Microsoft believes a future with more than one open document standard is preferable to a single standard.
Intel is getting ready to launch two major products that will combine the most visible piece of the company's evolving platform strategy, its Centrino mobile brand, with the company's most ambitious effort yet at building the digital home.
Taiwan's Quanta Computer, the world's largest maker of notebook computers, will manufacture an ultra-low-cost laptop developed by Nicholas Negroponte, the chairman of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's (MIT) Media Lab.
Start-up online debit payment firm Centricom has signed a four-year outsourcing deal for contact centre, helpdesk, hosting, product testing and transaction processing from Unisys.
Researchers in Dublin and scientists from Bell Labs will collaborate as part of a government-funded effort to explore new applications for 4G (fourth-generation) mobile phone technology and ways to ensure low-cost service delivery.
Fujitsu Laboratories has reported success in using carbon nanotubes as a heatsink for semiconductor chips. The company turned to the tiny tubes as a potential replacement for metallic heatsinks for amplifiers that will be used in next generation cell...
TDK has begun producing samples of recordable and rewritable Blu-ray Disc bare media for consumer use, the company said Tuesday.
Many Del.icio.us users are fretting over the social bookmarking company's acquisition by Yahoo because they fear the Internet giant will alter their beloved service in ways that would make it unappealing to them.
Only three of Nasdaq Stock Market's 30 developers have expertise in using the native programming language for Microsoft's SQL Server database. So for two major upcoming IT projects, the New York-based exchange hopes to write database code using gener...
Microsoft and MTV have collaborated on a music service called Urge that will be integrated into a forthcoming version of Windows Media Player, the companies said Tuesday.
Microsoft has now fixed a widely reported flaw in its Internet Explorer (IE) browser that had been used by attackers over the past few weeks to take over the PCs of unsuspecting users. The flaw was one of four IE bugs fixed Tuesday in Microsoft's reg...
Looking to expand its share of the growing digital photo services market, Hewlett-Packard (HP) has agreed to buy European online photo prints retailer Pixaco, the companies said Tuesday. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
IT professionals are interested in the additional authentication and security services built into IPv6, the long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol. However, few IT shops have committed to migrating to IPv6 because it ...
Federal Minister for Communications, Information Technology and the Arts, Senator Helen Coonan has called for public submissions to review the Spam Act of 2003.
Computer users who have not upgraded to the latest version of Mozilla's Firefox browser may now have an extra incentive to do, thanks to a hacker going by the name of Aviv Raff.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC