A Sun Microsystems executive said Tuesday said the company is "months" away from releasing its trademark Java programming language under an open-source license.
In an unprecedented move, Microsoft is allowing users to test the next version of Office online without having to download software.
Optus and the Macquarie Radio Network (MRN) have announced an agreement to offer radio on demand services to more than six million Optus mobile customers.
Nearly one-fifth of all notebook PCs will break down over their lifetime, needing a new hardware component to fix the failure, a study reveals.
In another blow to the supremacy of Microsoft's Office franchise, Belgium on Friday became the second governmental body to approve the use of the OpenDocument format as a way to exchange government documents.
The airport check-in desk could be where "desktop" Linux usage takes off, according to Unisys's European coordinator of open-source software activities.
Microsoft has found a new home for WinFS, a file system that the company originally planned to include in Windows Vista.
As it seeks to fend off competitive threats from Advanced Micro Devices, chip maker Intel Monday released its dual-core Xeon processor, code-named 'Woodcrest,' the first based on its new Core microarchitecture.
Microsoft is warning users of malicious software that could be used to attack Windows systems that lack the company's latest security updates.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates may never see a more generous donation to the foundation run by he and his wife: a US$30.7 billion pledge from the world's second richest man, famed investor Warren Buffett.
More than three million Australians are now connected to a broadband service, according to the latest Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC) Snapshot of Broadband Deployment Report.
Sony initially targeted July for shipping its Blu-ray Disc player, the US$999 BD-SP1. That date shifted by a few weeks into August, reportedly to coincide with the company's launch of its 1080p. Now, Sony's site is reporting a ship date "on or about ...
Advanced Micro Devices will open a US$3.2 billion chip fabrication plant in New York State to produce 300-millimeter wafer chips, said the company Friday in a joint announcement with New York state officials.
A security analyst has released a tool that lets users remove Windows Genuine Advantage Notification, part of Microsoft's controversial campaign against software counterfeiting.
TorrentSpy named the hacker who it claims broke into its computer systems on behalf of the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), as part of a legal request that would force the MPAA to turn over documents stolen from the Internet file-searchi...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW