In the same week that the Internet's root servers came under sustained attack, Verisign has announced an overhaul of the critical infrastructure on which some of these servers run.
Yahoo has reached a deal with LG Electronics that should see its "Go" mobile platform on the screens of tens of millions of LG cell phone handsets shipped later this year, the two companies said Monday.
China and Russia are the two worst foreign infringers of U.S. software and music copyrights and they should remain on the U.S. government's priority watch list, a group representing the software, music, books and movie industries said Monday.
Active daters are more likely to communicate with their counterpart via text messaging than married couples or those in committed relationships are, a survey conducted by International Communications Research said Monday.
Hewlett-Packard announced Monday a dual-mode smart phone targeted at mobile professionals that allows voice calls and data connections both in Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
Windows Vista's powerful new graphics engine may be one of its hallmark features, but it's engendering complaints from a key segment of potential early adopters: hardcore gamers.
Microsoft said it has boosted the security mechanisms built into its newest mobile phone operating system, responding to the needs of business customers who will use the phones to access sensitive corporate data.
Microsoft and British Telecommunications Monday launched a competition to encourage developers to create "network mashups" that merge telecommunications features like voice and text messaging with Web 2.0 applications like mapping and search. A "mash...
Microsoft Monday unveiled a digital rights management platform designed to protect a wide range of mobile content.
Omnifone wants to put a new face on mobile phone music downloads with its MusicStation service.
Microsoft has released the second beta of a new server aimed at giving users a way to connect and manage Windows Vista PCs, devices and printers in their homes.
Yahoo will soon start to fulfil a promise it made to users several months ago to tie its new Web mail service with its instant messaging application.
A fire that destroyed a single-family home in the U.S. city of Biddeford, Maine last week has been blamed on a Dell laptop that was plugged in and re-charging while sitting on a living room couch.
Google sold advertising to two men who allegedly marketed an application designed to find and download pirated movies online, a business relationship that has angered big movie and TV studios, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
AMD is giving the public an advanced look at how its pending quad-core chip will improve performance and save energy.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW