Toshiba will release a desktop PC version of its HD DVD writer next month in a move to boost support for the next-generation optical disc format. The release will follow the launch of a notebook version last year.
They might be impressively small, and fit up to 750GB into a slim body, but Seagate won't be touting its new FreeAgent family of external hard drives for anything as dull as mere file backup.
Although much of the speculation about new product announcements at the upcoming Macworld Conference & Expo centers around video iPods, a possible Apple mobile phone and iTV, business people have their own product wish lists.
Sharp took the wraps off the largest flat-panel TV yet developed on Sunday. The company unveiled a prototype 108-inch TV during a news conference at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Seagate Technology is planning to begin shipping a hard-disk drive with a 1T-byte storage capacity sometime during the first half of 2007, it said Thursday.
Getting digital video from one device to another can be a hassle, but a Massachusetts software company thinks it has the answer.
TDK will unveil prototype 8-centimeter Blu-ray Disc media at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that kicked off on Sunday.
Victor Co. of Japan (JVC) will soon add to its Everio range of hard-disk drive camcorders with a model that can record high-definition (HD) video, it said Sunday at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
Some of the world's largest manufacturers of blank optical-disc media are using the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that began in Las Vegas on Sunday to announce new discs for DVD, Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
At this week's International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Samsung Electronics Co. will unveil a double-sided LCD (liquid crystal display) panel that can show different images on each side.
LG Electronics took a big step on Sunday towards the end of the next-generation DVD format battle with the unveiling of a player and PC drive that support both the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats.
Netgear may be hoping to steal some of Apple Computer's thunder by introducing on Sunday an appliance that lets users play Internet and other digital content on their TVs.
Storage vendors have had a busy start to the year, banding together to promote new flash-embedded drive technology while independently devising plans to cram more capacity into smaller disk drives.
VMware reports strong initial interest in its virtualization software designed to run on the Mac computer platform, but skeptics doubt it will improve Apple's share of the enterprise market.
Microsoft has eliminated four of eight previously announced security patches scheduled to be available to system administrators on Tuesday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC