Consumers in both the U.S. and Europe are flocking to phones with advanced data features, but not that many are using the services operators want them to, according to a pair of recent surveys.
Microsoft Wednesday acknowledged reports of hackers stealing player accounts on the company's Xbox Live gaming service and said it is launching an investigation.
Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd has placed broadband squarely on the election agenda with the announcement that Labor will build a new high-speed network.
Israel unfortunately is home to the most malicious Internet activity per Internet user, said Symantec's twice-yearly Internet Security Threat Report issued on Monday. The report covered the second half of 2006.
True to the saying "when it rains, it pours," BenQ could find itself being sued by creditors of its failed mobile-phone venture in Germany.
Hynix Semiconductor and SanDisk have reached a patent cross-license agreement and will jointly manufacture and sell NAND flash memory in addition to developing four-bit-per-cell flash memory, the companies said Wednesday.
When Google product manager Jessica Ewing gets a new cell phone, the first thing she does is change its background theme. Adding a beach scene or a dancing pig makes it feel more her own, she wrote in her blog.
Businesses may unwittingly leave themselves open to application-layer attacks because they don't understand their networks lack defenses to deflect them, according to a study by Forrester Research.
Microsoft will open up beta versions of its unified communications server and client software to the public for download on Monday, a senior company executive said Wednesday.
Apple has joined the fray of vendors linking the TV and PC with the launch of its Apple TV, a set-top box that can wirelessly pull media content off a computer and play it on a television set.
Companies from across IT face criminal sanctions, including prison time for employees, if their networks, software programs or online services are ever used to carry illegally copied material such as music or film, according to a draft law from the E...
Security researchers have been touting the growing nature of professionalism among virus authors over the last several years, but new evidence points to increased cooperation between malware writers spread around the globe, according to some experts.
Microsoft Monday declared that a technique to delay Vista's activation as long as a year just "doesn't work." The researcher who published the activation extension claimed otherwise.
While the dot-com era focused squarely on aggregating data on the Internet, one of the most defining characteristics of Web 2.0 is the deconstruction of the Web into small, single-purpose applications called widgets or gadgets.
The launch of Windows Vista won't do much for PC sales this year, a research firm said Tuesday, with the new Microsoft operating system giving "at best, a limited boost" to PC units shipped during 2007.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA