An association representing 400 French book publishers has joined La Martiniere Groupe in its lawsuit to stop Google from digitizing books for its Google Book Search service.
A group of laptop vendors and battery manufacturers plans to announce a standard for making safer lithium ion batteries by June 15, 2007, in an attempt to recover from a massive series of battery recalls in recent months.
Beginning early next year, Seagate Technology will begin shipping its first widely available hard drives with built-in encryption.
Not wanting to be left behind by Telstra and Vodafone, Optus has started a field trial of High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) over its 3G network in Canberra and Western Sydney.
Music downloads in India are gaining in popularity, thanks to wider availability of cell phones -- and the thousands of songs produced each year by the country's booming film industry.
Microsoft has turned its accounting suite for small businesses into two separate offerings, one of which users can download for free.
Phishers have found a way to use genuine MySpace.com accounts to trick users into revealing their account information.
The world's fourth-largest PC vendor, Acer, said it won't need to recall any notebook PCs for battery problems related to a Sony production glitch.
Acer is betting users will want to buy smaller desktop PCs this year and next, a boon for a company already specializing in laptops. The company also said it plans to launch a smart phone by the end of this year or early next.
A Hong Kong-based online retailer of computer games consoles and software says it's closing down after losing a lawsuit brought against it in the U.K. by Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI).
As if the laptop battery recall and stumbles towards the launch of the PlayStation 3 weren't enough for it to deal with, Sony said this week that shipments of its PlayStation Portable (PSP) handheld game device are well below expectations.
Google's Blogger has experienced availability problems in recent days, continuing a series of mishaps that began several weeks ago.
As a proposed wireless standard for high-throughput enhancements, 802.11n has been viewed primarily as a consumer technology. However, 802.11n has key applications applicable to the enterprise and is widely expected to drive the next generation of de...
Amazon.com and Dell came out on top in Keynote Systems' rankings of online computer hardware retailers for consistently providing a solid shopping experience.
A Danish court has moved to block consumers from using AllofMP3.com, an online Russian music store accused of selling albums below their market price and cheating artists out of the royalties.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW