Microsoft plans to integrate F#, a functional programming language developed by the Microsoft Research group, into its Visual Studio application development platform, said S. "Soma" Somasegar, corporate vice president of the Microsoft Developer Divis...
Enterprise IT companies were conspicuously absent from the list of the 10 largest venture capital deals struck during the third quarter, as the growing market for alternative energy and other "clean tech" companies piqued investors' attention.
Network management vendor Opnet announced this week it has acquired Network Physics for US$10 million in a deal that will give Opnet the tools it needs to manage end-to-end application performance.
Juniper Networks' WAN acceleration gear will soon support optimizing SSL traffic, making better use of corporate bandwidth by reducing the amount of bits it takes to transmit SSL traffic across wide-area links.
A trio of British judges has agreed that hacker Gary McKinnon can appeal his extradition order to the U.S. to the House of Lords.
Network monitoring developer Corvil has claimed that its latest devices not only measure network latency and work out where in your network it's coming from, but they then advise on how to reconfigure your switches and routers for best application pe...
Apple has reported strong earnings for its fourth quarter, boosted by record Macintosh computer sales and the shipment of 1.12 million iPhones.
Microsoft has joined with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other development organizations to attack AIDS and other humanitarian problems worldwide, the company announced this week.
Users who logged onto Google's search engine in the San Francisco Bay area on Saturday were treated to a black homepage, and it had nothing to do with Halloween.
IBM's Rational software unit announced that it has awarded grants to three universities for projects that use its open-source Jazz collaboration technology to help developers work together more effectively.
A security vendor that helps protect US military communications has adapted its firewall for use in tanks, Humvees and helicopters to prevent enemies from intercepting IP transmissions on the battlefield.
While the improvements to Mac OS X Leopard desktop are said to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary, the enhancements to Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Server are impressive and include features ordinarily reserved for large enterprises.
Workshare Monday announced an updated version of its content-protection suite, adding a network-monitoring appliance to augment the company's standalone desktop-monitoring software.
Start-up Seanodes is touting technology that congregates the direct-attached disks on x86-based application servers into pools of storage so they can be managed better and achieve higher utilization.
Hackers have hijacked a server operated by Internet advertising company 24/7 Real Media and are using it to seed legitimate Web sites with ads carrying attack code, Symantec said Friday.
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- IBM applies AI to factory QA
- FCC chairman to announce plans to repeal net neutrality
- Webroot deletes Windows files and causes serious problems for users
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistNSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT