Attackers armed with an exploit toolkit have launched massive attacks in Europe from a network of at least 10,000 hacked Web sites, with infections spreading worldwide, several security companies warned Monday.
National ICT minister Helen Coonan today launched the $1.9 billion Australia Connected infrastructure initiative to roll-out ADSL 2+ and WiMAX to 99 percent of Australia by 2009.
Google is gathering some of its top executives in Paris this week for an international press conference and speculation is rife that announcements will include a local version of YouTube for European countries.
Pillar Data Systems, the storage vendor funded by Oracle CEO Larry Ellison, is getting ready to bolster its line of features with technology that helps businesses avoid wasting storage space known as thin provisioning.
Continuing repairs to two Russian computers that control water, oxygen and positioning for the International Space Station hit a roadblock today when the computers could not be brought fully back online.
Overclockers waged a battle of ice against fire at Computex in Taipei, pushing the performance limits of Intel's CPUs to 5GHz. The hobbyists, who are becoming an increasingly common sight at IT trade shows, are perfecting the art of pushing processor...
The debate is still on about why Apple decided to develop a version of its Safari browser for Windows.
Attracted by aggressive prices and the launch of Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, consumers purchased more notebooks during the first quarter than expected, pushing IDC to raise its 2007 PC industry forecast.
The most popular Web search engines rarely deliver the same results when identical queries are performed on each site, and the disparity has increased over the past two years, new research has found.
As much as 60 percent of the ink in inkjet cartridges is wasted when printers ask users to throw away half-full cartridges.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
Online consumers in the U.S. have had a million things to complain about. Literally.
Two people operating the Internet business Movies by Mail have been charged with one count of selling obscene material, including movies showing sexual acts with women dressed to look underage, the U.S. Department of Justice announced late Thursday.
Leaders of Microsoft's strategy to make its products more interoperable with competitive technologies said the company still hopes to strike a Linux pact with Red Hat similar to the partnerships it's forged with Linux vendors Novell, Xandros and Lins...
For a technology that's supposed to make computing easier, virtualization is becoming quite complicated.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW