Microsoft has partnered with Hughes Network Systems to set up a network of 5,000 kiosks connected by broadband across 200 towns in rural India.
IBM and Lenovo Group has recalled 526,000 Sony batteries for ThinkPad notebooks, becoming the latest vendors to act on fire-prone power sources.
Sony will conduct its own replacement program to address overheating problems that have hit some notebook batteries.
Intel this week said it is offering as much as US$1 million in prizes to the PC designer and maker that builds the most stylish small computer optimized for multimedia use at home.
Intel's Santa Rosa notebook platform will hit the streets in the first half of 2007, bringing improvements in processing power, battery life and wireless connectivity over the current Centrino architecture.
An underground community of Australia's "elite" will meet in Sydney for the fourth annual hacker conference, Ruxcon, this weekend. The two day conference kicks off on Saturday at the University of Technology, Sydney.
The price of games for Sony Computer Entertainment's upcoming PlayStation 3 console is getting a little clearer.
LG.Philips will next week unveil what it says is the world's slimmest cell phone display.
Palm will begin sales of the Treo 750v, a Windows Mobile-based 3G (third-generation) smart phone, next month. The handset is the first Windows-based Treo to be offered in Asia.
Telstra Wholesale has given official word that it has suspended Veridas ADSL services and is giving customers 10 calendar days to transfer services to another supplier.
EBay has upgraded its Shopping.com site with new features designed to make it easier for buyers to browse the popular comparison shopping site.
Vodafone Group will introduce what could be its first mobile phone to carry its own brand exclusively, and not that of the phone manufacturer.
Sony has announced its highest-capacity mid-market format tape, AIT-5.
Microsoft Research showed off a small slice of its futuristic work Tuesday that included user input sensing technology, and graphics technology that morphs still pictures, video and audio into a single display.
Six men have been charged with orchestrating a phishing scheme that targeted AOL users, the U.S. Department of Justice said Wednesday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW