Multinational mobile handset makers may be dabbling with Linux-powered phones for Asia and the US, but the Australian market has been largely ignored, that is until OpenMoko arrives later this year.
IBM plans to eventually offload its enterprise printing systems division to Japanese printer and copier vendor Ricoh. The two companies announced Thursday that they're forming a joint venture company based on the IBM unit which will gradually become ...
Even with all the work Microsoft has put into Vista, some contend the latest Windows product might need help when it comes to day-to-day performance. That's why a Chinese start-up updated its freeware application to optimize the newest desktop operat...
News Corp.'s Fox television division has subpoenaed YouTube regarding programs posted on the video-sharing Web site, YouTube confirmed on Friday.
Internet service provider GoDaddy.com Inc. has come under fire for pulling a popular hacking Web site down this week, allegedly at the request of MySpace.com
The clock is ticking at bankrupt German mobile phone maker BenQ Mobile.
NEC has developed technology that can help prevent spam phone calls to VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) users.
Google has started integrating its popular mapping service with its controversial books search engine, to let people plot on maps references to places they find in books.
Toshiba will begin selling in April NAND flash memory chips capable of holding up to 2G bytes of data, the company said Wednesday.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has put eager PlayStation fans' fears to rest with confirmation that the PlayStation 3 will be launched across Europe and Australia on March 23.
Apple has patched a vulnerability in its QuickTime media player that could give a hacker control over a computer.
On the verge of the release of Windows Vista, Microsoft is already accepting orders for features to go in the OS's first service pack.
Apple Inc. could face legal action by the Norwegian government in March if the U.S. company refuses to unlock its iTunes online music store from its iPod media player.
Scientists claim to be able to attach an image to a photon and retrieve it later.
In a move to generate more buzz -- and bucks -- for its Live mobile phone portal, Vodafone Group is poised to launch a "Web 2.0" service that allows customers to upload and view their own videos.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCSenior Citrix EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW