hype machine may be getting ready to crank into life once again, with Intel planning a major campaign around mobile WiMax next year, connected to the launch of networks and hardware supporting the technology.
Some home and office laser printers pose serious health risks and may spew out as much particulate matter as a cigarette smoker inhales, according to a local air quality researcher said.
First there were the iPod Socks (from Apple) and then the iPod trainers (Nike). There has even been a pair of iPod pants (iBoxer), bringing new meaning to the shuffle and mini. Obviously there are a few iPod hats out there, with hidden headphones, fr...
Apple claims that more than three billion songs have been downloaded from its online iTunes Store.
AT&T Inc. made its first foray into over-the-air music downloads in a deal with independent music seller eMusic.com Inc. that excludes iPhone users.
Just when you thought it was safe to go into the laundry room -- where you'd be away from phones that do everything but park your car, because the car does that by itself -- they've gone and done it.
Microsoft Corp. hasn't divulged detailed plans for the next release of its Zune music player, but a company executive last week offered hints that seem to support reports that a flash memory-based Zune and 80-gigabyte device could be in the works.
Take home aCrucial Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 UDIMM valued at $399.95 this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Test Manager (NV1 Clearance)VIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT