Samsung Electronics has begun shipping its first hybrid hard-disk drives that mix conventional magnetic storage with flash memory, it said Wednesday.
The Chinese government took steps during 2006 to increase its control and monitoring of Internet access by the country's growing Internet population, the U.S. Department of State said in a human-rights report released on Tuesday.
The world is running out of storage space for the data it has to hold according to a new report from IDC.
Nokia has tweaked its mobile gaming strategy, transforming its less-than-successful N-Gage device into a software platform and enlisting the support of several games publishers to deliver popular content.
Member companies of the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) have filed a copyright infringement suit against Yahoo's China operations, the two sides confirmed Wednesday.
Yahoo has teamed up with High Tech Computer (HTC) to put a suite of Internet software applications on millions of Windows Mobile handsets, the companies said Wednesday.
Video game players might soon use their thoughts instead of joysticks to control on-screen characters, if they wear a helmet released by Emotiv Systems.
NXP Software has brought out new technology that it says can enable a digital camera to capture the geographic coordinates of an outdoor location as a photo is taken.
Google has released a new version of its desktop search tool, adding a preview feature to help find information more quickly and making some improvements to the interface design.
Microsoft will release a public beta of new VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) server software by the end of this month.The software smoothly integrates with legacy phone networks and its Office application suite, the company said.
The U.S. Department of Justice and state attorneys general are concerned that Microsoft is revising deadlines that it agreed to as part of its antitrust settlement. At issue are changes that Microsoft says it needs to make in the schedule for releasi...
Apple's CFO yesterday Tuesday Windows Vista is no threat to Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" and argued that the steep hardware requirements of Microsoft's new operating system will give Leopard an opportunity to step in and grab more market share.
Remote areas across Australia still without broadband Internet access are set to benefit from $162.5 million in additional funds in the form a federal government Broadband Guarantee announced today.
Several weeks after rival Microsoft rolled out Windows Vista to consumers, Apple has updated iTunes to run on the new operating system -- although "a few" problems still remain, Apple said yesterday.
Eighteen months after rival Apple raised the bar in the music player market with its video iPod, Sony will launch its first digital video Walkman.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router review: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC