A judge has given final approval to the settlement of a click-fraud lawsuit, despite critics' characterization of the settlement as a slap on the wrist for Google.
PC vendors announced new desktop and workstation PCs following Intel's launch of its "Conroe" Core 2 Duo processor.
Intel has unveiled its new Core 2 Duo processor lineup, increasing the pressure on rival Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). The 10 new dual-core chips promise markedly better performance and greater energy efficiency than Intel's existing products.
Apple Computer's iTunes Music Store added six new shows from Warner Bros. Entertainment, including the first season of the hit show "Friends" and sci-fi series "Babylon 5."
Security vendor McAfee has detected a new piece of malicious software that masquerades as part of the Firefox Internet browser.
Google hopes to help make click fraud more transparent with a new feature that offers advertisers reports of invalid clicks, the search giant said on Tuesday.
An trial began this week in America, in which prosecutors say a man forced a cell phone down a woman's throat but the defense say says the woman swallowed the device on purpose to hide data on whom she had been calling.
Microsoft will deliver the next version of its Internet Explorer (IE) browser to consumers via its Automatic Updates (AU) service, but the company will give enterprises a tool to make corporate desktops bypass the update.
With its acquisition of ATI Technologies, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is hoping to break Intel's "monopoly grip" on the chip market by offering more flexibility to PC makers and moving into emerging markets, according to an AMD executive.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is set to launch its "Rev. F" dual-core Opteron chip on Aug. 15, defending its turf in the server market against Intel.
Intel is planning to launch its "Conroe" chip for desktops this week, triggering a cascade of steep price cuts in the chip market and a raft of new PC designs.
Samsung Electronics has developed a flash memory-based drive that will help users take advantage of features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows Vista operating system to increase performance of their computers.
About 1.8 million people in Japan are active users of file-sharing software, a sharp increase from a year ago, according to a survey by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ), TV broadcasters and other industry groups.
High definition (HD) optical disk drives will probably be integrated into Lenovo notebook lines some time in 2007, claims Lenovo's Arimasa Naitoh, the man responsible for the development of the ThinkPad and Lenovo notebooks.
Maximum upstream speeds in Australia are expected to more than double within the next three months, as Internode finally breaks through a year-long negotiation process with the Australian Communications Industry Forum over ADSL2+ Annex M.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCAgile Coach / Agile Training ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCFull Stack Developer - AngularNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT