Continuing its push into the mobile space, Google is making its Google Talk instant messaging service available to BlackBerry users, Google and Blackberry maker Research In Motion announced Thursday.
The big talk of last week's Consumer Electronics Show was all about blue: blue-laser DVD, or more precisely, the battle between HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc to be the next-generation optical disc format. Watching the posturing and positioning for the upco...
In celebration of its one-year anniversary, the Google Mini search appliance is getting a teensy bit bigger. Google is expected to announce today two new versions of the Mini that double and triple the capacity of the existing appliance.
The Los Angeles Police Department's counterterrorism unit next month will begin using a new data analysis system designed to identify and connect related pieces of intelligence to help officers deter and respond to terrorist attacks.
The Windows operating system expert who exposed Sony BMG Music Entertainment use of "rootkit" cloaking techniques last year is now criticizing security vendors Symantec and Kaspersky Lab for shipping software that works in a similar manner.
Mozilla Thursday released the latest version of its e-mail client with a host of new features, including better security, automatic updating and other enhancements aimed at providing a more user-friendly e-mail experience, according to the company.
Optus has acquired Virgin Mobile Australia (VMA) from Virgin Group for $30 million in cash, increasing its shareholding in VMA to 100 per cent.
At last week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Skype and Netgear announced they are working on a family of products, including the world's first Skype wireless mobile telephone and a router equipped to optimize Skype.
Sharp Corp. is planning to increase production at its two LCD (liquid crystal display) factories in Japan in response to anticipated soaring demand for flat-panel LCD televisions over the next few years, it said Wednesday. The company also expects to...
A group of Taiwanese companies responsible for producing some of the world's top technology products, from Microsoft's Xbox 360 game consoles to Apple's iPod music players and third generation (3G) mobile phones, closed out a banner 2005 with record...
Fujitsu is planning to construct a new semiconductor manufacturing plant in Japan to produce a range of integrated circuits, the company said Wednesday.
The U.S. Supreme Court this week refused to hear an appeal of a case by an Austin, Texas online dating service that claimed it had a First Amendment right to send unsolicited e-mails through the University of Texas's computer system.
When 21-year-old British student Alex Tew needed to raise money to pay for his university, he came up with an idea many might dismiss as wishful thinking: raise US$1 million by selling 1 million pixels worth of advertising space on his Web site for $...
The Boeing Co. will adjust the prices it charges for Internet access from the air via its Connexion by Boeing service later this month, it said Wednesday. The company will also make available four channels of live television to equipped aircraft duri...
Google has released a Mac OS version of Google Earth, extending to Apple Computer users the flashy mapping application that has been wowing Windows PC users since its launch last year, the company said Tuesday.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia