The recent release of software that can be used to decode encrypted HD DVD and Blu-ray movies is the first step toward making the encryption standard used by these next-generation video players obsolete, Princeton University researchers said Monday.
Motorola announced a new music-enabled mobile phone Monday that syncs its Linux OS with Microsoft's Windows Media Player on Windows XP, as well as PCs running Vista.
Microsoft tried to draw the attention of gamers at the International Consumer Electronics Show on Monday, announcing a keyboard that automates maneuvers and provides quicker response time.
Continuing to chase the grail of a media center PC, AMD announced a notebook version of its AMD Live package, which the company had launched for desktop users in mid-2006.
The group that certifies Wi-Fi products aims to make more wireless LANs secure by taking some of the work out of locking them down.
Yahoo has released a test upgrade of its services suite for mobile devices, which includes a new search application, as the company keeps trying to extend its products to cell phones.
Yahoo will give users a preview of what it will be like to use a new and improved version of Yahoo Messenger on Microsoft's Windows Vista at the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show this year.
Sony has revealed a system that will allow viewers of its Bravia flat-panel TV sets to access broadband video content, some of it in high-definition (HD).
Users of Sling Media's "placeshifting" system, Slingbox, will soon be able to watch their home TVs on Palm smart phones running Palm OS, consumer laptops from Hewlett-Packard or any PC running Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system.
Hewlett-Packard announced that it is moving into the emerging home server market with its HP MediaSmart Server that will take advantage of the Microsoft Windows Home Server OS that was also announced at the 2007 CES by Bill Gates.
Microsoft has selected local employee, Tracey Fellows, as its new managing director for A/NZ. The appointment comes a month after former boss, Steve Vamos, announced he would take up a role as vice-president, international online service group in th...
The 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show is one of the ultimate tech-toy and gadget shows on the planet. There's something for nearly anyone, and while not quite a household word, Linux technology has gained rapid stature in the consumer-elec...
Motorola Chief Executive Officer Ed Zander rode onto stage Monday for his keynote speech at the International Consumer Electronics Show on a bike armed with one of the company's new products, a mobile handset battery recharger.
New movie releases, more market entrants, improved technology and 1.8 million HD DVD players from Toshiba are the weapons companies plan to use in the format battle against rival Blu-ray Disc this year, according to company executives.
Opening the control interface of its popular Roomba vacuuming robot, iRobot Corp. unveiled a programmable robotic platform on Monday that could allow computer programming students and developers to use the platform for nearly any task.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW