Rumors that Microsoft may purchase BlackBerry maker Research in Motion are likely just that because of RIM's high price tag, though there would be benefits for both parties if a deal were struck, analysts said Friday.
Wireless technology is now a major worry for most companies, so much so that many predict security spending rising by up to 20 percent to patch up its weaknesses.
3G femtocells, which promise to deliver indoor coverage and cheap service for 3G networks, are a step closer, thanks to a base station built using chips designed for mass-market handsets.
In the first half of 2007, corporate venture-capital groups -- those that are part of a larger corporation, not a private firm -- invested in start-up companies at levels rivaling those reached in 2001.
Hewlett-Packard says it's delaying the release of its HP MediaSmart Home Server by possibly months to give Microsoft more time to fix and make small improvements to the Windows Home Server operating system.
The world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, which assembles gadgets from Apple iPods to Sony PlayStation 3 consoles and Nokia handsets, became the latest company to announce a high tech investment in Vietnam, with plans to spend a massive ...
Last week, it was a webcam flaw in Yahoo Messenger that could leave you vulnerable to attack if you clicked a link to a malicious video conversation invitation. Now, researchers have found a similar hole in Microsoft's MSN Messenger.
US government antitrust regulators have asked Intel and STMicroelectronics NV to provide more information about their plan to spin off their flash memory unit into a new company, the vendors said Thursday.
Supporters of the Blu-ray Disc format came to Berlin armed with key announcements to underscore their commitment to the next-generation movie disc.
As it trumpeted news of Vista SP1's scheduled release Wednesday, Microsoft Corp. also quietly said it would delay Windows Server 2008, the next version of its server operating system.
IBM announced an upgraded version of its blade server based on the Cell processor on Wednesday, adding memory and data throughput for better performance on high-end applications such as graphics and finance.
Just two weeks after revealing that some employees had falsified corporate revenue to meet earnings targets, Dell reported a profit of US$733 million (AU$897.8 million) for its fiscal 2008 second quarter, up 46 percent from its mark of US$502 million...
Sun Microsystems has ambitious plans for the commercial and open-source versions of its Solaris operating system, hoping to achieve for Solaris the kind of ubiquity already enjoyed by Java. To come close to reaching that goal, Sun needs to reach out ...
By 2012, Linux will be running on nearly 31 percent of all smart devices, thanks to a growth rate faster than Windows Mobile and Symbian, according to predictions from a research firm.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW