Microsoft Wednesday said that an entry-level edition of its Visual Studio tools will remain free and available for use without restrictions for developers.
Microsoft has released for free public download beta 2 of Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP. This latest version of Microsoft's next browser has few visible changes from the beta 2 preview edition posted on March 20.
A jury has found that Hynix Semiconductor violated a series of Rambus patents and awarded Rambus US$306.5 million in damages.
A group of self-titled "political activists" in Massachusetts has started an aggressive campaign to get browser users to switch from Microsoft's Internet Explorer to Mozilla's Firefox.
Newly formed VoIP provider, Clarinet, has lowered its fixed-line call rates to mobiles for its all-you-can-eat plans, in an effort to make its presence felt in the residential market.
A greenfield site in South Australia is edging towards becoming the location du jour for Australia's most innovative broadband services.
Novell has published a second release candidate (RC) of its landmark Suse Linux 10.1 release, following weeks of delays.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. (Panasonic) plans to begin selling a Blu-ray Disc drive in Japan in June for use in desktop computers, the company said Friday.
Some Chinese Internet users aren't happy with Google's recently announced Chinese name, and they've started an online petition to express their displeasure.
A version of Adobe Systems's flagship Photoshop software that will run on Mac computers based on either the legacy PowerPC or new Intel platform will be available in the first half of next year, the company's CEO said Friday.
In search of ways to make its mobile phones better networked and easier to use, Nokia has unveiled a lab where it will collaborate with academic researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge.
A new alliance headed by EMC's VMware division hopes to make it easier to deploy virtualised desktops in the enterprise and make bulky, unmanageable standalone PCs a thing of the past.
Hewlett-Packard is recalling 15,700 notebook batteries after reports that they overheated, causing minor property damage and, in one instance, a minor burn injury.
Google's recent launch of a product-listings service with an online payment system has eBay on red alert and seeking to defend itself through partnerships with Yahoo or Microsoft, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.
Industry experts are split on the wisdom of the alliance eBay is reportedly seeking to form with Microsoft or Yahoo to combat Google.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW