License transfers aren't the only thing the End User License Agreement (EULA) for Microsoft's Windows Vista OS limits. The license also puts restrictions on how benchmarks of certain components of the OS can be published, another issue that is raisin...
Microsoft's latest release of Internet Explorer will drive demand for internationalized domain names, according to industry experts who are predicting a sharp increase in sales of foreign language domain names. That's because IE 7 has built-in suppor...
Microsoft has released the next generation of its Media Player software for Windows.
Dell has won a $6 million tender with the Northern Territory Department of Employment, Education and Training (DEET) to supply over 40,000 school children with new PCs.
Microsoft took a big step back so Vista could take a big step forward. New storage features in the forthcoming Vista operating system reflect Microsoft's realization that its Windows operating system lagged competing platforms in storage management f...
Toshiba plans to launch its HD-DVD player in Australia in December this year, it said Monday.
Demand for desktop PC motherboards "is falling off a cliff" in late October as users put off purchases until the Windows Vista OS launches in January, investment banking firm Goldman Sachs said Saturday.
A security problem originally found in Microsoft's Internet Explorer 6 browser has returned to haunt IE7, the new version of the browser launched two weeks ago, a security consultant said Monday.
For many critics, the United Nations-sponsored Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is nothing more than a hot-air event void of any decision-making power. But advocates see the meeting, the first to follow last year's contentious World Summit on the Info...
A tricky malicious program has become more prevalent in spam, but experts don't know what its creators plan to do with it.
An association representing 400 French book publishers has joined La Martiniere Groupe in its lawsuit to stop Google from digitizing books for its Google Book Search service.
A group of laptop vendors and battery manufacturers plans to announce a standard for making safer lithium ion batteries by June 15, 2007, in an attempt to recover from a massive series of battery recalls in recent months.
Beginning early next year, Seagate Technology will begin shipping its first widely available hard drives with built-in encryption.
Not wanting to be left behind by Telstra and Vodafone, Optus has started a field trial of High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) over its 3G network in Canberra and Western Sydney.
Music downloads in India are gaining in popularity, thanks to wider availability of cell phones -- and the thousands of songs produced each year by the country's booming film industry.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Traffic tickets got you down? This robo-lawyer has already saved users $4 million
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
- Facebook takes a swing at Pinterest with Chrome extensions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW