The group behind the US$100 laptop computer aimed at schoolchildren in developing countries has developed a novel battery recharger for the machine that looks a lot like a yo-yo.
Researchers at an Israeli university say they have come up with a way to make computers smarter by enabling them to consult the online Wikipedia encyclopedia.
Apple Computer CEO Steve Jobs took the wraps off of the company's long-awaited "iPhone" on Tuesday, touting it as a three-in-one piece of hardware that acts as a mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls and an Internet communications devic...
Worldwide spam levels have mysteriously dropped off over the past week, according to managed e-mail provider SoftScan, possibly as a result of a major botnet going out of service.
Microsoft has patched critical vulnerabilities in its Office, Outlook and Windows software.
Ethical issues to do with psychological experimentation may be avoided by conducting experiments in a virtual environment, claims a study by psychologists at the University College London (UCL). The finding opens doors to further research into human ...
SanDisk has unveiled an industry initiative to create a new USB storage device that allows users to move digital content from their PCs to their television sets for viewing on a large screen.
HP is reaching for the consumer market with two new PCs that allow customers to control Microsoft's Windows Vista OS with a touchscreen interface instead of a mouse.
The past few years have seen a clear trend toward ridding desktop PCs of wires. But the VGA cable connecting your system to your monitor has been a stubborn holdout. Now a company called Quartics is looking to sever that tie, using technology that wi...
The recent release of software that can be used to decode encrypted HD DVD and Blu-ray movies is the first step toward making the encryption standard used by these next-generation video players obsolete, Princeton University researchers said Monday.
Motorola announced a new music-enabled mobile phone Monday that syncs its Linux OS with Microsoft's Windows Media Player on Windows XP, as well as PCs running Vista.
Microsoft tried to draw the attention of gamers at the International Consumer Electronics Show on Monday, announcing a keyboard that automates maneuvers and provides quicker response time.
Continuing to chase the grail of a media center PC, AMD announced a notebook version of its AMD Live package, which the company had launched for desktop users in mid-2006.
The group that certifies Wi-Fi products aims to make more wireless LANs secure by taking some of the work out of locking them down.
Yahoo has released a test upgrade of its services suite for mobile devices, which includes a new search application, as the company keeps trying to extend its products to cell phones.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA