Dell wants to rid diskless desktop clients from corporate environments.
For a few minutes during Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's appearance at the Gartner conference in the US, emotionless management-speak gave way to a mother's frustration with the Vista operating system.
Apple-centric sites are offering conflicting reports about whether Leopard, the next version of Mac OS X, has been finished and is being prepared for release later this month.
Google topped global search charts in August, but search engines in China and South Korea are challenging the search company in their own countries, according to Internet research firm comScore.
Google's much-hyped entrance into the office tool market dominated by Microsoft doesn't seem to have worried CEO Steve Ballmer, who dismissed competitors as not "even as good as 'me too'" in an interview Wednesday.
By opening its .NET Framework libraries Microsoft is again responding to the leadership of the Open Source community, according to industry consultants and developers, but remaining on the back foot.
Microsoft is eating its latest brand of dog food, this one is named Windows Server 2008, and so far it says it is quite satisfying.
Rapidly growing telco Gotalk has signed an exclusive agreement with US-based company Safeway to bring the Blackhawk gift card network to Australia.
BitTorrent wants to shake up the way content is streamed online by taking its method for downloading large files and applying it to multimedia streaming.
Start-up Bitkoo has launched an online identity management service that provides authentication and authorization capabilities to corporations that want to secure access to their applications without having to build infrastructure.
Extreme Networks has introduced an entry-level intelligent edge switch, the Summit X150, plus a set of configuration tools to help admins set up scripts to automatically deploy, manage and optimize their switches.
Microsoft has <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-oct.mspx">released</a> six security updates for its products, fixing critical flaws in Word, Outlook Express, Internet Explorer (IE) and the Kodak image viewer that ships ...
MLB.com, the official Web site of Major League Baseball, is one of the high-profile destinations that Microsoft likes to trot out as a user of its new high-definition media player, Silverlight.
A government-funded Taiwanese research institute says it will have phase-change memory products out within three years, while another memory technology to rival DRAM (dynamic RAM), magnetoresistive RAM (MRAM), may be available by the end of 2008.
A glut of DRAM (dynamic RAM) on the market and sluggish demand due to a holiday in China caused the price of the most widely used computer memory chip to fall 25 percent in a matter of weeks, DRAMeXchange Technology reported this week.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg has dropped the price of a G.Skill 32GB RAM kit to $174
- Trojan source code leak poised to spur new online banking attacks
- Microsoft's Surface Book and Surface Studio will ship in more markets
- What's in Samsung's Galaxy S8 and S8+ smartphones?
- Privacy advocates plan to fight Congress' repeal of ISP privacy rules
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTC# / ASP.NET DeveloperSA
- FTRecords Management Adviser - EL1ACT
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProjects Governance Risk SpecialistSA
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- TPFrontend Developer (React)NSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW