One day after hackers released malicious software that used controversial Sony BMG Music Entertainment copy-protection software to attack computers, Sony has decided to stop shipping the product, the company said Friday.
The use of instant messaging in the U.S., for both work and play, is up 19 percent over last year, according to an Instant Messaging Trends survey released Thursday by America Online, which makes AOL Instant Messenger software.
Google has finished the test phase of its Personalized Search service, which tailors a user's query results based on the user's previous searches, the California company announced Thursday.
Dell's third-quarter revenue and earnings came in short of the company's original expectations, as it had warned last week.
An almost 2-year-old patent application from Google has drawn attention this week because it details a system to help individuals advertise products and services online, which some view as another sign that Google plans to enter the online classified...
NEC Electronics and Toshiba, two of Japan's biggest chip makers, have decided to work together on a future generation of semiconductor manufacturing technology, they said Wednesday.
A Trojan horse program has been discovered that hooks into Sony's controversial DRM copy protection software to hide itself on any PC it infects.
Bill Gates has backed a sweeping plan to reshape Microsoft's development efforts to adapt to the threats and opportunities presented by the rapid growth of new Internet-based services.
Google's enterprise unit was recently entrusted with the business versions of the snazzy Google Earth mapping products, and executives are already discussing ways to integrate them with the company's enterprise search products, according to a Google ...
Microsoft will issue service packs next year for both Visual Studio 2003 and Visual Studio 2005, its package of tools for developers.
A leaked memo from Bill Gates to top Microsoft executives says that the company is facing its biggest challenge in the current "services wave" - online services such as those developed by the likes of Google and Research In Motion.
IBM and Sony have released a software developer's kit intended to help developers write games and other software for future products based on the multicore Cell processor, the companies announced Wednesday.
A Florida court has ordered a Florida, private investigation agency to stop gathering confidential information on Verizon Wireless customers, Verizon said Wednesday. The telecommunications company sued the agency, called Global Information Group, in ...
Coles Myer has dumped its poor performing Megamart furniture and electrical chain, striking a deal to divest six of the nine stores to mass merchant, Harvey Norman. The group will close the remaining three locations on Sunday.
Nikon has announced that some of the rechargeable Li-ion Batteries used in its Digital SLR cameras may overheat and catch fire, and has issued a worldwide recall and replacement.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCData AnalystNSW