The annual technical conference for the open source KDE desktop project, known as aKademy, will have a special buzz this year as developers from around the world prepare the fourth-generation release which promises all the glitz of Windows Vista and ...
The war over who owns the virtualized server is split evenly between three different groups, according to a Computerworld online poll.
A US judge has said she will probably defer to an agreement on desktop search forged between Microsoft and the plaintiffs in the US government's antitrust lawsuit against the software vendor, instead of responding to a complaint from rival, Google.
Google has introduced a program to help nonprofit organizations use its Google Earth satellite mapping program to build Web-based applications that illustrate their mission and advocate their work.
Just weeks after unveiling offline capabilities to its Google Apps collection of services, the company Monday added a mail migration feature that lets corporate users transfer existing mail to the online platform.
What do whale-feces researchers, hazmat divers and employees of Microsoft's Security Response Center have in common? They all made Popular Science magazine's 2007 <a href="http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/0203101256a23110vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd....
When Apple launches the iPhone in the US on Friday, it is set to get a jump on its competitors and spark a flurry of new phone designs, regardless of how well the device actually sells.
Spammers and scammers know how to work the mind games that make even the most sophisticated and skeptical computer users fall for their tricks, a researcher said in a just-released report.
German chipmaker, Infineon Technologies, has agreed to buy Texas Instruments' DSL Customer Premises Equipment, the companies said. They did not disclose the value of the deal or answer other questions, such as possible layoffs or how the new business...
A new Internet application launched Tuesday allows Australian broadband users to video chat with one another for free.
Motorola on Monday announced a new version of the wireless messaging product it obtained in its recent acquisition of Good Technology.
Google has escalated its antitrust battle with Microsoft by questioning its rival's promised changes to Windows Vista search and asking a US federal judge to extend oversight to make sure Microsoft follows through.
Sophos last week announced a version of its endpoint antivirus software that adds new threat-protection and administration features.
The Wi-Fi Alliance has launched the action phase of its plan to get faster wireless networking products into the market, kicking off certification testing of gear based on a draft version of the IEEE 802.11n standard.
The diminutive 8-inch-square and 1-inch-high Apple TV works a like a charm and is a cinch to set up. Just plug everything in, note the five-digit code that it displays on the TV screen, and enter that number into iTunes on your computer. Things get a...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTPerformance TesterWA
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++SA
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCGIS ConsultantACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC