The TurboLinux Wizpy, a multimedia media player that contains a PC-bootable version of the Linux operating system, will go on sale worldwide this month.
U.S. soldiers in South Korea face a tough call on using Internet telephony in the country.
A security researcher warned iTunes customers Thursday that Apple encodes the buyer's account name and e-mail address in the new DRM-free tracks that debuted Wednesday.
Security vendor Akonix Systems has tallied 170 instant-messaging threats so far this year, the company said this month, a 73 percent increase over the same period last year.
The Wall Street Journal's D: All Things Digital conference is winding down, and one of the last major components is Walt Mossberg's interview with Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
Apple's CEO Steve Jobs compared Windows to hell in an on-stage conversation with the Wall Street Journal's personal technology columnist Walt Mossberg at the newspaper's D: All Things Digital conference yesterday.
Although Cisco is one of the first to take part in the Wi-Fi Alliance's branding programme for draft 802.11n, the fast Wi-Fi standard in progress at the IEEE, it's not launching an 802.11n product at the Interop event in Las Vegas.
Nokia will open its first research centre in Asia in partnership with a Chinese university, the company said on Monday.
Yahoo's Chief Technology Officer Farzad Nazem is stepping down.
A Seattle man was arrested Wednesday morning for illegal spamming activities.
Apple Australia's iTunes store is going DRM free with the launch of iTunes Plus, a new and better quality song format that frees users to play music on portable players other than Apple's iPod.
In another move to build out its social networking presence, CBS announced Wednesday that it has acquired Last.fm Ltd., a social network for music fans, for $US280 million in cash.
An acquisition of Avaya by Nortel Networks might help the buyer expand its enterprise telephony business and pare down a crowded industry, but the deal could be tough for customers.
Online photo sharing, storage and creativity Web site Photobucket is being acquired by Fox Interactive Media, a division of media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.
PayPlay takes stand against DRM
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HANNA ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW