Customer concerns over changes to Windows Vista licensing that limited a transfer of the license to only one machine have inspired Microsoft to revise the OS' licensing policy.
The four-day United Nations-sponsored Internet Governance Forum (IGF) was heavy on talk, light on action -- in line with its mandate to give interested parties a global stage to express their views on the future of the Internet.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer hosted a press conference in San Francisco yesterday, presumably to announce the company has completed Vista and Office 2007.
Symantec has announced an updated version of its Mobile AntiVirus software to protect Windows-based smart phones and mobile handsets based on Windows Mobile 5.0 and the earlier Windows Mobile 2003.
Yahoo Thursday introduced video Web sites in France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Spammers are co-opting the top-level domains (TLDs) of obscure island nations as a new tactic to avoid spam filters, according to McAfee.
A second minor bug found in the Firefox 2.0 Web browser will be fixed, but users shouldn't encounter much of a problem in the mean time, a Mozilla official said Thursday.
A dealer of used tube and pipe equipment filed a lawsuit this week hoping to strip YouTube of its domain name.
Google has translated the private-label e-mail, instant messaging, telephony and calendaring services it offers Web site operators into 17 new languages.
Google plans to improve access to Gmail via cell phones with an application that enhances its performance and interface in mobile devices.
The security of Apple Computer's wireless drivers is under scrutiny again, thanks to a new hacker project.
Symantec Wednesday announced support for Microsoft Windows Vista in its next generation of Backup Exec, Ghost Solution Suite and AntiVirus software.
Dell launched its first notebook PC powered by a processor from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) instead of an Intel chip.
Shareholders of Engin have given the green light to the Seven Network's bid for a $26 million, 33 percent stake in the broadband telephony company.
In the next few weeks, Symantec will roll out products aimed at early adopters of the Windows Vista OS and 64-bit computing, while also expanding the capabilities of its backup software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSAP Project Manager- HR/Payroll- Finance Systems IntegrationNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCData ArchitectSA