Growth in the global chip market next year will outpace that of 2005, which has already been far better than expected, as spending in telecommunications and IT markets drives chip revenue up 8 percent to more than US$240 billion, market researcher ID...
Dyad Securit on Wednesday posted an advisory about a potentially serious flaw in the open-source scripting language Perl but some security experts say they find the vulnerability unlikely.
Apple has warned that the Mac OS X operating system contains 13 security flaws, some of them highly serious. The company issued a cumulative patch for the bugs on Wednesday.
A researcher has claimed that increased support for RSS (Really Simple Syndication) in browsers could lead to a marked increase in botnet worm attacks.
Microsoft has invited consumers to test the latest beta version of its Windows OneCare Live security service, the company announced late on Tuesday.
Microsoft is accelerating the development of the next version of its Windows client OS and plans to test a feature-complete version by early next year, a lead on the Windows Vista development team said Tuesday.
Software startups at an industry event Tuesday received a clear message from the venture capital community and Microsoft: Do not automatically look to Microsoft as a rainmaker.
The wait is over for the Firefox faithful, as the Mozilla Foundation released the new version of the browser as planned.
Sony is planning to work with Japanese oil company Idemitsu Kosan Co. on the development of luminous materials for future OLED displays, the two companies said Tuesday.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) has added support for RSS (really simple syndication) and Windows Media Audio files to its PlayStation Portable (PSP) with a firmware update available from Tuesday.
Trolltech AS, the maker of application development platforms for Linux devices, on Tuesday released support for voice over Wi-Fi in its Qtopia Phone Edition 2.2 software.
Google has added a corporate finance specialist with deep ties to the entertainment industry to its board of directors, the company announced Tuesday.
Hardware manufacturer Dell is piloting a free PC recycling service in Sydney and Melbourne as of next month.
After a host of test releases and one false start, a new version of the Firefox browser will be ready on Tuesday, according to a media alert issued by the Mozilla Foundation.
China Shanghai Oriental Pearl (Group), which specializes in television and radio transmission services, plans to introduce a TV broadcast service for mobile phones during the second half of next year, a company official said Monday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCOrganisational Change AnalystQLD
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT