Google's Blogger blog publishing and Blogspot blog hosting services went offline earlier Wednesday. Among the organizations affected by this apparently widespread outage was Google itself, which hosts its official company blogs on Blogspot.
IBM has announced Wednesday that it plans to embed unified communications features from the upcoming version of the OpenScape software from Siemens Communications into its Sametime instant messaging software.
The 8-month old Storm Trojan horse may soon come full circle and take up touting Hurricane Dean, the Category 5 storm that slammed into Mexico Tuesday, security researchers said.
Google's recently introduced universal search model represents a major change for the company, a Google official said at the Search Engine Strategies conference in San Jose last Thursday.
YouTube's new online video advertising model may be the right balance between what viewers will tolerate and what advertisers will pay, analysts said Wednesday. If that's the case, it could ultimately justify Google's pricey acquisition of the online...
Knowing that there's a limit to how many cores can be put on a chip, processor designers are looking to a tiled architecture as the next generation of chip design.
One day after its collaborative lovefest with Cisco, Microsoft Tuesday wiped off the lipstick and came out swinging as it introduced a new server designed to let users troubleshoot voice and video problems by monitoring network performance in real ti...
Dell is set to launch its first networked serial-attached iSCSI (SAS) drive array. It will offer up to 6TB of capacity to small and medium enterprise customers and be a SAS alternative to its EMC-supplied AX150i.
Google is mapping its way into blogs and web pages around the world today with the launch of its embedded Google Maps service.
Sony Corp. began a teaser campaign in Japan on Monday for a new audio device called Rolly.
Wal-Mart's <a href="http://downloads.walmart.com/swap/">music download site</a> joins iTunes and others today and now sells digital music downloads with no anticopying software. Wal-Mart DRM-free tracks will be from Universal and EMI Music. Prices st...
It's a natural reaction for me to clench my teeth whenever that James Blunt song comes on my iPod. Yes, in a moment of weakness, caught up in the hype, I downloaded it; and it still lives in my playlists. So how very convenient it'd be if, with a lit...
A fair amount of business users remain oblivious or unconcerned about many of the security issues involved with mobile devices, according to a new study published by Cisco and the National Cyber Security Alliance.
The security backlash against Facebook has taken a new twist with a survey finding that large numbers of employees are now being blocked from accessing it.
The free Web browser-based Zoho office productivity suite is about to become more useful and flexible. Zoho developers are adding capabilities that enable offline editing and storage of Zoho-created documents for PC and Mac users.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW