Users of YouTube's online video service will soon be able to view news, TV series, documentaries and other programs from the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC).
Researchers in the U.S. say they've successfully shown how attackers could compromise a network designed to make it harder to trace Internet surfers and the Web sites they are viewing.
Need quick help on hammering out a marketing plan, making a cold call or disciplining an employee? Now you can check your cell phone for expert advice on how best to complete the task.
Microsoft's Open XML file format cleared a small hurdle Wednesday, after documents released by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) showed fewer countries harbouring strong objections than had been expected.
Remember the Star Wars Princess Leia hologram? Now you can have your very own mid-air display. IO2 Technology has released its Heliodisplay that projects a 2-dimensional mid-air display with up to 1024 x 1024 resolution. It appears to be convincingly...
A Web site posted a tool last week that can apparently crack Windows Vista's activation process by applying brute force -- and lots of time -- to come up with valid product keys, circumventing one of Microsoft's most important antipiracy methods.
Japanese electronics company Sanyo Electric and computer vendor Lenovo Group are discussing how to pay for the recall of over 200,000 laptop PC batteries, but have agreed to share the burden.
Telcos conducting business online need to buck up customer privacy even as their ability to communicate improves.
Microsoft Thursday unveiled a Web site designed to help people with no programming experience learn to build Windows applications or Web sites using Visual Studio 2005.
Windows Vista's firewall can easily be subverted because of design decisions made by Microsoft, a researcher at Symantec said Friday.
Despite its CEO's claims that Microsoft eventually will trump Google to be number one in online search revenue, the company's online business is "massively underperforming" against the competition, according to a leading financial analyst.
Charges that video slot machines were programmed to flash subliminal signals of jackpot messages to gamblers has led a casino operator to temporarily pull several types of the devices off the floor.
Mozilla's Firefox and Apple's Safari Web browsers both continued to snare market share from Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) last month, a Web metrics company said this week.
While there has been a fair amount of piracy talk among Microsoft executives in recent days -- and changes made to Windows' anticounterfeiting technology -- that doesn't mean the company is rethinking its antipiracy policy, an analyst said Thursday.
Windows Vista may yet prove to be an unstoppable juggernaut, but statistics released Thursday by a market research firm show that the new operating system hasn't even licked its nine-year old ancestor.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTProject ManagerACT