A collaborative initiative involving several major industry players and law enforcement agencies was formally launched Wednesday in an effort to deal with the growing problem of online phishing scams.
Microsoft has joined the desktop search fray with its release Monday of the beta test version of a suite of tools designed to let users find information stored in their PCs.
An appeals court should throw out a half-billion-dollar patent infringement judgment against Microsoft because a lower court failed to recognize that the Web browsing patent was based on a technology that was not invented by the company awarded the m...
Sony Computer Entertainment's (SCEI) long-awaited PSP (PlayStation Portable) went on sale in Japan Sunday to long lines of people, many of whom had been waiting through the night to buy a unit.
Vodafone Group will start Internet roaming trials this month with Connexion by Boeing, The Boeing Co.'s in-flight broadband Internet service, the companies said Thursday.
Microsoft, Yahoo and Ask Jeeves are all set to jump into the desktop search space, two months after Internet search leader Google offered a test version of a tool that lets users search for information stored on their desktop computers.
Thomson, one of the core backers of the Blu-ray Disc format for high-definition video discs, plans to offer players supporting the rival HD-DVD format and disc duplication services for both formats, it said Friday.
The number of phishing Web sites associated with online identity theft scams grew by 33 percent in November, after dropping off in September and early October, according to data compiled by the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG).
Sun Microsystems on Monday will update its Sun Ray platform with new workstations and server software that company executives believe will give the thin client devices a foothold among home users.
The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday agreed to hear a case focusing on whether peer-to-peer (P-to-P) software vendors should be penalized for unauthorized file trading when their software is used.
A secret command that showed the number of connected users of the Kazaa file-sharing software was demonstrated to Federal Court on Thursday.
The Walt Disney Co. and its Buena Vista Home Entertainment division have thrown their support behind the Blu-Ray high-definition DVD disc format, providing another big name for Blu-Ray backers to attach to their campaign, Disney announced Wednesday.
Laptops should be used as desktops if men want to protect their reproductive health, according to a new study published Thursday.
Security researchers warned this week of a vulnerability in most Web browsers which could potentially allow scammers to launch phishing attacks from pop-up windows on trusted Web sites.
Now that IBM has decided to sell its PC division to China-based Lenovo Group, the company must now try to keep its corporate and government customers -- who helped make IBM the third largest PC vendor in the world -- from moving off of its standard-s...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's buys sales-gamification startup with eye to CRM combo
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, Aug. 3
- China clamps down on exports of drones and supercomputers
- Airbnb guest suspected of stealing $35k from San Francisco home
- Nokia reaches deal to sell Here business to Audi, BMW Group and Daimler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC