Symantec has started delivering product updates to users through the automatic LiveUpdate feature, the company said. Previously, updates to Symantec software were only delivered via the annual release of new product versions.
Microsoft yesterday confirmed that it will continue to provide mainstream support for all flavours of Windows XP, including Home and Professional editions, for two years after the release of Windows Vista.
Europe's future search engine doesn't want to be found just yet.
A Delaware judge has lifted a stay in an ongoing lawsuit between Rambus and Micron Technologies, allowing Rambus to file new claims and to proceed in its patent infringement suit against the Boise, Idaho, memory chip maker.
Seagate Technology has begun shipping a 160G-byte hard-disk drive for use in laptop computers, it said Monday.
ProMOS Technologies, one of Taiwan's largest DRAM chipmakers, has nearly doubled its projected spending on new chip plants in 2006 to $US2.3 billion, according to a company executive.
Microsoft has issued a patch for a preliminary version of its Vista OS for the same graphics-rendering problem that raised concerns about current versions of the Windows OS earlier this month.
A newspaper report Monday that Cisco Systems plans to enter the mainstream consumer electronics market is only the latest sign of its ambitions to expand beyond computer networking equipment.
Microsoft's forthcoming Internet Explorer (IE) 7 browser will have a thorough flush feature that clears its history and all associated files stored after a Web site is accessed.
Waiting to share photos with long overdue and overseas friends and family will be a thing of the past thanks to a new photo sharing application developed by Kodak and Skype.
Don't burn your favourite picture memories, movies and music to CD and expect it to last forever. It would be lucky to last five years, say the experts. The key to long-term data security is to burn - and burn often.
Intel recently announced new software development tools and resources through its Intel Software Network. These tools and resources are intended to help Apple developers to take advantage of Intel Core Duo processor technologies to maximize applicati...
The wildly successful pixel-powered Web page of a British university student is coming under increasingly intense DDOS (distributed denial of service) attacks trying to knock down the profitable brainstorm.
Novell has released Service Pack 3 for SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 9, which includes all security patches and bug fixes since SP2 -- of which there have been dozens -- as well as consolidating driver updates for both storage and network subsystems.
In a scenario a bit reminiscent of the infamous Amazon.com single-click patent, a Google researcher has filed a patent application for technology that would allow mobile phone users to single click on an advertisement on a Web page and be connected v...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD