3G femtocells, which promise to deliver indoor coverage and cheap service for 3G networks, are a step closer, thanks to a base station built using chips designed for mass-market handsets.
In the first half of 2007, corporate venture-capital groups -- those that are part of a larger corporation, not a private firm -- invested in start-up companies at levels rivaling those reached in 2001.
Hewlett-Packard says it's delaying the release of its HP MediaSmart Home Server by possibly months to give Microsoft more time to fix and make small improvements to the Windows Home Server operating system.
The world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, which assembles gadgets from Apple iPods to Sony PlayStation 3 consoles and Nokia handsets, became the latest company to announce a high tech investment in Vietnam, with plans to spend a massive ...
Last week, it was a webcam flaw in Yahoo Messenger that could leave you vulnerable to attack if you clicked a link to a malicious video conversation invitation. Now, researchers have found a similar hole in Microsoft's MSN Messenger.
US government antitrust regulators have asked Intel and STMicroelectronics NV to provide more information about their plan to spin off their flash memory unit into a new company, the vendors said Thursday.
Supporters of the Blu-ray Disc format came to Berlin armed with key announcements to underscore their commitment to the next-generation movie disc.
As it trumpeted news of Vista SP1's scheduled release Wednesday, Microsoft Corp. also quietly said it would delay Windows Server 2008, the next version of its server operating system.
IBM announced an upgraded version of its blade server based on the Cell processor on Wednesday, adding memory and data throughput for better performance on high-end applications such as graphics and finance.
Just two weeks after revealing that some employees had falsified corporate revenue to meet earnings targets, Dell reported a profit of US$733 million (AU$897.8 million) for its fiscal 2008 second quarter, up 46 percent from its mark of US$502 million...
Sun Microsystems has ambitious plans for the commercial and open-source versions of its Solaris operating system, hoping to achieve for Solaris the kind of ubiquity already enjoyed by Java. To come close to reaching that goal, Sun needs to reach out ...
By 2012, Linux will be running on nearly 31 percent of all smart devices, thanks to a growth rate faster than Windows Mobile and Symbian, according to predictions from a research firm.
U.S. companies trying to figure out how to deal with the proliferating use at work of social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Bebo may want to check the advice released Thursday by Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC).
Advanced Micro Devices wants developers to start thinking about how they can speed up their software using new instructions that will appear in the company's processors from 2009. The additions could simplify the way developers code the iterative cal...
Despite generating a hefty media buzz, social networking sites like MySpace.com and YouTube have not yet figured out how to use that publicity to generate significant advertising revenue, according to a report released this week by IDC.
With a wide variety of digital devices available at our finger tips today, more and more people are suffering from eyestrain. Find out how Essilor Eyezen™ can help keep your sight safe and remove eye fatigue.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here’s how the US government can bolster cybersecurity
- This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- SAP license fees are due even for indirect users, UK court says
- Computer crashed? You could blame forces beyond our solar system
- Insecure Android apps put connected cars at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital - Full Stack developer contract role - CollingwoodVIC
- TPFunctional Business AnalystQLD
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPData AnalystWA
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW