InPhase Technologies Inc. is one step closer to bringing holographic storage drives to market. On Wednesday, the company plans to demonstrate the first fully functioning prototype of its Tapestry holographic drive, which the company expects to begin ...
Microsoft Corp. has pulled the plug on a version of Windows XP for Intel Corp.'s Itanium 2 processor. The move marks the end for Itanium 2 in Windows-based workstations and comes after major hardware vendors abandoned the 64-bit chip for use in works...
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Inc. (HGST) is planning to at least double the capacity of its 1-inch Microdrive hard-disk drive within this year, the company said Tuesday as events ahead of the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) began...
A multimedia adapter from Cisco Systems's Linksys Group division will use technology being supported by Intel Corp. and several major home electronics vendors to secure content streaming from a PC to a TV or stereo system.
Nyko Technologies Inc. on Monday announced that it will use this week's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas to introduce a new line of accessories for the iPod and iPod mini, along with a version of its AirFlo gaming controller that works wi...
Online auctioneer eBay Inc. will stop supporting Microsoft Corp.'s .Net Passport identification system by the end of January.
High-end audio cable company Monster Cable Products Inc. has released more information about iCruze, an iPod peripheral that directly connects the MP3 player to your car stereo.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) has developed a low-power chip that it thinks will make portable video players more compelling by reducing the time needed to transfer content to the devices. The company is expected to announce the chip at the Inter...
IBM Corp.'s personal computer business racked up US$965 million in losses between Jan. 1, 2001, and June 30, 2004, the company said last week in a filing to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, detailing the planned sale of the business to Ch...
Cisco Systems Inc. and its employees have donated US$2.5 million for humanitarian relief and reconstruction projects for those affected by the earthquakes and the subsequent tsunamis that ravaged coastlines across South Asia, the company said Thursda...
Sony Corp. has set up a cross-company working group dubbed Connect Company to focus on the digital media market, the U.S. office of the Japanese electronics giant confirmed Thursday.
The company that owns the famed Commodore computer brand has been sold to Yeahronimo Media Ventures Inc., a Beverly Hills, California, digital music distributor.
Victor Co. of Japan Ltd. (JVC) has developed prototype read-only discs that can contain data stored in both the DVD and high-capacity Blu-ray Disc formats. They are the first that are able to contain data in both formats, a company spokeswoman said T...
Asian telecommunication carriers are mobilizing to help those affected by the weekend's devastating earthquakes off Indonesia and subsequent tsunami waves.
Intel Corp. has invested in three companies that it believes will help make home entertainment devices better and easier to use, the company announced Wednesday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Using Watson, IBM and CVS aim to predict when your health is about to decline
- DataTorrent tackles complexity of Hadoop data ingestion
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 30
- Armed with Watson smarts, Pepper aspires to be a robot salesman
- Video gaming sparks excitement in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW