Windows Live Messenger, the next-generation version of Microsoft's instant messaging service for consumers, will be available for download in final form right after midnight Tuesday, U.S. Eastern Time.
Nokia and Siemens announced on Monday that they will merge their telecommunications infrastructure units to form Nokia Siemens Networks, the third such combination formed recently and an indication of the growing competitive pressures in the telecom ...
A cross-site scripting flaw in the PayPal Web site allows a new phishing attack to masquerade as a genuine PayPal log-in page with a valid security certificate, according to security researchers.
The digital rights management (DRM) provisions of the federal Attorney General's Department proposed copyright law changes could stifle open source innovation and increase litigation, according to a Sydney lawyer.
McAfee has released a beta version of its next-generation antivirus software, code-named Falcon.
Corporate users who migrate to Exchange 2007 will face mandatory infrastructure changes that, while advancing security and management, could add complexity and costs to their networks.
A new vulnerability has been found in Microsoft's Excel spreadsheet program, just a few days after the company fixed problems with several of its applications in its monthly patch distribution.
Parallels, a Virginia-based startup, has released the final version of its Mac virtualisation software, two months after it began testing.
Internet users outside of the US may soon be able to access all of Google's products, many of which are currently available only in limited regions, if an executive search by the company is successful.
Chief technology officers (CTOs) in big high-tech companies increasingly view "open innovation'' as a way to get more bang from the billions of bucks they spend annually on researching and developing new products, according to a venture capitalist fo...
With last Thursday's announcement that Microsoft Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates plans to move away from his day-to-day duties by July 2008, analysts said change is in the air for the company.
BuysUSA.com's owner pleaded guilty to selling nearly US$20 million worth of pirated software through the mail, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) said Friday.
Microsoft's program for testing whether a PC is running a genuine copy of Windows, Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), has drawn considerable fire from users since it was launched last July.
A hoax e-mail which claims the National Australia Bank is bankrupt has already infected 1000 customers with malicious code in the form of a trojan.
For some Australians the idea of a good time is watching Big Brother live on their mobile phones. And they don't want to miss a riveting moment - someone sleeping; another eating peaches out of a wine glass; or some standoffish behaviour in the house...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW