Canonical, the company that supports Ubuntu Linux, is trying to work out a deal with hardware vendors such as Dell to make Ubuntu available preinstalled on servers.
Google's AdSense is offering Web publishers who participate in the program the ability to start displaying ad-supported video clips from Google's YouTube on their sites.
Security researchers in the US last week disagreed over how to educate Web users to prevent phishing attacks, but agreed on one thing: most current methods of user education are inadequate.
Google continued its acquisition spree with the purchase of Jaiku, a Finnish company that offers a social-networking service similar to Twitter.
The popular PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) dynamic language continues to attract software heavyweights Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM. Their latest alliances with PHP tools maker Zend Technologies will be highlighted this week at Zend's technical conferenc...
The 2007 Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to two researchers for their discovery of Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR), a sort of nanotechnology that enables more compact disks to be squeezed into laptops, iPods and other such devices.
If the corporate Grim Reaper is truly knocking on the door of The SCO Group, no one seems to have told Darl McBride, the software vendor's president and CEO.
The PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) server-side scripting language is at the heart of a major change in the software industry, with applications reconfigured for Web enablement and users become more involved, Harold Goldberg, CEO of Zend Technologies, s...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer says Red Hat Linux uses intellectual property owned by Microsoft and that Red Hat's customers should pay Microsoft for it.
The biggest long-term impact of Gary Forsee's departure as CEO and chairman of Sprint Nextel could be on the company's huge WiMax wireless broadband initiative called Xohm.
The industry group behind UWB (ultrawideband) high-speed wireless has certified the first UWB chipsets, a move that helps usher in technologies including wireless USB and the next generation of Bluetooth.
Microsoft this week released six security bulletins that patched nine vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Microsoft Word, Outlook Express and SharePoint. But for the second time in two months, it yanked an update at the last minute.
Google said this week that it has acquired Jaiku, which offers a product called Jaiku Mobile, a software application for mobile phones that enables users to post and browse short messages called "jaikus."
A Web site that leaked details of Windows XP Service Pack 3 over the weekend claimed that the update includes several new features, including some borrowed from Windows Vista.
Adam Internet, one of South Australia's leading Internet providers has launched a VoIP service in partnership with ISPhone Australasia.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTHead of ArchitectureNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Analyst - Storage & Backup SystemsNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- FTSystem EngineersVIC
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectSA
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- CCAutomation TesterQLD