IBM Corp.'s personal computer business racked up US$965 million in losses between Jan. 1, 2001, and June 30, 2004, the company said last week in a filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, detailing the planned sale of the business to Ch...
Cisco Systems Inc. and its employees have donated US$2.5 million for humanitarian relief and reconstruction projects for those affected by the earthquakes and the subsequent tsunamis that ravaged coastlines across South Asia, the company said Thursda...
Sony Corp. has set up a cross-company working group dubbed Connect Company to focus on the digital media market, the U.S. office of the Japanese electronics giant confirmed Thursday.
The company that owns the famed Commodore computer brand has been sold to Yeahronimo Media Ventures Inc., a Beverly Hills, California, digital music distributor.
Victor Co. of Japan Ltd. (JVC) has developed prototype read-only discs that can contain data stored in both the DVD and high-capacity Blu-ray Disc formats. They are the first that are able to contain data in both formats, a company spokeswoman said T...
Asian telecommunication carriers are mobilizing to help those affected by the weekend's devastating earthquakes off Indonesia and subsequent tsunami waves.
Intel Corp. has invested in three companies that it believes will help make home entertainment devices better and easier to use, the company announced Wednesday.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. plans to spend 290 billion won (US$277 million) to build a second LCD manufacturing line at its factory in Tangjung, South Korea. Samsung plans to produce panels for LCD TVs with screen sizes of 30 inches across the diago...
China's first network based on IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) formally entered operation on Saturday, according to the China Education and Research Network Information Center (CERNIC).
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's biggest mobile phone carrier, expects to complete on Wednesday a US$3 million investment in Linux software development company MontaVista Software, a DoCoMo spokeswoman said.
Japanese animation production company Bandai Visual has joined the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) and may release titles based on the Blu-ray Disc format next-generation optical disc technology, a spokeswoman said Wednesday.
Google's informal corporate motto is "Don't be evil" but the search engine provider isn't viewed as particularly nice by a growing list of companies that claim Google is misusing their trademarks and, in so doing, hurting their businesses.
Web search engine company Google is blocking efforts by a new Internet worm to use its search engine to find vulnerable computers on the Internet, the company announced late Tuesday.
As usual, more than 100,000 technologists are expected to flood Las Vegas right around the holiday season. But instead of arriving the week before Thanksgiving for Comdex, the IT and consumer electronics industry now takes its annual tour of the dese...
Radio frequency radiation from mobile phones can damage DNA in laboratory conditions, European researchers said in a recent study.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- No building access card? No problem if you have new Def Con tools
- Twitter mulling big changes to how you view tweets
- Motorola's revamped Moto range is coming to Australia
- 3D XPoint might change computing as much as SSDs did
- Amazon and Google aren't the only ones with a delivery drone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC