Matthew Reilly’s free online novel, Hover Car Racer, is as fast as its racing protagonist in spreading around the world to reach new readers.
America Online is cozying up to the corporate citizenry of its massive IM user network with new on-demand business services for Web and voice conferencing.
A survey released by the Computer Security Institute (CSI) and the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) shows that incidents of unauthorized use of computer systems declined in the last year, continuing a trend that began in 2001, according to ...
Upstart Linux vendor Xandros has made a free version of its Linux desktop distribution available to noncommercial users to encourage its proliferation on computers around the world.
Telstra expects more than one million Australians will pay $500 for new handsets, plus an extra $10-$17 per month for content, when the telco launches its own version of the i-mode mobile phone content service before Christmas.
Microsoft has shown off some forward-looking technologies during a research road show , including new ways to protect users from worms and to identify Web spam.
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates is making a visit to Australia later this month and will participate in a joint press conference with the Prime Minister John Howard.
While notebook PCs have received all the attention over the last few quarters, desktops aren't dead yet. Faster-than-expected growth of desktops is expected to lift the overall market more than previously thought, according to updated data released ...
In a move aimed at establishing its digital video recorder as the entertainment hub of the home, TiVo said Wednesday that home networking features will now come standard with its devices and announced that users can now schedule recordings online.
IBM's PC desktop division continues to think small in a big way announcing a desktop system that is 35 per cent smaller than its predecessor with a footprint that takes up less space than some of its laptop machines.
Apple Computer has launched new Power Mac systems featuring the 64-bit G5 processor, including a model that uses liquid cooling technology.
Sharman Networks this week appealed an Order in the Federal Court, issued against it earlier this year by the Australian music industry.
The rewritable DVD formats--DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM--are gaining on their write-once cousins DVD-R and DVD+R in speed. But here's a bigger surprise: The first leap forward is coming from DVD-RAM, traditionally the slowpoke of the crowd.
Microsoft has teamed up with STMicroelectronics (STMicro) to develop a series of chips for consumer electronics devices that support Windows Media 9.
Two new vulnerabilities have been discovered in Internet Explorer which allow a complete bypass of security and provide system access to a computer, including the installation of files on someone's hard disk without their knowledge, through a single ...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Sony keeps optical discs alive with storage startup acquisition
- Legal trouble in wearables business: Jawbone sues Fitbit
- Lenovo shows smartphone that lets users interact with projected content
- Apache Cordova fixes flaw that could cause apps to crash
- Wi-Fi access point scans can betray a person's location
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW