On the verge of the release of Windows Vista, Microsoft is already accepting orders for features to go in the OS's first service pack.
Apple Inc. could face legal action by the Norwegian government in March if the U.S. company refuses to unlock its iTunes online music store from its iPod media player.
Scientists claim to be able to attach an image to a photon and retrieve it later.
In a move to generate more buzz -- and bucks -- for its Live mobile phone portal, Vodafone Group is poised to launch a "Web 2.0" service that allows customers to upload and view their own videos.
Google has dusted the cobwebs off its Groups discussion forum service with a redesigned interface and new features like the ability to create and edit Web pages and upload and share files.
Beset by sinking prices for microprocessors and the cost of acquiring graphics chip company ATI, AMD has reported a fourth-quarter loss of $US574 million, down from a profit of $US96 million for the same quarter last year.
Yahoo exceeded Wall Street's revenue and earnings expectations in its fourth quarter, as the embattled Web portal begins 2007 with high hopes for its revamped advertising platform and recent reorganization.
Microsoft will begin the international roll-out of its consumer security software on Jan. 30 when it releases a new version of Windows Live OneCare in the U.S. and 16 other countries.
Families with new high definition (HD) video camcorders and news anchors being broadcast in HD have already discovered just how revealing the picture quality is.
A software engineer in Australia has said he was offered payment by Microsoft to edit certain entries in the Wikipedia online dictionary, opening a heated debate about the ethics of such a move.
Rivals Microsoft and OpenOffice.org on Tuesday both released toolkits that support building applications for their competing document file formats and productivity suites.
Visitors to the German Web site of Google were met with a strange sight early Tuesday morning: gone was the Google logo, replaced by the name of a local Internet service provider with the message that no content was available for the domain.
Microsoft has announced a new codename for the Windows OS that will follow the yet-to-ship Vista: "Vienna."
After much debate and a lot of contention among the overall IEEE membership, the all-important IEEE 802.11n working group has given its stamp of approval to the next draft version of the specification.
As far back as 2003, Microsoft considered introducing its own rival to the iPod or seeking a partnership with Apple, according to evidence introduced Friday at a Microsoft antitrust trial in Iowa.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Reporting Project OfficerACT
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia