Stepping up its battle against online music piracy, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry announced thousands of new lawsuits against those it suspects of illegal file-sharing.
Skype software compatible with the Symbian mobile phone operating system will hit the market by the end of the year, despite rumors that Skype had halted development of the product, an executive said during the Symbian Smartphone Show in London.
An executive of the Russian song-downloading Web site AllofMP3.com insists his site is legal, despite admitting it has never paid royalties from sales directly to artists.
Australian businesses can expect a massive increase in spam if a US court carries out its threat to shut down the Spamhaus Project which is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization that compiles up-to-date blacklists of known spammers.
The Spamhaus Project has told a U.S. court that it plans to appeal a recent ruling that threatened the volunteer organization with millions of dollars in legal fines and a possible shutdown of database of known spammers.
Intel executives moved to assuage concerns that microprocessor and notebook PC battery shortages might spoil Christmas this year, saying supplies should be sufficient.
Networking gear companies Linksys and D-Link are rolling out new Wi-Fi routers and gear that support the upcoming 802.11n wireless standard. The new hardware, vendors tout, have four times the range and 12 times the throughput of standard 802.11g wir...
The latest release candidate for the new Mozilla Firefox Web browser should be posted for free download early this week, as the project's developers finish last-minute code checks and tie up loose ends.
German media giant Bertelsmann AG has begun crafting plans to develop an entertainment-driven social networking Web site to compete with MySpace and other similar sites, a source familiar with the discussions said Monday.
Google's acquisition of YouTube provides a "tantalizing opportunity" for the search giant to boost its advertising model, but the success of the partnership is far from certain, according to Gartner.
Microsoft is limiting the number of machines to which users can transfer Windows Vista licenses as part of licensing changes the company has made to its Windows client OS.
Microsoft has taken the first step toward addressing complaints made by security vendors, Symantec and McAfee, which had feared that the software giant's upcoming Vista operating system would harm their customers.
Australian telcos are again lagging behind the rest of the world by not offering voice, data and video triple play bundles, according to industry analysts.
Unwired Australia is providing wireless IP optimization tool Venturi Wireless on its customer homepages.
Digital music sales continue to grow, in revenue and as a percentage of overall music sales, according to research from the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCiOS developerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW