Privately-held software firm FSLogic Inc. is offering to ease the headaches of computer administrators working in shared PC environments such as schools, call centers and Internet cafes by introducing a new product that saves Windows system settings ...
The Mozilla Foundation updated its Mozilla open source Internet suite and added services to its Web site Wednesday, including an option to obtain telephone support.
Dell Inc. formally introduced three versions of the new Axim X3 personal digital assistant (PDA) Wednesday, including a model with an integrated 802.11b wireless chip that costs less than comparable Pocket PC devices.
After announcing changes last week to its process for distributing software patches to customers, Microsoft Corp. released the first of its monthly bulletins on Wednesday, with patches for four critical holes in the Windows operating system and one c...
Many Australian small businesses still use consumer broadband products instead of business plans according to the second installment of the Pacific Internet Broadband Barometer that was recently unveiled.
Microsoft, Italian ISP (Internet service provider) Tiscali SpA and OnDemand Distribution (OD2) are facing a patent infringement lawsuit in a German court over their Western European on-demand music service.
Local Microsoft ISVs and resellers took home a swag of awards from Microsoft’s annual worldwide partner conference, held last week in New Orleans.
Microsoft on Monday launched Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System, extending Visual Studio .Net 2003 and the Microsoft .Net Framework to applications built on the latest versions of Word and Excel, the company said.
MMC Technology, a subsidiary of hard drive maker Maxtor, claims to have found an economical way to transition to perpendicular recording--a disk technology that promises to keep hard drive capacity growing steadily as current recording technology run...
Internet use is still growing fast but so is Internet-based fraud, according to security vendor Verisign, which examined data from its own infrastructure services between August 2002 and August 2003.
Transmeta Corp. hopes software it is developing in conjunction with its new Efficeon microprocessors will address one of the thorniest problems addressing the next generation of computer chips: wasted power.
Security company Finjan Software has warned of a security vulnerability in Microsoft's Hotmail Web-based email service, but Microsoft said that the security hole has already been closed.
IT managers can breathe a little easier in the knowledge that corporate data held or transmitted by hosted ISP services is to be off limits to private investigators under a Cybercrime Code of Practice developed by the Internet Industry Association (I...
Intel on Tuesday posted third-quarter revenue in line with its own heightened expectations, in a hopeful sign that a recovery in the semiconductor industry is underway.
LG Electronics has beaten its own record for the largest prototype Plasma Display Panel (PDP) yet produced with the development of a panel that is 190cm in diagonal width.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 3 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 4 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
- 5 Toshiba Portege Z20t Ultrabook (PT15BA-00500Y)
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW