EBay is getting into the radio advertising business, becoming a broker of ad spots and on its way to competing with Google, which provides a similar service.
A mobile version of Intel's Core 2 Extreme chip will hit the market during the third quarter in high-end gaming notebooks equipped with Nvidia's SLI graphics system.
Taiwanese hardware maker Asustek Computer is working with Intel on a line of notebook PCs priced as low as US$199, according to one of the chipmaker's top executives.
Acer plans to start selling a Ferrari PDA (personal digital assistant), adding to a line of Ferrari-branded computer gear that already includes notebook PCs and a monitor.
Communications company GOtalk has bought Telstra's international calling cards business Say G'day and Super Buzz as part of a "logical extension" to its business, says GOtalk CEO Steve Picton.
Motherboards that use Intel's 3-series chipsets, codenamed Bearlake, seem to be everywhere at the Computex exhibition -- signalling they will soon find their way to store shelves and hardware makers around the world.
Via Technologies has a knack for making motherboards smaller, and its latest design pushes the boundary of what's possible further than ever before.
Via Technologies has developed an ultraportable notebook reference design that will soon hit European markets.
In a move that could alienate it from a lion's share of free e-mail account holders, Canadian Web host GaltGroup Internet Services has turned its back on Windows Live Hotmail - as well as all the products, services and partners of Hotmail's parent co...
Apple freshened its top-end MacBook Pro laptop line Tuesday with Intel's latest processors and chip set, a.k.a. Santa Rosa, boosted memory to 2GB across the board and launched its first notebooks with LED-backlit screens.
Server makers are showing their first systems based on Advanced Micro Devices's upcoming quad-core Opteron chip, known as Barcelona.
Web sites running Microsoft's Web server software are twice as likely to be hosting malicious code as other Web sites, according to research from Google.
Mozilla is considering adding a tool to Firefox 3.0 that would automatically block Web sites thought to harbor malicious downloads, but the company's security chief refused to spell out details, saying Mozilla is "not ready to talk about the feature....
Network equipment manufacturer Avaya late Monday agreed to a US$8.2 billion cash buyout by private equity firms TPG Capital and Silver Lake Partners, the companies announced.
Salesforce.com and Google announced a strategic global partnership Tuesday, but it wasn't the widely expected tight integration between Google Apps and Salesforce.com's hosted CRM (customer relationship management) software. Instead, the two vendors ...
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
- For cordless VR and more, WiGig may be worth the wait
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC