In response to student demand for more flexible learning options, the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) is investigating the use of online technologies to supplement, or replace, lectures of the future.
Using a phone instead of a cheque or credit card has been postulated for years, but Australia is set to get its first large-scale mobile commerce platform when Telstra begins trialling the technology in 2008.
Independent security researchers agreed that Google was on the right track Tuesday when it claimed sites running Microsoft's Web server are twice as likely to host hacker code than sites that rely on servers operating open-source software.
A federal judge ordered author Leslie Raymond Sachs to remove from the Internet all statements defaming best-selling crime writer Patricia Cornwell and not to add other statements until the case is resolved.
The University of Minnesota and 11 other universities in the Midwest announced Wednesday that they have partnered with Google to digitize up to 10 million bound book volumes as part of the Google Books Library Project.
Mainsoft Wednesday unveiled a suite of tools it says will enable Visual Studio developers to build .Net Web and server applications that can run on Linux or other Java-enabled platforms without writing new code.
A school teacher facing jail time after spyware programs exposed her students to pornographic images has been given a reprieve.
Adware company Zango has lost the first part of its legal battle to stop anti-malware company PC Tools flagging its software as potentially troublesome adware.
Companies that deploy Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista in tandem could see more than a threefold increase in networking performance for file transfers, downloading roaming profiles for mobile users and accessing files on a portal, according to a...
The sale of Avaya is just the latest in an increasing number of private-equity buyouts of technology companies that might not be good things for customers.
Not even the virtual world is safe anymore. Researchers from the University of Nottingham have discovered in a recent study on cyber-bullying that griefing may have negative consequences for users in both Second Life and the real world.
Web 2.0 has come to search engine optimization. Or rather, search engine optimizers have discovered Web 2.0.
Sun Microsystems is reaching for a larger share of the blade server market with Wednesday's launch of new models, including the first-ever Sun blades from its new alliance with chip maker Intel.
In the race to make ever lighter laptop computers, Toshiba is poised to take the lead in the 12-inch screen class with new models coming from June.
ISP and telephony provider Netspace has inked an exclusive distribution deal with Netgear to supply ADSL/ADSL2/2+ modems for its consumer market.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW