Microsoft's forthcoming digital music player, dubbed Zune, may make some Hebrew speakers gasp. The name for the device -- which will take on the Apple iPod when released later this year -- sounds like a vulgarity, specifically the "f" word, in Hebrew...
Despite its public statements, Microsoft so far has not given security vendors any specifics on its plans to release code that will allow them to work around a kernel protection technology called PatchGuard in the upcoming Vista operating system.
Messaging security vendor Cloudmark on Monday announced a service designed to help ISPs and enterprises catch and clean PCs on their networks that have been infected by zombies.
A new social-networking Web site, aimed at "opinion leaders" in politics and other issues, will launch Thursday with a roster of members including former U.S. President Bill Clinton, U.S. senators John McCain and Hillary Clinton and former Speaker of...
Despite an ongoing legal battle with Channel 9 and its parent company, Publishing and Broadcasting Limited (PBL), digital media company IceTV continues to expand. The company, this week, announced a partnership with German product manufacturer Elgato...
Apple Computer has issued a warning to customers that some of its latest Video iPods have shipped with a Windows virus.
Blogs, blogs, bloggity blog blog. In the midst of your daily IT grind, the constant blog babble may sound tedious. But while they are the latest way for employees to waste time using IT resources, blogging technology also has real potential to help y...
Hackers are developing new software that will help hide browser attack code from some types of security software.
Seagate's and Maxtor's bare drives will service two distinct market segments following a revamp of the companies branding strategy.
Criticized in the past for an initiative that would require the company to collect and catalog personal information about its customers, Microsoft on Wednesday released an internal document about how it protects customers' privacy in the hopes other ...
Stepping up its battle against online music piracy, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry announced thousands of new lawsuits against those it suspects of illegal file-sharing.
Skype software compatible with the Symbian mobile phone operating system will hit the market by the end of the year, despite rumors that Skype had halted development of the product, an executive said during the Symbian Smartphone Show in London.
An executive of the Russian song-downloading Web site AllofMP3.com insists his site is legal, despite admitting it has never paid royalties from sales directly to artists.
Australian businesses can expect a massive increase in spam if a US court carries out its threat to shut down the Spamhaus Project which is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization that compiles up-to-date blacklists of known spammers.
The Spamhaus Project has told a U.S. court that it plans to appeal a recent ruling that threatened the volunteer organization with millions of dollars in legal fines and a possible shutdown of database of known spammers.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia