Opera Software has not been approached by Google about a possible acquisition, an Opera spokesman said Friday, dismissing rumors that Google is eyeing a takeover of the Norwegian browser company.
Along with the Howard Stern Show, another radio endeavor involving alien life forms is going off the air this week; SETI@Home, a grid supercomputer project for detecting signs of extra terrestrial life from deep space, officially ended Dec. 15.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has dropped its exclusive support for the Blu-ray high-definition DVD recording standard, pledging to support both Blu-ray Disc and a rival standard known as HD-DVD, the company announced Friday.
Google is poised to pay US$1 billion for a 5 percent stake in Time Warner's America Online unit, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday afternoon on its Web site, moments after also reporting that Google and AOL are in exclusive talks related to an ...
Google is helping to extend an open instant messaging protocol so that IM (instant message) applications based on it will have a standard method for multimedia communications.
Low price is still the main driver for international VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol), according to research firm TeleGeography.
iiNet is on track to providing metropolitan Perth and Sydney with ADSL2+ Internet by the end of January.
Unwired's Wireless Card is set to hit stores Boxing Day after the company received favourable response from its staged launch throughout October.
Just in time for the holidays, a worm called Dasher has hit the Internet. The malicious software, which primarily targets Windows 2000 systems, is one of three new attacks targeting Microsoft's software that has emerged in the last 24 hours. Two othe...
Executives of Sharman Networks, operator of the Kazaa peer-to-peer file-sharing system, could face jail time after record companies asked the judge presiding over the trial, Justice Murray Wilcox, to find Sharman leaders in contempt of court.
Google revamped its Web search engine on Thursday to make it easier for users to find music-related content such as lyrics and track listings. It is pushing into an area that has been raising eyebrows among record labels.
Consumers' love of online research and purchasing convenience is fueling online retail sales growth, according to a report released Wednesday by Forrester Research.
Google, Microsoft and Sun Microsystems have set aside their differences long enough to jointly help create an Internet services lab along with researchers at the University of California, Berkeley.
Toshiba will likely delay the commercial launch of its first HD-DVD player because a group in charge of the copy-protection system for the format has yet to complete its work, the company said this week.
Adobe Systems is taking a page from Microsoft's playbook. Next year, the company will begin releasing security patches on a predictable, monthly basis, much as Microsoft has been doing since October 2003.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia