Symantec has unveiled a free beta of Norton AntiBot, a behavioral-based real-time defender meant to catch the kind of threats traditional antivirus products miss.
McAfee plans to deliver more scalable versions of its email and Web security appliances, designed for enterprise users.
Dell is working on plans to sell PCs through retail stores in Asia and Australia, as part of a wider shift within the company away from using only direct sales.
Grisoft has launched the AVG Mobile Security suite for mobile phones, now available as a free beta.
Symantec Wednesday released a beta of its new enterprise security product, formerly code-named Hamlet, that melds technology from several of the company's acquisitions over the last few years.
IBM is adding to its blade server line with an upcoming model targeted at small-to-medium-sized businesses.
Microsoft's first server OS aimed at helping Windows users organise and share files on a home network is nearly ready for prime time. The company is releasing Windows Home Server Release Candidate 1 (RC1) to early adopters this week in anticipation o...
Attracted by aggressive prices and the launch of Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, consumers purchased more notebooks during the first quarter than expected, pushing IDC to raise its 2007 PC industry forecast.
A new type of image spam found this week is able to bypass many filters by presenting a message as wallpaper within an e-mail, according to the vendor Secure Computing.
Climate Savers has defined a series of standards for power supply efficiency in servers and PCs that it suggests members adopt between now and July 2010.
Consumers planning to buy the iPhone when it goes on sale in the U.S. later this month will need to have an iTunes Store account before they can activate the device, according to information on Apple's Web site.
EBay has pulled all of its paid search ads from Google's AdWords network in the U.S., an eyebrow-raising move likely to be interpreted in the industry as a sign of deteriorating relations between the two Internet giants.
The Department of Justice and FBI Wednesday said ongoing investigations have identified more than 1 million botnet crime victims.
Exploits appeared within hours for two of the bugs that Microsoft fixed Tuesday.
Check Point Software Technologies Wednesday launched a Windows Vista version of its flagship ZoneAlarm firewall and blamed the delay on a switch to the new operating system's application programming interfaces (API).
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC