Nearly a year after Microsoft introduced Windows Live OneCare, the company's first foray into the security market is still getting low marks from analysts and users.
Although users can tell Windows XP to ignore updates to Microsoft's antipiracy technology, Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) Notifications will be offered again the next time the component is upgraded, the company said Friday.
Optus has stepped forward as the first major telco to offer VoIP to the SMB sector with its announcement of two new VoIP services set to launch later this year.
Executives at AU Optronics, the world's third largest LCD panel maker by revenue, claim demand for notebook PCs and digital cameras has picked up recently, and predicted better times ahead.
Jimmy Wales, founder of the Wikipedia user-generated and edited encyclopaedia, said he expects contributors to the site who claim certain credentials will soon have to prove they really have them.
Bill Gates, Microsoft's chairman, was the world's richest person for the 14th consecutive year, Forbes announced yesterday as it debuted its mogul rankings for 2006.
Pornographic spam dropped to an all-time low in February, as spammers concentrated on health-related products and other general product pitches, according to a report from vendor Symantec.
The U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration confirmed last week that it built a special chip used in a disputed demonstration of quantum computing in February.
Intel quad-core microprocessors that work at an energy-efficient 50 watts per processor will officially be on the market this week, according to the company.
Australian new media giant Fairfax Digital has come under fire for its connections with a fraudulent search marketing campaign. The campaign, which drew traffic to Fairfax-owned RSVP.com.au by manipulating search engine results, has sparked debate on...
NewsGator Technologies Wednesday signed an agreement to resell /n Software's Real Simple Syndication feed-generation engine, which will allow its business users to access content from databases, business applications and spreadsheets via an RSS feed.
Will a recently approved increase in music royalty fees for Internet radio operators kill online radio?
3M has filed suit against several big electronics companies, including Sony and Lenovo Group, for allegedly violating two patents related to lithium-ion battery technology.
A group of former researchers for the Google Answers search and research service have launched a new answer brokering Web site.
With the walls between IT domains crumbling, companies increasingly are putting in place policies, processes and technologies that serve the twofold purpose of managing and securing networks.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router review: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCProject AnalystVIC