Microsoft is using the same tactic for its online services that made its Internet Explorer browser ubiquitous among Internet users. With new beta technology, Microsoft is tying its Windows Live services directly to its Windows OS.
A press advocacy group is "dismayed" about Google's decision to block YouTube videos from viewers in Thailand that are considered inappropriate or illegal by that Asian government.
Yahoo continued its pursuit of online ad rivals with a US$300 million purchase of private online advertising firm BlueLithium, the Internet giant announced Wednesday.
XenSource -- which Citrix Systems is in the process of acquiring -- Wednesday announced a version of its open source Xen virtualization hypervisor that original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) can embed in their servers and other devices.
China Tuesday denied allegations that its military hacked a Pentagon network in June -- the second time in as many weeks that the country has responded to charges of sponsoring computer attacks.
On Wednesday, Microsoft released details of a study it commissioned that found that total cost of ownership for Windows Vista on mobile PCs is US$605 less annually than Windows XP.
Facebook is changing its social networking site to make the names and profiles of its members available to nonmembers and eventually accessible through search-engine listings.
Amid statements made formerly by Nintendo that a revised Wii is a possibility, Nintendo vice president of marketing George Harrison reiterated in an interview published on Monday that an upgraded Wii could come, though not for a while.
The Wii outsold the PlayStation 3 by a factor of three to one in August, but its overwhelming lead narrowed for the second consecutive month according to Reuters.
Motor giant BMW will migrate about a third of its fleet of proprietary Unix servers to commodity Intel machines with Linux and Windows to take on the workloads.
The Australian telecoms market will grow a paltry 2.8 percent in the 2008 financial year to $36.3 billion driven largely by broadband and data services
Buffalo Technology has announced a range of portable hard drives using a new technology claimed to significantly boost performance compared to ordinary USB 2.0 products.
Sun has agreed to resell Diligent's de-duplication and virtual tape library software despite currently selling rival FalconStor's virtual tape library.
Contract negotiations between Apple and NBC Universal regarding video content in iTunes are getting nastier and staying public.
A new hard drive from Japanese company DTS has added 1GB of DRAM cache to a 2.5-inch serial ATA disk.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA