Microsoft has taken a big stride toward finalizing Windows Vista by issuing a first release candidate for its next-generation operating system.
The Eclipse Foundation at the EclipseWorld 2006 conference this week plans to tout the progress of open source projects focused on desktop application development, PHP (Hypertext Processor) and embedded Java.
Google plans to enhance its Google News service with a feature designed to let users find articles with historical information on events and people.
Microsoft has released the pricing for Windows Vista, about a week after online retailer, Amazon.com, disclosed the OS's pricing on its website.
Early feedback from testers already using Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) report that the OS is more stable than expected, which bodes well for Microsoft's plan to have Vista out according to its current schedule.
Music lovers hoping to see the latest MP3 music players from SanDisk at the IFA consumer electronics show in Germany will have to find an alternative venue outside the country. SanDisk was forced to remove the MP3 music players after an Italian paten...
Microsoft is using data-mining techniques from a third party in its Internet browsers to guard against "phishing" attacks, where dubious Web sites try to harvest personal information from unknowing victims.
A new, free browser that claims it can safeguard privacy has been hit with accusations that it is really a platform for advertising and -- worse still -- is insecure.
Users looking for the latest and greatest video software may not just be in danger from media lawyers. Security firm Panda Software last week warned that zCodec, which claims to offer "up to 40 percent better (video) quality," is in fact an adware pr...
SanDisk has announced V-Mate, which turns a flash memory device into a portable video recorder.
Two China-based bloggers have found the secret to generating more page views: sex sells, and Google helps readers find it.
Desktop computers have long been the preferred systems of gamers, but that is starting to change thanks to the introduction of more powerful mobile processors and mobile graphics chips.
The trickle of Wi-Fi phones is becoming a flood, with two new products coming from Panasonic and Linksys, but they still look expensive.
Microsoft Tuesday unveiled the details of its sweeping plan to get Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) into the hands of millions of new testers and released final pricing for the operating system.
Hackers continue to poke holes in Microsoft's Office software.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi acquires patents from Microsoft ahead of US entry plans
- Dell's private buyout shortchanged shareholders, court rules
- Atari's going to build IoT devices that talk over a low-power network
- Marketo gets scooped up into the private world for US$1.79 billion
- Kaby Lake starts strong as Intel retools PC strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCDigital Media / Web Content Management- SquizzNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- CCIdentity SpecialistQLD