Amazon this week unveiled a new service level agreement (SLA) that it said guarantees that customers using its hosted Simple Storage Service (S3) will receive at least 99.9 percent uptime each month.
By developing a version of its open source desktop Firefox Web browser to run on mobile devices, Mozilla hopes to break the hold some handset makers and carriers have on what mobile applications consumers can use, an executive of the company says.
After several months of claiming that fixing a critical flaw was not its job, Microsoft reversed direction yesterday and acknowledged a bug in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 that could let attackers hijack machines.
Online auction house eBay has added new social networking communities to its site in an effort to provide new ways to connect buyers and sellers.
Security researchers spotted an attack this week that exploits a vulnerability in Microsoft Word patched just days before.
If you've ever wanted to travel to Paris, but just never got around to it, you can now use the Google Earth software tool and watch a sunset filmed from the top floor of the Eiffel Tower, or view video clips of other popular spots in the City of Ligh...
Given a level playing field, can anyone unseat Microsoft as the king of productivity applications? This is just one of many questions numerous companies, from Google to IBM to Sun, are trying to answer as they cram more and more capabilities into riv...
Trend Micro has released it's 2008 Internet security suite, comprising three separate offerings aimed at various levels of Internet usage.
ADSL broadband will be switched on in 211 regional exchanges under a fund allocation from the government's $163 million Australian Broadband Guarantee.
Storage virtualisation vendor, DataCore, has undertaken a local channel revamp.
Trading of shares in Sony Financial Holdings, the financial arm of Sony, began on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Thursday morning as the company completed Japan's largest initial public offering of the year to-date.
Australia's MIPI (Music Industry Piracy Investigations) is pressuring local ISPs to shut down customers illegally downloading music following the successful trial of a woman in the US by the RIAA for music sharing which resulted in a $US220,000 ($AU2...
A new service has been launched, called PocketSchool, which helps busy people learn a new language without needing to take the time to sit down with a textbook or CD.
Makers of 10G Ethernet products came away from a recent University of New Hampshire Interoperability Lab plug fest with results they think will boost acceptance of the technology in corporate networks.
Phishing attacks that harvest credit card numbers or divert online contributions to an opponent's campaign pose the most danger to the Web operations of 2008's presidential candidates, a security researcher said.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPSoftware Asset ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD