After getting hacked this past weekend, Google's Blogger publishing service suffered an outage on Thursday morning that kept both Blogger.com and the Blogspot hosting service offline for two hours.
Microsoft continues its efforts to inform customers that they can purchase products compatible with Windows Vista as soon as the operating system is available.
Internet experts are worried that a U.S. court decision against antispam black-lister Spamhaus Project could trigger a "constitutional crisis" for the Internet.
Dell on Thursday introduced a range of new consumer electronics products aimed at giving customers more choices for providing a multimedia experience at home.
Intel is blazing a trail from fixed to mobile WiMax with a chip that has just begun shipping in sample quantities.
Microsoft Tuesday published 26 security bulletins related to vulnerabilities in its Windows and Office products, but had network problems that kept it from making the software patches available via Microsoft Update, Automatic Updates, Windows Server ...
Via Technologies is working with two computer makers in the U.K. to offer systems under a program designed to reduce the environmental impact of PCs.
With the release of Office Business Applications (OBA) Reference Application Pack (RAP) this week, Microsoft in essence is acknowledging that they are on to something big in the enterprise market.
Pushing deeper into the market for mobile phone applications, Adobe Systems has agreed to acquire Actimagine, a French developer of video and interactive vector graphics technology.
Behind the scenes in VOIP peering services is Enum, a protocol that translates telephone numbers to related IP addresses. Most VOIP peering services use Enum databases to connect telephone calls from one VOIP network to another and to keep the traffi...
Use of Internet Explorer is continuing to decline at the expense of Mozilla's Firefox, making the imminent launch of IE7 even more vital for Microsoft.
Don't hold your breath for "true" broadband wireless services: They'll be based on handheld devices that don't exist yet and networks that have barely been built, according to speakers at the Broadband World Forum in Paris.
A pair of Princeton University researchers presented a paper this week on a method for sending secret messages over existing public fiber-optic networks.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), said in a statement Wednesday that it does not have the ability or authority to comply with a proposed court order that it suspend the Internet service of the Spamhaus Project. Spamhaus...
Google has integrated its formerly separate spreadsheet and word processing applications, giving them a uniform user interface and a unified document repository.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW