A startup led by one of the "fathers" of the Internet debuted this week along with the company's first product.
The first major deployment of Microsoft's Silverlight technology went live Tuesday, with the Web site for Major League Baseball using version 1.0 of the browser for interactive video content.
Microsoft has quietly released pre-beta code to two forthcoming Windows service packs to testers in the past week, but the company continues to remain vague about when the final code for Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Windows Vista SP1 will make it to...
Apple plans to upgrade its iMac desktop PC line this week with a flashier design and thinner keyboard, according to comments and photos on industry blogs. Apple did not return calls for comment, but has already announced that it will hold a news conf...
Microsoft last week slammed the door on a free utility out of Australia that outflanked one the company's touted security features in Windows Vista by having the program's digital certificate revoked.
A federal judge Monday effectively reversed a US$1.5 billion patent-infringement award against Microsoft in a case involving MP3 technology.
VMware gave startup Parallels some competition Monday by releasing the first version of its software that lets Windows applications run on Apple's Macintosh computers.
To highlight the launch of the U.S. Space Shuttle Endeavour Tuesday, Microsoft has teamed up with NASA to provide exclusive 3D views of the craft and a look at how the space agency prepares it for launch using Microsoft's Photosynth technology.
Sony has introduced a flash memory-based Vaio notebook that, compared to a hard-drive model, costs US$700 extra and delivers 68GB less storage.
D-Link is the latest networking vendor to push Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) to SMBs and small offices. The company's latest DES-1008P 10/100 switch can supply up to 15.4W of power on four of its eight ports, and lists for just US$161.
Amazon.com has invested in an online music service, in advance of launching its own digital music store.
Mozilla does not set security policy at late-night pyjama parties.
One of the researchers who went public last month with the first iPhone vulnerability said Monday that Apple's lackadaisical updating of the open-source components it uses in Mac OS X is inexcusable and negligent.
Sun Microsystems hopes its new UltraSparc T2 processor, officially launched Tuesday, will earn it repeat business from existing telecommunications customers and attract new customers looking for a way to make their networks run faster.
Emerging business technologies will fuel the security solutions market to double-digit compound annual growth rate of about $US1.6 billion by 2011, according to IDC.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC