Flash memory chipmaker, Spansion, plans to fight mobile phone viruses and data theft with new security technology it puts right into its chips.
Feedback from customers who have bought Samsung Electronics' Q1 device suggests that a pre-launch teaser campaign by Microsoft might have backfired, according to a Samsung executive.
Germany is putting on a good World Cup soccer tournament -- so good in fact that some networking experts wonder whether they'll be able to pull off a similar feat when the championship takes place in South Africa four years from now.
Vonage Holdings this week said it has been served with a lawsuit from Verizon alleging infringement of certain patents relating to VoIP technology.
Yahoo is opening up its IM (instant-messaging) network so that external developers can extend its functionality with new applications.
Microsoft on Monday offered users a few tips on how to avoid falling victim to a critical bug in its Excel spreadsheet software.
After completing a tender process and proof of concept, Sydney-based software company MXL has entered into a $3 million contract with Tasmania's department of education (DoE) for the supply of its .Net-based eMinerva student management system to all ...
Google's Web site hosting service is apparently being used by hackers to try to steal money using a malicious program, a security company said.
Search engine giant Google is nearing completion of a new data center on the banks of the Columbia River in Oregon. But trying to get information about the project is almost as difficult as finding Bigfoot.
Windows Live Messenger, the next-generation version of Microsoft's instant messaging service for consumers, will be available for download in final form right after midnight Tuesday, U.S. Eastern Time.
Nokia and Siemens announced on Monday that they will merge their telecommunications infrastructure units to form Nokia Siemens Networks, the third such combination formed recently and an indication of the growing competitive pressures in the telecom ...
A cross-site scripting flaw in the PayPal Web site allows a new phishing attack to masquerade as a genuine PayPal log-in page with a valid security certificate, according to security researchers.
The digital rights management (DRM) provisions of the federal Attorney General's Department proposed copyright law changes could stifle open source innovation and increase litigation, according to a Sydney lawyer.
McAfee has released a beta version of its next-generation antivirus software, code-named Falcon.
Corporate users who migrate to Exchange 2007 will face mandatory infrastructure changes that, while advancing security and management, could add complexity and costs to their networks.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW