The software title line-up that will be available on Nov. 11 when Sony Computer Entertainment's (SCEI) PlayStation 3 console launches in Japan became a little clearer on Friday.
OK, we've officially lost count of the number of iPod speaker systems out there. And JVC has recently added a slew of new ones to the pot. Most drool-inducing is the NX-PS1 (US$250, available in September), a desktop system consisting of four cubes--...
Considering that the hype levels over the PlayStation 3 and Wii have already been cranked up to 11 it's something of a relief to see that there's still room for the humble handhelds.
After months of playing the waiting game, serious game fans among the general public finally got their hands on Sony Computer Entertainment's Play Station 3 (PS3) at the Tokyo Game Show on Saturday and initial reactions were all favorable.
It's an important weekend for the PlayStation 3 and Wii. With the Tokyo Game Show open to the public gamers get their first chance to play the consoles and the perceptions made here could go a long way to influencing purchasing decisions when they go...
The numbers of visitors to the first day of this year's Tokyo Game Show was well up on last year's first day, organizers said Saturday.
The Sans Internet Storm Center on Friday raised its threat level to <a href="http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1727&isc=48f29c552f8c2d49efa7301d7d8001c7" target="_blank">yellow</a> after observing an increase in the number of Internet-based attem...
Microsoft has released an interim build of Windows Vista to 100,000 Customer Preview Program (CPP) participants. The new build is also available on TechBeta, TechNet, TAP and MSDN.
Future versions of OpenOffice.org will come bundled with Mozilla's Thunderbird email client and Lightning calendar application.
The industry is learning more and more about tricks used by spammers to get their unwanted messages across, as evidenced by a handful of research studies made public this month from university and vendor labs. But even as their tricks are revealed, s...
Microsoft may be waiting until next month to patch a nasty bug in Outlook and Internet Explorer, but security researchers are offering users a more immediate option.
A Lenovo laptop computer that burst into flames at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) last Saturday was most likely the result of a defective Sony battery, according to a Lenovo spokesman.
Google plans to extend the product search capabilities on its main Google.com Web search engine in the fourth quarter, in time for the holiday shopping season.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) kicked off the Tokyo Game Show with a surprise for Japanese consumers: a price cut for the yet-to-be-launched PlayStation 3 console.
Microsoft is removing the beta, or test, tag from Live Search, its next-generation search engine, and making it the underlying search tool at its MSN.com portal.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCiOS developerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA