A Danish court has moved to block consumers from using AllofMP3.com, an online Russian music store accused of selling albums below their market price and cheating artists out of the royalties.
Canonical, the British company behind the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution, on Thursday announced the release of the latest version of its operating system that includes a number of updates, including faster boot times.
The introduction of the latest incarnation of 3G technology into Australia is set to put the squeeze on existing wireless broadband providers, but claims of their eventual demise are unfounded says one service provider.
The global recall and replacement of millions of laptop batteries, and start-up costs for the PlayStation 3 console, pushed Sony's operations into the red for the July to September quarter, despite a jump in sales.
Bug trackers have had a couple false starts with the release of Firefox 2.0, a top Mozilla engineer said Thursday.
Rambus sees the microprocessor market share war between Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) as a possible way to win more orders from the PC industry, according to the company's chief executive officer (CEO).
IBM researchers have found a way to draw twice as much heat off hard-working computer chips, clearing the way for server farms and data centers to use denser, faster processors.
Microsoft on Thursday finally attempted to clear up confusion over licensing of Windows Vista for power users who rebuild their PCs on a regular basis. But the answer from the software vendor did little to placate some users, who are still upset abou...
Microsoft has won a court case against a German spammer charged with forging e-mail and making it appear to come from Microsoft's hotmail.com domain.
The Office worker productivity and collaboration suite is about to become the next piece of software from Microsoft subject to mandatory piracy checks.
At its 30th anniversary party, Acer moved up the time it expects to take over the number 3 slot in global PC market share to 2007, shaving a year off its previous forecast.
It's time for consumers, musicians and filmmakers to band together and advocate copyright laws that make sense for them, not for large music labels and movie studios, a group of advocacy groups said Wednesday during the launch of the Digital Freedom ...
Just one week after claiming that users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 browser could be at risk to an online attack, Danish security vendor Secunia is reporting a new bug in the browser.
PC manufacturers that expected to get their hands on the final version of Windows Vista on Wednesday have to wait a couple more weeks for the OS, according to sources familiar with the company's plans.
Advanced Micro Devices plans to make chips integrating its x86 with a graphics processor on a single piece of silicon by early 2009. The announcement came as AMD completed its US$5.4 billion merger with graphics chip manufacturer ATI Technologies on ...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW