Sony is broadening support for the MP3 file format in its portable music player range. It will introduce a new hard disk-based MP3 player in December, and will offer software upgrades for earlier players with hard disk storage so they can play MP3s t...
America Online (AOL) on Tuesday released a preview version of a new Netscape Web browser that is based on the open-source Firefox Web browser, but also supports Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser engine.
Sharman Networks, the company behind the Kazaa peer-to-peer file sharing software, began its defence in a Sydney court room this week against charges by members of the music industry that the company aided music piracy and copyright infringement.
Wireless security specialist AirMagnet believes it can settle a rumbling dispute in the Wi-Fi world, by offering a box that combines two access points with a full-time wireless monitor. The new device, based on multichannel silicon from Engim, could ...
Mobile phones running Symbian's Series 60 operating system are the target of a new strain of the Skulls Trojan horse program. The new Trojan comes with the Cabir.B worm, which, unlike the first version of the virus, can spread to other phones within ...
U.S. universities are struggling with a flare-up of dangerous spyware that can snoop on information encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Experts are warning that the stealthy software, called Marketscore, could be used to intercept a wide rang...
After nearly a decade of absence, Philips is quietly re-entering the PC market in Europe. But this time, the Amsterdam-based electronics giant is not building computers but rather slapping its well-known consumer electronics brand name on machines m...
The group supporting the HD-DVD optical disc format for high-definition video has received a boost in its battle against the rival Blu-ray Disc format with pledges of support from a number of Hollywood studios.
Sharman Networks was able to filter Kazaa to prevent copyright infringement, but instead chose to build a massive user base for advertising revenue, the Federal Court heard on day one of the peer-to-peer provider's widely-anticipated trial.
A controversial new video game that has drawn harsh criticism from both politicians and the general public asks players to test their theories about the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
IAG New Zealand's Endeavour insurance system, which was to have handled the needs of customers of both the State Insurance and NZI brands, has finally been abandoned.
Those wondering what this year's surprise cooperation deal between Microsoft and Sun Microsystems will actually produce should get an update in coming weeks, when the companies detail some of their interoperability work in areas like Web services, di...
A security researcher claims to have crafted a simpler version of an exploit that could compromise a Microsoft Windows system patched with Service Pack 2.
U.K. Prime Minster Tony Blair attempted to quell growing concern over the security of the country's national identity program by threatening jail time for anyone caught tampering with the project's massive database.
Vodafone has received a formal warning from the Australian Communications Authority (ACA) for taking too long to convert users to alternative carriers.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- OPM, Anthem hackers reportedly also breached United Airlines
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC