Trying to balance the cost-saving benefits of RFID with consumers' privacy concerns, IBM's Watson Research Center has developed a technology dubbed Clipped Tag.
Expect Amazon.com to continue building its suite of hosted IT infrastructure services for developers, as the planet's best known online retailer pushes into this new business, the company's Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos said Wednesday.
DRM (digital rights management) technology may actually be good for consumers because it could give them more choices for downloading or buying copyrighted content, some speakers at a U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) event said Wednesday.
Dell Tuesday gave freelance programmer and sysadmin Dave Mitchell, of Sheffield, UK, a refund of 47 pounds (AUD$116) for the unused copy of Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2 bundled with his new Dell Inspiron 640m laptop, Mitchell says. Dell also refunde...
Google accidentally sent out e-mail containing a mass mailing worm to about 50,000 members of an e-mail discussion list focused on its Google Video Blog, the company said Tuesday.
Microsoft today officially finished the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version of its upcoming Windows Vista operating system, with its head of development admitting he's relieved that the much-delayed OS is finally ready to ship.
Apple Computer Wednesday announced upgraded MacBooks featuring a new generation of Intel processors that promise faster performance in the company's popular line of consumer-oriented laptops.
With the Playstation 3 delayed until March 2007, the Nintendo Wii is set to make a big splash in the video game market this holiday season. But mass merchant, Harvey Norman, won't be getting its hands wet after negotiations broke down between it and ...
Microsoft will spend more than US$440 million in licensing fees and sales and marketing costs over the next five years to keep up its end of the historic Linux agreement it made with Novell, according to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission docume...
The PlayStation 3 won't hit store shelves until this weekend in Japan and next week in North America, but that hasn't stopped it already appearing on Internet auction sites.
Adobe Systems will contribute source code to the Mozilla Foundation as the two organizations aim to establish a standard scripting language that developers can use to create interactive applications for Adobe's Flash Player and Mozilla's Firefox brow...
Microsoft can now register top-level Internet domains. Last week, the company was added to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) list of accredited domain name registrars, according to <a href="http://www.dotandco.net/resour...
After winning over millions of consumers to its largely free Internet telephone services, Skype is preparing to go after businesses eager to reduce their telecommunication costs.
Microsoft will launch a new service later this month that allows customers to download movies and television programs through their Xbox 360 gaming consoles.
Safend has made three improvements to its software for securing mobile and PC clients and their peripherals.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW