Motorola announced the Razr2 mobile phone and five other mobile devices on Tuesday with hopes the products will turn around the company's slumping sales and defend its turf from Apple's iPhone.
IBM Tuesday opened a virtual business center at <a href="http://www.secondlife.com/" target="_blank">Second Life</a> that will be staffed by IBM sales representatives from around the world.
Efforts to curb software piracy in China are bearing fruit although the piracy rate remains high, costing vendors billions of dollars in lost revenue, according to a survey paid for by large vendors, including Apple Inc. and Microsoft Corp.
Attorneys general from US eight states want MySpace to turn over the names of potentially thousands of registered sex offenders who may be members of its popular social networking site.
Microsoft responded Monday to discussion of Windows Vista's over-hearty battery appetite by acknowledging that the new operating system's fancy graphics use more power. But it downplayed the impact of the UI's power needs.
Network Appliance on Monday introduced deduplication for all types of file data rather than just backup data.
Nuance Communications has agreed to buy VoiceSignal Technologies for about US$293 million, hoping to help users control mobile devices by voice.
Mozilla's Firefox browser will probably abandon support for older distributions of Linux, a company executive has said.
Sun Microsystems, in its continual rollout of processors from its new Microelectronics division, is making a multithreaded chip for various embedded and mobile devices.
The online sales market is expected to jump by 18 percent this year to US$259 billion, according to a report released Monday by Forrester Research.
Microsoft's aim to seek patent royalties from open-source distributors and users may be an attempt to use legal threats to deflect attention from larger questions surrounding its business, including lack of interest in new versions of core products a...
A U.S. Department of Justice crackdown on online piracy has recorded its 50th felony conviction, the agency announced.
Users of the open-source Samba software are being urged to patch their code following the discovery of a critical bug in the file-and-print software.
A new and unusually sophisticated application for controlling and monitoring botnet PCs has been discovered by security company Panda Software.
Apple's for-pay video download business on iTunes and its Apple TV set-top box are "dead ends," a researcher said Monday, because U.S. television and cable networks will quickly shift their creative products to free ad-supported streaming.
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA