Lenovo today announced the company is in discussions with an independent third party to acquire Packard Bell.
The world's third largest PC vendor hopes to strengthen its position among European consumers by acquiring Packard Bell BV, a top executive said Wednesday.
Microsoft's newest OS, Vista, has been relegated to waterboy status at the 2008 Olympic Games, while wireless networking won't even play a supporting role in Beijing.
Search-engine providers have begun to compete with each other on privacy protections, but the U.S. still needs to adopt a national privacy law, says a report from the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT).
Instead of delivering on its data center power-efficiency work, the Green Grid has announced nine more studies and has committed to delivering them by the end of the year. The job of producing usable power-efficiency metrics is proving difficult.
The International Finance Corp., the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, has approved a US$32.5 million investment in the East Africa Submarine cable system (EASSY) project, designed to connect 21 African countries to each other and the rest ...
Microsoft Tuesday released the two Windows Vista updates that had leaked to the Internet at the end of July, but won't say when it will begin pushing them to users via Windows Update.
Readers of Google's <a href="http://googlecustomsearch.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Custom Search Blog</a> were handed a bit of a surprise Tuesday when the Web site was temporarily removed from the blogosphere and hijacked by someone unaffiliated w...
Following up on its Spring 07 announcement that <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/21/Dell-Linux-machines-to-debut-Thursday_1.html">it will ship Inspiron notebook and desktops with the Linux OS</a>, Dell chose the <a href="http://www.inf...
Joining the trend of providing security technology as a service, Proofpoint on Tuesday announced a hosted version of its messaging-security offering.
Sales of PDAs continued a steep decline in the second quarter, as struggling vendors shipped 719,000 units worldwide, down from 1.26 million last year, according to a market research report released Wednesday.
Web scammers are turning to online property forums to collect personal information about users for later attempts to swindle them out of money, according to a security researcher.
Microsoft dropped the price of the Xbox 360 on Tuesday to coincide with the release of Madden NFL 08. Effective Wednesday, Xbox 360 premium will sell for US$349, the Core model for US$279, and the Elite model with larger hard drive for US$449.
Industry analyst Micheal Pachter predicted on Tuesday that Sony will likely drop the price of the PS3 for a second time in early 2008 to coincide with the release of Grand Theft Auto 4. The news comes on the same day Microsoft formally dropped the pr...
A massive spam blast that started Tuesday is still in progress and shows no sign of abating, a security company said.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- Google wants to bring smart tools to Raspberry Pi-like boards
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- China goes after unauthorised VPN access from local ISPs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW