Toshiba and Tohoku University researchers have found a read head drive technology that could increase areal density five hundred percent. It could mean a 5TB 3.5-inch drive or a 1TB 2-5-inch drive, both by 2013. The highest areal density of any shipp...
The strength of the encryption used now to protect banking and e-commerce transactions on many Web sites may not be effective in as few as five years, a cryptography expert has warned after completing a new distributing-computing achievement.
All the rumors about a Google phone may be just slightly off. Rather than sell a mobile handset, Google might instead offer wireless service.
A year-old deal between Google and Dell produces search results dominated by paid ads instead of the normal links, the founder of OpenDNS said Wednesday as he called the Google tool "spyware" and claimed it degrades users' experiences on the Web.
Windows Vista's official release earlier this year may have distorted PC sales in the last six months, but it is unlikely to accelerate the market overall, a market research firm said Wednesday.
Nvidia is promoting the idea that the graphics processing units (GPUs) it makes can also operate, when needed, as additional CPUs (central processing units) to vastly increase computing power.
EMI -- the music group behind Apple's DRM (digital rights management) free iTunes -- has agreed to be bought by private equity firm Terra Firma for £3.2 billion (AUD$7.69 billion). EMI has been the subject of bid speculation for the past year as its ...
When we last left Guitar Hero, GamePro reported on Activision's plans to release a new installment of the series called Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s.
Former US cyber security tsar Andy Purdy this week warned that globalization, which is driving companies to pursue talent and lower costs around the world, has turned software development into a national security issue.
Tim Berners-Lee has been talking about the <i>next</i> World Wide Web almost since the first World Wide Web, which he's credited with inventing, took off. Indeed, Berners-Lee first articulated his vision for a next generation Web in 1998, when he cal...
Vendors are adding bells and whistles to their wireless LAN products at Interop this week as the industry awaits a new generation of gear that may replace wired LANs entirely.
Three wireless LAN vendors are unveiling at Interop Las Vegas this week enterprise access points that will offer 100Mbps to 200Mbps throughput, shared among the Wi-Fi clients that connect to it.
Apple, which made a <a href="http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/05/15itunes.html" target="_blank">big deal</a> earlier this month about offering Paul McCartney's 25-album catalog to its iTunes music store, was the odd man out Tuesday as most other ...
Microprocessor makers say they can meet demand for greater processing power and energy efficiency with research aired at an industry conference Tuesday in California.
In an unconventional request, some users of Linux and other open-source software are inviting Microsoft to sue them.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
- Big data: The obstacles we’re seeing and how to overcome them
- Privacy groups target kids advertising disguised as YouTube content
- Ex-NSA contractor hoarded two decades' worth of secrets
- Cloud growth continues to be the name of the game for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT