Fujitsu has made progress in its development of flexible, paper-thin displays that consume very little power.
Nokia has developed a new, short-range wireless technology that it says could improve on some of the shortcomings of Bluetooth.
Web 2.0 is coming to mobile phones, according to Nokia, which has launched a service that allows Java-enabled phone users to choose widgets, or small applications, that can be displayed on their phones.
McAfee top executives went on the offensive Monday against Microsoft, saying Vista will be even less secure for customers than previous versions of Windows.
Microsoft has filed an appeal against the latest antitrust fine imposed on it by the European Commission, a Microsoft spokesman said on Tuesday.
Those curious about what enhancements Google may implement in its search engine should check out a new site called SearchMash.
Parents with children who love to chat on the Internet are familiar with the problem of how to keep their kids safe from online predators.
Acer, the world's fourth-largest PC vendor, is in talks with Sony over joining its voluntary laptop PC battery recall, but said Acer users haven't reported any problems so far.
The Business Software Association of Australia (BSAA) has doubled the potential reward for people who report the use of pirated software within Australian businesses from $5000 to $10,000.
Amazon.com is stripping its A9 search engine of the features that won it praise from experts but earned it little attention from users.
Dell has increased by 100,000 the number of laptop batteries it is recalling due to a potential fire hazard.
Fujitsu will offer owners of some of its laptop computers replacement batteries as part of Sony's global battery exchange program, it said Saturday.
Toshiba is offering to replace a further 830,000 laptop batteries containing cells made by Sony, it said Friday. The offer covers computers sold worldwide and is separate from a similar announcement made by the company a week ago.
The European Commission welcomed moves in the U.S. to free ICANN, the internet domain name manager, from its historic ties to the U.S. government on Monday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW