Google's AdSense is offering Web publishers who participate in the program the ability to start displaying ad-supported video clips from Google's YouTube on their sites.
Security researchers in the US last week disagreed over how to educate Web users to prevent phishing attacks, but agreed on one thing: most current methods of user education are inadequate.
Google continued its acquisition spree with the purchase of Jaiku, a Finnish company that offers a social-networking service similar to Twitter.
The popular PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) dynamic language continues to attract software heavyweights Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM. Their latest alliances with PHP tools maker Zend Technologies will be highlighted this week at Zend's technical conferenc...
The 2007 Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded to two researchers for their discovery of Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR), a sort of nanotechnology that enables more compact disks to be squeezed into laptops, iPods and other such devices.
If the corporate Grim Reaper is truly knocking on the door of The SCO Group, no one seems to have told Darl McBride, the software vendor's president and CEO.
The PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) server-side scripting language is at the heart of a major change in the software industry, with applications reconfigured for Web enablement and users become more involved, Harold Goldberg, CEO of Zend Technologies, s...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer says Red Hat Linux uses intellectual property owned by Microsoft and that Red Hat's customers should pay Microsoft for it.
The biggest long-term impact of Gary Forsee's departure as CEO and chairman of Sprint Nextel could be on the company's huge WiMax wireless broadband initiative called Xohm.
The industry group behind UWB (ultrawideband) high-speed wireless has certified the first UWB chipsets, a move that helps usher in technologies including wireless USB and the next generation of Bluetooth.
Microsoft this week released six security bulletins that patched nine vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Microsoft Word, Outlook Express and SharePoint. But for the second time in two months, it yanked an update at the last minute.
Google said this week that it has acquired Jaiku, which offers a product called Jaiku Mobile, a software application for mobile phones that enables users to post and browse short messages called "jaikus."
A Web site that leaked details of Windows XP Service Pack 3 over the weekend claimed that the update includes several new features, including some borrowed from Windows Vista.
Adam Internet, one of South Australia's leading Internet providers has launched a VoIP service in partnership with ISPhone Australasia.
Randy Allen is AMD's corporate vice-president and general manager of the Server and Workstation Division. He talks to Australian PC World about Barcelona, the upcoming Phenom triple-core processors, the market for four core processors, and the effect...
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
- Cars will get superior digital vision with ARM's camera chip
- Microsoft finds another use for LinkedIn with CRM integration
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW