A group of French developers has released the first version of a Linux distribution intended to ease administration of PC clusters.
Microsoft Corp. Friday will release a near-final version of its Windows Media Player 9 software and announce the availability of a new version of its digital home-movie-making application, which uses the latest Windows Media Video file format.
Microsoft has been in the news a lot recently in the run up to the launch of the Tablet PC on 7 November. But this is only one strand in its drive to get the PC off your desktop, and into every room in your home.
The co-founder of the former Lotus Development and creator of Lotus 1-2-3, the first must-have software spreadsheet application for business computing, is now at work building an open-source personal information manager (PIM) package for the masses.
Microsoft unveiled Wednesday the first technical preview of its .NET Speech Platform and also announced availability of the second beta release of its .NET Speech Software Developer Kit (SDK) at the Speech TEK conference in New York.
Processor shipment market-share numbers may look bad for Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD), but they do not paint the complete picture of the company's third quarter, according to Dean McCarron, principal analyst at Mercury Research Inc., which relea...
Microsoft Corp. is limiting testing of the next release of its Office productivity software to versions of the Windows operating system dating back only to Windows 2000, which could mean the final version of the software won't support older systems.
SuSE Linux AG plans to launch desktop versions of the open source-based Linux operating system early next year, the company said Tuesday at the LinuxWorld Conference & Expo in Frankfurt, Germany.
Microsoft launched its Windows XP Media Center Edition operating system at an event in New York Tuesday, showing the software in PCs from Hewlett-Packard (HP).
Intel expanded its line of components for storage products on Monday, announcing a serial ATA controller, an iSCSI storage adapter and a low-voltage Celeron processor.
RealNetworks Tuesday will release the underlying software code for its open source media player, a move that should allow developers to create free versions of the player to run on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems.
Long the chip of choice for enthusiasts on a budget, Advanced Micro Devices Inc.'s Athlon XP now finds itself in a battle to maintain its status over Intel Corp.'s faster-running Pentium 4, according to vendors of high-performance desktop PCs.
A company that claims to have solved the "last wire" dilemma announced Monday that it is working with Acer Inc. and other manufacturing partners to deliver early next year a pad with a conductive surface that can power computing devices resting on to...
UnitedLinux LLP has completed beta testing of the first release of its open source Linux operating system and is ready to launch the product as planned next month, said company manager Paula Hunter Tuesday at the LinuxWorld Conference and Expo in Fra...
Surveillance capabilities and uses of satellite imaging are being misrepresented in today's media, according to an Australian expert talking at a security conference in Sydney on Tuesday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple delivers another Yosemite beta as WiFi issues persist
- UpCloud bets on storage performance, US datacenter to dent market
- Critical XSS flaws patched in WordPress and popular plug-in
- EU net neutrality legislation under threat from Italian proposals, says rights group
- Molecular flash memory could store massive data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW