Reeling from recent layoffs and a slowdown in the growth of worldwide PC sales, Intel has posted profits of $US885 million for the second quarter, less than half of the $US2 billion it earned in the same period last year.
The stock-option backdating scandal slammed into a major high-tech company again Wednesday as memory technology company Rambus said it expects to restate its financial results for 2003 through 2005 and the first quarter of 2006.
eBay matched Wall Street's expectations for revenue and earnings per share in its second quarter, helped by what the company described as solid growth across its entire business.
British Sky Broadcasting Group this week introduced a free broadband service in the U.K., becoming the third operator in the country to market free broadband as part of a bundled offering. But don't expect the same type of offering in Australia.
Sony is expanding its line-up of high-definition camcorders to quickly transition its Japanese sales from standard-definition to HD, the company said Wednesday.
German chip maker Infineon Technologies has designed a core transceiver for a new generation of system-on-chip semiconductors that will allow consumer electronic devices, such as mobile phones and PCs, to send or receive data at high speeds over the ...
Despite the criticism leveled at Microsoft after the recent rollout -- and rollback -- of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), experts say that effort was just the first phase in the company's latest antipiracy effort, dubbed the Genuine Software Initiat...
Microsoft will commit to following the principles of its 2002 antitrust settlement with the U.S. government beyond its end in late 2007, and in some cases, the company will expand upon those requirements, a Microsoft executive said Wednesday.
Yahoo's second-quarter revenue fell short of Wall Street's expectations but the company met the analysts' earnings per share consensus forecast.
Sony will begin selling an after-market Blu-ray Disc drive next month that can be added to existing desktop computers.
Microsoft is evaluating whether to include a new tool for building ASP.Net 2.0-based Web sites in the next major version of Visual Studio, a company representative said on Tuesday.
Watch what you say about your computer: It's getting better at understanding your voice.
Earlier this year Panasonic and Toshiba announced 4GB SDHC cards (SDHC -- Secure Digital High Capacity -- being the next generation of SD flash memory), both of which will be available in the coming months.
Asset and maintenance management software developer, Mainpac, has been named a Microsoft Gold Certified partner in the category of independent software vendor (ISV).
A U.S. judge has ruled that a US$306.9 million damage award to Rambus is unjustifiably high and said that Rambus can either accept a reduced $133.5 million award or go to trial again.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW