Wave your cell phone at a Coke machine, hit a couple of keypad keys, and moments later an ice-cold beverage tumbles into your hand. Lack of loose change (or a credit card) becomes no barrier to the pause that refreshes.
Apple yesterday updated Boot Camp, the still-in-beta application that lets Mac users run Windows on Intel-powered machines, to support Vista, Microsoft's newest operating system.
In what has become an annual Silicon Valley ritual, leading venture capitalists have made their predictions about which technologies will thrive and which will take a dive in the near future.
Firefox's success in chipping away at Internet Explorer's (IE) majority Web browser market share has slowed since Microsoft began pushing the new IE7 as an automatic update to Windows users last year, a management consulting firm said Wednesday.
Microsoft confirmed Thursday that Windows, including Vista, contains a critical unpatched vulnerability that can be used by attackers to usurp PCs when users surf to malicious sites.
For economic reasons, most of the components created for the One Laptop Per Child project's US$100 notebook computer are innovations on tried-and-true tech, not state-of-the-art. That is, except for one aspect of the device: how the laptop generates ...
Easter is usually a time when people are seen gorging on chocolate eggs, but Spin Internet has another idea: it's letting customer gorge on six months free ADSL2+ when they sign a 24 month contract with a Spin phone bundle.
An internal investigation at Dell has found evidence of misconduct and accounting errors, forcing the company to delay filing its annual earnings report with stock market regulators, it said Thursday after the U.S. stock market closed.
Intel will begin producing its next-generation Penryn processors by the end of 2007, using greater power efficiency to push improved Core 2 and Xeon chips to speeds over 3GHz.
Microsoft Tuesday released several fixes for Windows Vista bugs, including one involving the ubiquitous iPod music player that Apple didn't fix in an iTunes update three weeks ago.
Yahoo is opening up its Web mail platform to external developers, so that they can create plug-ins, utilities and applications for the popular Yahoo Mail service
Internet telephony giant Skype has signalled its plans to go after more of the business market by integrating with enterprise-grade VoIP and PABX systems.
While the vast majority of networks today are based on the IPv4 protocol, the U.S. government is mandating that defence and civilian agencies are ready to accept IPv6-based traffic as well by June 2008. Those guiding the effort know the transition wo...
Thanks to requests by its customers, Dell is going to start offering Linux pre-installed on its PCs and notebooks, the company said Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard is adding new entry-level hardware to a product line aimed at buyers in emerging global markets as well as small-to-medium sized businesses.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
- The Yahoo hackers weren't state-sponsored, a security firm says
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT