Google has assembled a wealth of information about the upcoming U.S. general election and will display links to it on its Google Earth mapping application.
Only a few weeks after the high-profile launch of Telstra's NextG mobile broadband network, Vodafone has fired up its own High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) network in Sydney and Melbourne.
Adobe Systems has snapped up video software company Serious Magic in a bid to capitalize on the increased prevalence of video on the Web.
Researchers at IT security vendor Sophos today warned of new spyware Trojan horse that promises racy pictures of the teenage Russian pop group t.A.T.u. as a means to entice e-mail users to click on a malicious attachment.
A Google employee mistakenly posted information to an official Google blog that she had intended to publish in her personal blog, the latest blogging faux pas for the search engine giant.
MessageLabs, one of a handful of smaller security vendors competing in a cut-throat market, has secured a US$60 million loan that it will use to bolster its research and development efforts, the company said Thursday.
Windows users have raised concerns about Microsoft's new licensing for Windows Vista that will allow them to transfer a Vista license to only one machine other than the computer for which it was purchased.
A large recall of Sony-made batteries by PC makers and problems that have hit the launch of the PlayStation 3 console have caused Sony to cut its full year profit forecast by more than a third.
Microsoft scheduled a meeting Thursday with security vendors to discuss its plans to release application programming interfaces (API) that will allow third-party products to work around a kernel protection technology in the Vista kernel called PatchG...
IBM on Thursday announced that Harvard University is using an IBM Blue Gene supercomputer, which holds the title as the fastest supercomputer in the world, to support research into the human heart and circulatory system.
Microsoft has reissued a Windows security patch that it published last week because the software did not work properly on Windows 2000 systems.
AOL plans to give external developers a way to embed functionality from AIM into their Web sites, another step in AOL's efforts to encourage programmers to use its popular instant messaging service.
Google revenue grew 70 percent and earnings almost doubled in its third quarter, which ended Sept. 30, as the company continued monetizing its search engine services through online ads at a torrid pace.
A flaw that research firm Secunia claimed to have discovered in Internet Explorer 7 just hours after its unveiling is not a browser bug after all, Microsoft said Thursday.
Hewlett-Packard snatched the top position in global PC shipments from rival Dell by a slight margin in the third quarter.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW