Dell Computer launched Monday what it says is its smallest desktop computer yet. The OptiPlex SX260 is 50 percent smaller by volume than the company's current OptiPlex machines and comes with an LCD (liquid crystal display) monitor.
The Microsoft .NET platform continues to gain support from enterprise application vendors with Siebel Systems Inc. and Best Software Inc. pledging support in their forthcoming CRM ( customer relationship management) offerings.
Melbourne's Telstra Dome will host what is billed to be the southern hemisphere's biggest gaming LAN on 11 and 12 January, with 1000 gamers and their computers expected for a weekend known as The Big Day In.
Desktop Linux operating system vendors made news last week as Xandros reintroduced the Linux operating system formerly developed by Corel with a release called Xandros Desktop 1.0. Meanwhile, Lindows.com Inc. announced it would ship the final build o...
Active Cool on Monday is launching its AC4G CPU cooling system, a thermo-electric apparatus designed to address the processor heat "crisis," according to the company.
It's not Napster, but Listen.com's Rhapsody subscription music service is adding features that relax some of its tight restrictions on what users can do with their digital tunes. Now, subscribers can burn some songs from the service onto CDs.
Users of online payment service PayPal have again been targeted by scam artists trying to steal their personal data, including name, address, home and work telephone numbers and credit card information.
When researchers at GreyMagic Software discovered a batch of security vulnerabilities in Microsoft's Internet Explorer earlier this month, their first response was to test the vulnerabilities and make sure they were for real. What they did next, howe...
Music companies thinking of distributing copy-protected CDs to protect their content from piracy will likely raise the ire of consumers while lowering their revenue, a new study warns.
Over the last eight months major new hacker tools have been released or revealed, ending a lull in activity among hackers that followed the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and the enactment of legislation that enhanced law enforcement's ability to prosecu...
A trade group made up of Microsoft Corp. competitors has again sent a letter to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) claiming that the software maker is not living up to its end of a proposed settlement deal in its long-running antitrust bout.
Internet search engine company Google Inc. has been discreetly removing over 100 controversial sites from some search result listings on its German and French Web sites, according to a study from Harvard University's Berkman Center.
ATI Technologies Inc. is pushing its lead in the graphics chip market, unveiling a line of mainstream boards that feature the same technology found in higher-end chips but sell for half the price.
Microsoft Corp. has responded to criticism from users and issued a software patch for a major security vulnerability in the Windows XP operating system, reversing an earlier decision to require users to upgrade to Windows XP Service Pack 1 to remove ...
MSN butterflies -- both cardboard cutouts and costumed actors -- dotted the paths around Central Park Thursday as Microsoft Corp. launched the latest version of its MSN Internet service, poised for battle against America Online Inc.'s own recently re...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW