Intel later this year will help server network interfaces take advantage of the major recent advances in data centers: multiprocessor systems, multicore processors and virtualization.
Details of a new Microsoft Web analytics tool, including when the beta version will be released and how the company will get its demographic data, have leaked onto the Internet.
Fed up with slow tape backup systems and under pressure by regulators and auditors to keep data online and readily available, large and midsize businesses are making disk-to-disk backup technology a top priority in their data centers this year.
Scientists have discovered that "avalanche" effects in spinning magnetic fields can cause data loss in disk drives - and are working on changes to recording layer chemistry that should give us more reliable storage.
An external drive that drops its power down in three stages as inactivity time lengthens has been announced by Kanguru. It is an 80 - 750GB capacity product, connecting to Windows or Mac systems by USB 2.0.
ProMOS Technologies raised its projected 2007 spending on new memory chip plants this year, bucking expectations that falling DRAM (dynamic RAM) prices might cause companies to rein in such spending.
Global PC sales have slowed a tad over the past few weeks as the market waits for Intel to announce new price reductions, market researchers said.
Microsoft on Thursday quelled rumors that the beta of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) was just around the corner.
3Com may not be the only company Nortel is interested in. The Canadian telecom giant might also be sizing up four others for acquisition, according to an investor bulletin issued this week by UBS Warburg.
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
In its clearest statement of intent so far, Google said that it will compete in an upcoming U.S. wireless spectrum auction, if the government agrees to certain rules.
Google is hosting potentially copyrighted videos, including recent full-length movies, concerts, as well as broadcast and cable TV programs on Google Video, a nonprofit group is charging.
A second lawsuit was filed last week against Microsoft by customers complaining about the Xbox 360 console scratching and ruining video game discs.
Microsoft's quest to have Open XML approved by the International Organization for Standards (ISO) as a global technology standard seems to have recovered from a setback it suffered a week ago, as both sides of the Open XML-ODF debate shore up argumen...
Microsoft has said its biggest single-day enterprise product launch event ever is slated for February but it will be more event than launch.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperWA
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD