We know we're due for an iPod refresh. It's not a matter of if...it's a matter of when. The internets are abuzz with the latest rumors making the rounds, based on some purported next-gen iPod Nano photos (the photos were not proven as the real McCoy,...
SoundExchange Inc., the group set up by the Recording Industry Association of America to collect royalties for performers and record companies, said it has reached an agreement with the Digital Media Association whose members include large music webc...
Researchers at Saarland University in Germany have developed a method that detects similarities between programs that can be used for identifying software piracy.
A hacker who figured out how to unlock the iPhone has traded an unlocked phone for a new car.
Symantec Chairman and CEO John Thompson blamed Microsoft Tuesday for the current pricing competition his company faces in the consumer security market, suggesting Microsoft's pricing scheme for its first entry into the space is "monopolistic."
Yahoo has asked a US federal court to dismiss a lawsuit filed against it by the Washington-based World Organization for Human Rights USA.
Google has become the exclusive provider of pay-per-click text ads on CNN.com, one of the most visited news Web sites in the world, displacing rival Yahoo.
A video showing the founder of a Belfast, Northern Ireland company unlocking the iPhone hit the Web early Wednesday U.K. time as proof that software exists that can unlock Apple's device for use with carriers other than AT&T.
The nonprofit Linux Foundation has unveiled the Linux Weather Forecast, a Web site aimed at giving people a better sense of the status of specific Linux kernel projects.
The next-generation of the KDE open source project, version 4.0, has been touted as the beginning of a new era in desktop computing, but only two months from the first release some users are wondering if it's just all hype.
As Windows watchdog sites worldwide are displaying screenshots of leaked early builds of Windows Vista's first service pack, Microsoft today announced that a true beta of Vista SP1 will go to a limited audience of testers "in a few weeks," with full ...
Apple's share of the laptop market is growing -- the company now sells more than one in every six laptops purchased in the U.S., a research firm said today.
If there's one word to describe Windows Vista users, that word is frustrated, said the head of a national chain of computer support centers in the US.
German scientists claimed to have a developed a procedure that harnesses body heat in order to generate power, which in the future may be used to power mobile devices.
Digg.com Monday unveiled an updated home page that allows users to see both news and video on a single page.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD