Could it be true? A representative of chipmaker Alereon told me recently that products using the long-awaited, much-delayed, oft-embattled Wireless USB standard will be released next month. And I may be a sucker, but I believe him.
The desktop unit that is part of Hewlett-Packard's PC blade system is about the size of a thick hardcover book, and it might be mistaken for a modernist vase if not for the various ports for connecting thumb drives and other USB devices. The device i...
YouTube is again being used to distribute malware, this time a variant of the nuisance Zlob adware.
An operational error during routine system testing of United Air Lines's computer system was the preliminary root cause of a computer failure that forced the airline to cancel and delay U.S. flights yesterday, a United spokeswoman said. The failure w...
Despite an upsurge in open-source and hosted competitors, IBM's Lotus Notes corporate e-mail client software and Domino e-mail server is expected to maintain its second banana status behind Microsoft Outlook and Exchange through at least 2011.
IBM unveiled a website and IT security software application Thursday as part of its effort to compete with HP and Sun Microsystems for customers in the fast-growing small and medium business sector.
Hackers have begun circulating a PHP exploit embedding it in a seemingly harmless GIF image, according to security researchers.
Palo Alto Networks is a start-up with a big goal: replacing traditional network-layer perimeter firewalls altogether.
The U.S. Department of Defense took an estimated 1,500 computers offline Wednesday after a security breach within the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
HP on Tuesday announced a new appliance, software and services to protect data on HP servers and storage for regulatory compliance.
Yahoo Thursday said it has signed a deal to acquire <a href="http://www.rivals.com" target="_blank">Rivals.com</a>, an online site for college and high school sports and recruiting information. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The beta build of Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" that Apple handed out to developers June 11 at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) has leaked to the Internet and is being downloaded by users of PirateBay, the Swedish torrent tracker.
ISP Dodo Australia is offering "free" ADSL2+ connections coupled with a complimentary 150MB of download data per month when customers sign up for a Dodo telephone service. That is of course if customers are willing to fork out 18 cents for each megab...
The telecommunications and Internet industries are entering their second phase of growth and reinvention, brought about by collaboration and Web 2.0 technologies, Cisco CEO John Chambers proclaimed at the NXTcomm conference in Chicago this week.
Today, the 'Father of PlayStation' officially stepped down from his position as Chairman, Group CEO and Representative Director of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. His retirement comes at a troubled time for SCEI, which has suffered losses due to Pla...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTSenior Manager AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCService Desk OfficerQLD
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW