Consumers aren't willing to pay what Apple may ask for the iPhone but if the price drops they'll switch their mobile service in order to get it, according to results of a survey released Thursday.
Mozilla has released an update to its Firefox browser, fixing a number of security flaws in the product.
EEye Digital Security said it's found the first Office 2007 remote code vulnerability and has alerted Microsoft's bug team.
Following Google's announcement that it would offer an enhanced version of its Google Apps, dubbed Google Apps Premier Edition, the company left no doubt about the direction in which it was heading.
Window Snyder, chief security officer at open source browser maker Mozilla, is caught in the crosshairs of the raging browser vulnerability battle.
The asteroid Apophis, named after an Egyptian god representing darkness and chaos, has, at the moment, a 1-to-45,000 chance of striking Earth in 2036. But those odds will soon change, probably in a good way for mankind, while the hunt for near-Earth ...
If Google executives sound confident that companies will take to the Google Apps Premier Edition package announced this week, it may be because they have been using the applications themselves since at least last October.
Sales growth for x86 servers slowed in the fourth quarter of 2006 as buyers adopted virtualization technology and waited for quad-core processors, according to a Gartner report released Thursday.
A study involving 33 surgeons of varied game-playing backgrounds has revealed that the skills obtained from video games could transfer to a delicate procedure known as laparoscopic surgery.
DVD video and Web-delivered content have converged to give rise to a new breed of interactive murder mystery film and game, Jack Kain. The film, which was officially launched on Thursday, will be delivered in multimedia installments until 7 June.
Researchers are working to develop a computerized lip-reading system that they say could be used to nab loose-lipped crooks.
Avaya said on Thursday that it will develop communications solutions for small business that combine Google's updated Apps Premier Edition suite of Web applications with its own IP telephony technology.
An attack this week that targeted online customers of at least 50 financial institutions in the U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific has been shut down, a security expert said Thursday.
Windows Vista's User Account Control (UAC), a system that Microsoft says makes the new operating system safer from attack, can be spoofed and shouldn't be completely trusted, a Symantec researcher said Thursday.
Eric Raymond, influential developer and co-founder of the Open Source Initiative, has delivered a public rebuke to Red Hat's Fedora project.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC