The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) received more than US$1 million for software piracy settlements in December, the group announced Friday.
No less a personage than billionaire Microsoft co-founder, Bill Gates, has publicly stated (in the January 2007 issue of Scientific American) that robots are the next big thing, and that the current state of the robot industry resembles the PC indust...
Home entertainment devices grabbed the spotlight at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this year, but don't forget the cool products that screamed for attention.
It's every business traveler's nightmare. I arrived in Las Vegas for the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) after a grueling 17-hour journey from Dublin only to discover that the power cord for my laptop wouldn't work and I didn't have an electrical con...
Sometimes, you just don't have adequate light for your photo, even if you carry around thousands of dollars' worth of lighting equipment (which most of us don't).
LG Electronics will be integrating into its Super Multi DVD Rewriter Nero's SecurDisc technology, which password protects and encrypts a data (not audio or video) CD or DVD so that only the intended recipient can look at the data.
Audio-specialist Creative's biggest announcements at CES this year focused on streaming music around the home.
Maybe Apple CEO Steve Jobs should use his new iPhone to call a good trademark lawyer.
Some Web site operators are complaining that Google is flagging their sites as containing malicious software when they believe their sites are harmless.
Intel has filed a countersuit against Transmeta in an ongoing patent infringement disagreement between the two companies.
IDefense Labs is offering more than US$50,000 to researchers who submit serious flaws in Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 7, as part of a challenge designed to beef up the company's security products.
What processor will the iPhone use? That's one of the great unanswered questions left in the wake of Apple's launch of the iPhone this week, but a job ad on Apple's Web site may hint at the answer.
A month-long campaign by two independent security researchers to disclose security flaws in Apple's products has so far resulted in 10 vulnerabilities being publicly disclosed -- and several more on the verge of being announced. Exploit information h...
There are many exotic, and not quite there, technologies that want to help consumers get video and other multimedia content from their PC to their TV, but SanDisk may just have come up with the easiest way of all: a USB drive.
Over the next few months, Ebay will be offering its PayPal users a new tool in the fight against phishers: a US$5 security key.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC