At a recent IT symposium at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, one area of study discussed was digitally augmented urban environments.
God was in Chris Wyatt's ear when he thought up his Christian video file sharing site. Well kind of. "I was sitting in class at Dallas Theological Seminary when I came up with the idea," said the student.
Almost one in four Americas use advanced mobile technology and visit the Web 2.0 world, but close to half have little use for either, according to a report released Monday.
Microsoft has closed the public testing period for Windows Live Hotmail and has begun a months-long process of migrating users to this major upgrade of its Hotmail Web mail service, the company announced Monday.
The potential of a Microsoft-Yahoo blockbuster deal probably doesn't have rivals at Google shaking in their boots just yet, but if a merger comes to fruition Google may have to worry about its hold on the consumer search and online advertising market...
Some twelve months have passed since Sun Microsystems promised to open source the venerable Java programming language, but the industry is yet to see the code, which should now be available within a few weeks.
Not to be left behind in the recent [[ArtId:1526139525|corporate uptake]] of Second Life, BigPond has launched a group of 11 in-game islands, and is now offering its users un-metered access to content in its virtual headquarters, as well as selected ...
Dell will be unable to supply desktop PCs to NSW Government agencies for at least three years under the state's newly announced whole-of-government supplier panel.
To eliminate overlap in services, Yahoo will close its Yahoo Photos service in favour of photo sharing darling Flickr, acquired by Yahoo a little over two years ago and considered by many a pioneer of the Web 2.0 wave of Internet innovation.
Intel's new generation of processors with 45-nanometer features will help it earn profits from rising demand for notebook PCs and to enter a nascent market segment called mobile Internet devices, the company's CEO said Thursday.
Riya is a search engine company with a business model based on the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words.
Symantec researchers Friday warned of an in-the-wild Trojan horse that poses as a Windows activation program to dupe users into entering credit card information in an attempt to reanimate their machines.
Microsoft's security centre has confirmed that a patch for the already-exploited DNS server bug in Windows will be among the seven updates scheduled to release next Tuesday.
Having lost out to Google in a bid to acquire Internet advertising company DoubleClick, Microsoft has initiated a new round of talks to acquire Yahoo Inc., according to published reports Friday.
Researchers in Japan have developed new circuit technology touted to be the vital next step towards the realisation of a practical quantum computer.
The Xiro XPLORER V Drone’s distinctive shape increases stability in air. Flying has never been easier thanks to the smart flight assistance and auto-hovering functions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT