In a move to generate more buzz -- and bucks -- for its Live mobile phone portal, Vodafone Group is poised to launch a "Web 2.0" service that allows customers to upload and view their own videos.
Google has dusted the cobwebs off its Groups discussion forum service with a redesigned interface and new features like the ability to create and edit Web pages and upload and share files.
Beset by sinking prices for microprocessors and the cost of acquiring graphics chip company ATI, AMD has reported a fourth-quarter loss of $US574 million, down from a profit of $US96 million for the same quarter last year.
Yahoo exceeded Wall Street's revenue and earnings expectations in its fourth quarter, as the embattled Web portal begins 2007 with high hopes for its revamped advertising platform and recent reorganization.
Microsoft will begin the international roll-out of its consumer security software on Jan. 30 when it releases a new version of Windows Live OneCare in the U.S. and 16 other countries.
Families with new high definition (HD) video camcorders and news anchors being broadcast in HD have already discovered just how revealing the picture quality is.
A software engineer in Australia has said he was offered payment by Microsoft to edit certain entries in the Wikipedia online dictionary, opening a heated debate about the ethics of such a move.
Rivals Microsoft and OpenOffice.org on Tuesday both released toolkits that support building applications for their competing document file formats and productivity suites.
Visitors to the German Web site of Google were met with a strange sight early Tuesday morning: gone was the Google logo, replaced by the name of a local Internet service provider with the message that no content was available for the domain.
Microsoft has announced a new codename for the Windows OS that will follow the yet-to-ship Vista: "Vienna."
After much debate and a lot of contention among the overall IEEE membership, the all-important IEEE 802.11n working group has given its stamp of approval to the next draft version of the specification.
As far back as 2003, Microsoft considered introducing its own rival to the iPod or seeking a partnership with Apple, according to evidence introduced Friday at a Microsoft antitrust trial in Iowa.
MySpace.com has filed a lawsuit against the self-proclaimed "Spam King" for allegedly blasting the portal with spam through the use of compromised user accounts, the Web site said on Monday.
Forget what your spouse looks like? Having trouble remembering you're married? There might be a good reason for that: 65 percent of PC users spend more time in front of their monitors than interfacing with their spouses.
Malicious software that was sent out in millions of spam messages over the weekend has now infected about 300,000 computers, making it the worst malware outbreak since 2005, Symantec said Monday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia