A volunteer effort led by lawyers, security researchers and educators wants to stop the next Julie Amero from becoming a spyware casualty.
The Church of England is calling on Sony Computer Entertainment to apologize for using one of its churches as the scene for a gory firefight in its PlayStation 3 game "Resistance -- Fall of Man."
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) console has reached 1 million unit sales in PAL regions, including the U.K. and the rest of Europe.
McAfee on Monday announced it will deliver an updated version of ePolicy Orchestrator, its umbrella management console for McAfee security products, by the third quarter of this year.
EBay on Monday opened a beta program for a desktop application that makes shopping on the auction Web site easier, with new types of alerts and a browsing history feature.
'Stirling' package aimed at taking on rivals McAfee, Symantec
With Patch Tuesday coming up, spammers are sending out fake security updates with links to malicious Trojan software
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
The Mozilla Foundation said last week it has patched several serious security flaws in the popular Firefox browser, bugs that also affect the SeaMonkey browser and the Thunderbird e-mail application.
Fans of cross-platform computing and the "write-once-run-anywhere" concept of applications and software will want to take a look at <a href="http://www.openlina.com" target="_blank">LINA</a>. The open source software company plans to debut its eponym...
Latest Fedora release merges Fedora Core and Fedora Extra
When it comes to protecting the privacy of its users, Google ranks worse than any other Internet company, according to an interim report by Privacy International. The international watchdog group also accused Google of engaging in a smear campaign in...
Hackers are now using exploits that target Yahoo's instant messaging software, security vendors said today, making it critical that users patch the Windows program immediately.
Google used a 50-page white paper to spell out its claims that Microsoft's Windows Vista violates a 2002 antitrust settlement, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Third-party software developers can create Web 2.0 applications to run on Apple's forthcoming iPhone, company CEO Steve Jobs said Monday.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
- IBM is folding SoftLayer into its Bluemix cloud services portfolio
- Azure brings SQL Server Analysis Services to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- CCSAP GRC ConsultantACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC