New mobile phone ticketing technology could soon push paper-based tickets to the sidelines in many European soccer stadiums, ski resorts, trade shows and other large venues, according to an industry executive.
Germany's national soccer team may not be the most tech-savvy in the world, according to its manager, but things could improve with the introduction of a Web-connected bus to get them to and from matches.
Microsoft's plan to release a third service pack for Windows XP later than expected should not have much effect on sales of Windows Vista, the company's upcoming desktop upgrade, according to a market analyst.
Google and the J. Craig Venter Institute are playing down highly publicized reports of a collaboration reported in a recently published book.
Users of Windows laptops with Wi-Fi capabilities may be opening their hard drives up to snoopers, according to a security researcher.
Microsoft has released an update to its software for call centers that adds new functionality for customers to interact with customer-care agents, according to the company.
A new keylogging trojan is racing around the world affecting thousands of new machines a day, warns security vendor PC Tools.
Leaving the house with a digital camera, a mobile phone and an MP3 player may make you feel tech-hip and savy, but head of the digital music site mp3.com believes that belongs in the past, and the future lies with 3G phones.
Intel revenue came in below the company's own updated forecast for its 2005 fiscal fourth quarter, due to desktop processor unit shipments that were lower than expected, the company said Tuesday.
Google has finished making its Google Talk instant messaging service fully interoperable with IM networks that support the XMPP protocol, the company announced Tuesday.
Following speculation that a widely publicized vulnerability in Microsoft Windows operating system may have been created deliberately, an executive within Microsoft's security group has published a detailed explanation (http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/...
The Free Software Foundation (FSF) on Monday released a draft version (http://gplv3.fsf.org/draft) of its new GPL (GNU General Public License) version 3 software license designed to address two increasingly important issues in the software industry: ...
Future mobile phones that come with Opera Mobile browsers should get a speed boost thanks to a partnership announced Tuesday between Opera Software and Bytemobile.
BenQ Mobile GmbH & Co. OHG, the mobile handset unit of Taiwanese electronics maker BenQ, unveiled its first three handsets to bear the new BenQ-Siemens brand on Tuesday at events held simultaneously in Beijing and Berlin.
Motorola plans to expand its range of digital television set-top boxes (STBs) with the acquisition of a Swedish specialist in IPTV (Internet Protocol television) equipment for an undisclosed sum.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTWintel EngineerACT