Microsoft Wednesday confirmed months-long speculation that the first service pack for Windows Vista will be out sometime in the first quarter next year, along with a third and final service pack for its hardy predecessor, XP.
Microsoft forced a popular alternative to Windows Update off the Internet today, sending the maker of AutoPatcher cease-and-desist e-mail. The free utility has been removed from its download site.
Microsoft said late yesterday that last weekend's failure of the anti-piracy process it requires of Windows XP and Vista was due to "human error," shouldn't be called an "outage" since the servers didn't go offline and promised changes have been made...
At one time, network storage was an expensive proposition. Iomega is aiming to shatter the preconception with its new line of Home Network Hard Drives. The drives, available in 320GB, 360GB, and 500GB capacities, set new low-water marks for network s...
An angry legal battle has broken out after an IBM server worth US$1.5 million was wrecked falling off a fork-lift truck being used to move it.
Vividas, an Australian founded developer of video streaming technology, has penned a deal with America's Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) to provide live, high-quality streaming of some of the world's most prestigious soccer competitions.
Following criticism from the Open Source Industry Association (OSIA) over its ambition to have the Office Open XML (Open XML or OOXML) format accepted as an international (ISO) standard, Microsoft's group product manager for Microsoft Office, Gray Kn...
Several organizations have adopted a new type of data management software specifically engineered to tackle the ever growing problem of unstructured files located across disparate systems.
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) has suddenly sprouted green leaves with a task force, working party, and tutorial all directed to making storage more environmentally friendly. It recommends storing less data on fewer disks and arch...
Yahoo wants a California court to dismiss a lawsuit brought against the company by jailed Chinese dissidents.
We know we're due for an iPod refresh. It's not a matter of if...it's a matter of when. The internets are abuzz with the latest rumors making the rounds, based on some purported next-gen iPod Nano photos (the photos were not proven as the real McCoy,...
SoundExchange Inc., the group set up by the Recording Industry Association of America to collect royalties for performers and record companies, said it has reached an agreement with the Digital Media Association whose members include large music webc...
Researchers at Saarland University in Germany have developed a method that detects similarities between programs that can be used for identifying software piracy.
A hacker who figured out how to unlock the iPhone has traded an unlocked phone for a new car.
Symantec Chairman and CEO John Thompson blamed Microsoft Tuesday for the current pricing competition his company faces in the consumer security market, suggesting Microsoft's pricing scheme for its first entry into the space is "monopolistic."
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- Spanish police nab suspected hacker behind Neverquest banking malware
- Google pushed developers to fix security flaws in 275,000 Android apps
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC