The Australian IT job market has boomed in the last year with Java, Oracle and Unix experts topping the most-wanted list, according to the latest Ambit study.
Spansion, the flash memory joint venture between Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Fujitsu, unveiled two products that introduce a new design into Spansion's lineup and expand the density of its current products, the company said Tuesday.
Australia may be increasing its broadband penetration, but it is falling behind Scandinavia in the information revolution, according to new research from analyst group IDC.
Infineon Technologies and Samsung Electronics have each responded to demand for higher-capacity smart-card chips with two new semiconductor designs.
Embedded Linux distributor MontaVista Software and Japanese chip-maker NEC Electronics have signed a deal that will see NEC Electronics resell Montavista Linux to its microprocessor customers along with custom middleware and support services, they an...
Samsung has unveiled a range of notebooks, signalling its entry into the local laptop market. It also confirmed Ingram Micro, Tech Pacific and Westan as its distributors.
Multimedia device vendor Creative Labs has claimed the industry's first discount deals with music e-tailers in the growing local market for digital downloads.
In the face of growing competition from Linux, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer delivered a four-page memo to customers on Wednesday outlining the economic and security advantages Windows has over Linux, the potential dangers of open source involving inde...
MySQL on Wednesday announced general availability of Version 4.1 of its MySQL open source database, which the company is positioning as production-ready for large-scale enterprise usage.
Computer Associates International plans to widen the field for open source alternatives to commercial databases with the general release of the Ingres r3 database on the Linux and Windows platforms.
Although Microsoft still dominates the Web browser space, its Internet Explorer continues to lose market share to open-source rival Mozilla.
U.S. voters calling in to a toll-free number had reported more than 1,100 separate incidents of problems with electronic voting machines and other voting technologies by late Tuesday during the nationwide election.
Reports of problems with electronic voting technology cropped up across the US Tuesday, including the key states of Pennsylvania and Ohio, as millions of US citizens flooded polling places for the country's presidential election.
Nokia introduced a new handset with organizer functions and a wide, touch-sensitive screen on Tuesday, opening the door for it to compete in the personal digital assistant (PDA) market.
Cisco Systems is looking to grab a chunk of the customer premises equipment market when converged IP residential services catch on and demand blooms for multifunction home appliances, the company's home-gear president says.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ISP argues net neutrality rules violate its right to block content
- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC