The PC industry has reached the milestone of 1 billion PCs shipped since the advent of personal computers just over 25 years ago, according to research from Gartner Inc. and Intel Corp.
NEC Corp. unveiled Monday a new model in its Versa Pro notebook computer line-up and claimed a world first by fitting the machine with a QXGA (2,048 pixel by 1,536 pixel) resolution LCD (liquid crystal display) panel.
Listen.com Inc. said Monday that it signed a licensing deal with Universal Music Group (UMG), making its Rhapsody digital music subscription service the first to boast content from all five major labels.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is poised to strike hard at the server market next year with the arrival of its SledgeHammer and ClawHammer line of server chips.
If you want to record your own DVD video, transfer old VHS material, or archive nearly 10GB onto a single disc, you'll find plenty to serve your needs in stores this year. A broad selection of DVD devices in the works, including second-generation mod...
Corel Corp. has launched the latest version of its graphics suite, CorelDraw 11. This is the first time the package has been launched simultaneously on both Mac and PC platforms and supports both Mac OS 10 and Windows XP out of the box.
Terra Lycos SA took the wraps off its updated search engine Sunday, aiming to woo users with expanded content, frequently updated results and new search tools aimed at making it easier for users to find what they are looking for.
The wildfire of accounting controversies engulfing Enron Corp. and tech-sector companies such as WorldCom Inc. is scorching another company Friday as Xerox Corp. announced that it would have to restate its 1997 to 2001 earnings due to accounting irre...
Like something out of the movie Star Wars, startup Actuality Systems Inc. last week uncloaked a 3-D computer display capable of turning flat computer-generated images into what look like solid objects.
While much of the world has been watching soccer for the past month, Gerard Gouillou has been monitoring data.
Terra Soft Solutions Inc. Friday announced the release of Yellow Dog Linux 2.3, the latest major release to its flagship PowerPC-based Linux operating system.
Yamaha Electronics Corp. has introduced the CRW-F1, which they modestly describe as "the ultimate CD-Recorders."
IBM plans to bolster its workstation lineup later this year with a speedy 2.6GHz chip from Intel Corp., according to a product road map obtained by IDG News Service.
A pair of Casio Computer Co. Ltd. cameras have joined the ever-growing selection of ever-shrinking digicams, making their debut at PC Expo/TechXNY here this week.
A flaw in an antipiracy feature in Microsoft's Windows Media Player could put systems at risk to hacker attacks, Microsoft warned in a security bulletin Wednesday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Oppo R5: World's thinnest phone at 4.85mm coming to Australia
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW