The two leading backers of rival next-generation HD (high-definition) optical disc standards, Sony and Toshiba, are actively discussing the possibility of a single format, an industry source said Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday introduced the fist six models of its Opteron microprocessor to feature two processing engines, or cores, on a single chip.
Users who routinely can't find Web sites they previously located using Google's search engine are getting some help from the company.
A new use of technology aims to take away the cost barrier to wireless adoption by using existing GSM networks.
Borland Software on Monday upgraded its Together modeling suite for Microsoft Visual Studio .Net development. The suite now includes UML 2.0 capabilities.
The growing number of electronics devices using OLED (organic light emitting diode) displays shows that, after years of promise, the technology is finding a home in more and more products. But while OLED displays might challenge LCDs (liquid crystal ...
MCI will acquire Interactive Content Factory (ICF) and its digital video editing software under an agreement with TWI and its parent company IMG Worldwide, the companies announced Tuesday.
A dispute between a prominent open-source developer and the maker of the software used to manage Linux kernel development has forced Linux creator Linus Torvalds to embark on a new software project of his own, in addition to the Linux kernel.
Sprint sees many new opportunities emerging in mobile data services in the coming years, among them the chance to sell advertising on its mobile entertainment offerings, a company executive told a wireless conference on Tuesday.
Internet browser company Opera Software has added features for tighter security and the ability to surf the Web with voice commands in the latest version of its browser, Opera 8 for Windows and Linux, launched Tuesday.
Yahoo topped financial analysts' earnings and revenue forecasts for its first quarter of 2005, the provider of online content and services said Tuesday.
Open source productivity suite OpenOffice.org may be touted as a viable alternative to Microsoft Office, but there are claims its pace of development and adoption of new features is being stifled by a "monolithic" code base and a developer community ...
Recent comments by Sony executives have raised consumer hopes of a truce in the next-generation optical video disc battle between Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD. But closer questioning of companies on both sides points to no significant change in their posi...
A wave of anti-Japanese protests that has swept through Chinese cities over the last two weeks has yet to have any measurable effect on sales of Japanese consumer electronics goods in the country, some of the major Japanese companies active in China ...
First-quarter profit at Dutch electronics giant Philips Electronics plummeted 79 percent, due partly to a loss in the group's flat-screen joint venture.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Clothing retailer Uniqlo uses brain waves to match customers with t-shirts
- With Safe Harbor gone, the hard work on data transfers starts now
- Microsoft enters the notebook market with Surface Book
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC