YouTube said it is ready to discuss copyright issues with some of Japan's largest producers of video content after they complained earlier this month about the amount of their material on the popular video Web site.
An online criminal has offered to sell software that exploits an unpatched bug in Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system, according to security vendor Trend Micro.
They just don't make malware like they used to. Or at least like they did earlier this year.
The iPhone has arrived, but not from Apple.
Opera Software ASA has added a filter that blocks phishing sites to its Web browser software, following the example set by rivals Microsoft and Mozilla.
Google and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) have signed a formal collaboration agreement that calls for Google to help make NASA information readily accessible on the Web.
Hynix has produced the industry's fastest computer memory -- a 800MHz DRAM chip built using the 60nm process and offering 1Gbit capacity. The current fastest memory runs at 667MHz.
Sony plans to launch an online video download service next year, according to reports in both the Financial Times and The Wall Street Journal newspapers.
Japan's Matsushita Electric Industrial (Panasonic) claims it has developed a lithium-ion battery that won't overheat even if a short circuit occurs.
Two NEC desktop computers in Japan have caught fire since late last year and NEC is now offering to replace faulty power units at the root of the problem.
Google announced on Thursday that a domain name search and registration service will be added to its Google Apps for Your Domain offering.
Microsoft's software security team is examining a new flaw in Word but is uncertain when it can release a patch for the vulnerability that opens a gateway for hackers to grab control of a victim's computer.
Symantec customers who have not updated their antivirus software are being targeted by a self-propegating worm, the company said Friday.
Apple has produced another "update" for its AirPort wireless networking system, claiming it improves compatibility between its laptops.
Google has released a customized version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 (IE 7) browser in which Google, not Windows Live Search, is the default search engine.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW