Creating a tax break for ICT exports would help lift the local industry out from the "bottom of the OECD pack", an outgoing Australian Computer Society (ACS) president Edward Mandla said at the society's IT in Government conference last week.
Amazon.com plans to offer two programs next year that will allow customers to buy digitized books and portions of them in combination with its traditional, mail-order book service.
The scanning race has started: Microsoft announced an agreement Friday to scan 25 million pages from the British Library's collection that will eventually be made available on its MSN Book Search site next year.
Two Internet executives have made a list of China's 10 richest people compiled by a U.S. magazine.
The Los Angeles division of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation Thursday arrested a 20-year-old man on charges that he illegally made thousands of dollars by setting up a botnet of compromised computers to sell them for hacking and spam purposes...
Privacy concerns and proposed laws governing the use of sensitive personal information are making it more important for retailers to be able to demonstrate due diligence when it comes to information security practices, according to IT managers at the...
CRM, service and voice applications software maker FrontRange Solutions said Friday that it is being acquired by a private investment firm.
Although disappointed by product delays, Visual Studio 2005 beta users are nonetheless pleased with the product's feature set, noting enhancements in areas such as ALM (application lifecycle management) and Web development.
It looks like there is life after Black Hat for Michael Lynn, after all. The former Internet Security Systems (ISS) researcher has landed a job with networking vendor Juniper Networks just months after creating an international stir at July's Black H...
A software patch released by Sony BMG Music Entertainment in response to an uproar over its XCP CD copy protection software may cause some computers to crash, according to the computer expert at the heart of the controversy. On Friday, Winternals Sof...
A little bit of argy bargy between two fierce home entertainment rivals has added some spice to this year's National Home Entertainment Show.
The first of an expected 25,000 visitors streamed through the doors of the Sydney's Darling Harbour Exhibition Centre today, getting a visual feast of the hottest new home entertainment and consumer items.
Google has removed the beta, or test, tag from the consumer and enterprise versions of its Google Desktop 2 application for indexing and finding information stored in PCs, the Mountain View, California company said Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) picked up a couple of market share points on Intel in the third quarter, due mainly to AMD's strongest competitive position against the world's largest chip maker in years, according to Mercury Research.
Microsoft on Monday is releasing an upgrade to its free WSE (Web Services Enhancements) package for Windows developers, focusing on security.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW