A lack of standards is holding back awareness of energy-consumption issues in the consumer electronics market, unlike in the business market, according to HP executives.
A little-known capability in Google's search engine has helped security vendor Websense uncover thousands of malicious Web sites as well as several legitimate sites that have been hacked, the company said.
The European Parliament has signed off on a radical new law aimed at curbing pollution from used portable batteries. Manufacturers will also be forced to provide more accurate information about product performance.
Advanced Micro Devices lowered its sales forecast for the second quarter on Thursday due to slower than expected sales of certain laptop and desktop PC microprocessors.
Microsoft's hardware division is developing a slim wireless keyboard that will make it easier for users to access Windows Live services and features in its Windows Vista OS.
Rambus has added another memory chip maker, Toshiba, to the stable of companies finally agreeing to pay a contentious licensing fee for its SDRAM (synchronous dynamic RAM) and DDR (double data rate) SDRAM memory technology.
Recent price cuts by printer vendors have sparked an increase in sales of single function mono laser printers in Q1, according to the latest figures from IDC.
Computer hackers are increasingly tailoring attacks using Trojan horse programs for certain businesses in hopes of filching intellectual property, a new security report released Thursday said.
With online attackers taking advantage of holes in its Office software, Microsoft plans to release seven software patches next week.
Microsoft is reportedly readying an iPod killer set to hit retail shelves in time for the end-of-year holiday shopping season.
U.K. researchers have found a way to use ultraviolet (UV) light instead of furnaces to create the silicon dioxide insulation layer on computer chips, a breakthrough that could lead to big energy savings for chip makers and lower prices for customers.
Following an industry trend toward smaller, more efficient PCs, Apple Computer phased the bulky CRT (cathode ray tube) monitor out of its product line on Wednesday, moving entirely to LCDs (liquid crystal displays).
The founder of Wikipedia, the peer-edited online encyclopedia, has launched a new political wiki site, saying it's "time for politics to become more intelligent."
In a tacit acknowledgment of the OpenDocument Format's (ODF) increased momentum, Microsoft announced Thursday that it will back an open-source project to create software allowing Microsoft Office users to open and save files in ODF.
International Voice over IP (VoIP) companies, Transcom Australasia Pty Ltd and Transcom International Limited, have issued a claim for $3.2 million against Adelaide-based ISP, Chariot Ltd, citing breach of contract.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW