A war of words has broken out between the U.K. Government and the House of Lords Science and Technology Committee over a report in August that heavily criticized official inaction over Internet security.
The Bluetooth community has decided to make a fast version of Bluetooth running over the Wi-Fi protocol, because handset makers and operators are increasingly frustrated by the wait for ultra-wideband (UWB) to finally appear in handsets.
Think of it as the server equivalent of looking your best in custom-tailored clothes: Some of the large server users, such as Ask.com, are now buying customized, industry-standard servers built around the specific needs of their applications. In doin...
Consumers fed up with having their online activities surreptitiously tracked, recorded and profiled by online marketers and advertising networks have a new ally.
AOL said it will allow users to opt out of online ads that are targeted to them based on their Web surfing habits.
Western Digital this week announced that it has begun shipping its new WD Scorpio 2.5-in. SATA hard drive to computer manufacturers.
HP rolled out a set of services this week to help SAP users modernize and manage ERP systems.
After facing delisting on Nasdaq multiple times for failing to file earnings reports with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on time, Dell announced this week it is fully compliant with the stock exchange's listing requirements.
There was a time when vendors billed VOIP primarily as a money-saver. But according to some companies attending this week's VON Fall 2007 conference, VOIP's ability to mash up voice with other data applications could be its biggest asset for business...
Cisco this week announced an agreement to acquire Securent, a provider of policy management software for enterprises, for US$100 million. Securent is privately held and based in California. The company's distributed policy platform lets enterprises a...
Microsoft has pulled SharePoint Services 3.0 out of the upcoming Windows Server 2008 release and will revert to offering it as a separate download as was done in the past.The software will continue to be a free download, but users will have to instal...
Open source may have taken another step in becoming a considerable alternative to the old guard for enterprise routing.
Micron Technology has announced the industry's first 2Gbit double data rate (DDR) 3 memory chips and has begun sampling them to customers.
Apple is to allow its new Leopard server OS to run in a virtual machine, the first time the company has ever changed its decades-old policy of 'one machine, one OS'.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW