In a day of executive shakeups, Hewlett-Packard (HP) Tuesday announced that Patricia Dunn, the company's embattled chairman, will be relieved of those duties after the board's Jan. 18, 2007, meeting, but will continue as a director. Meanwhile, board ...
A project based on the open source software model aims to create free online textbooks for developing nations. Under careful academic oversight, the Global Text Project will produce 1000 textbooks for undergraduate studies in a range of subjects incl...
More online users may begin accessing video and audio content produced by the European Commission now that Blinkx, the video search engine, is including in its database content from the European Commission Audiovisual Service.
At the Venice Biennale this week, visitors to the contemporary art and design exhibition can see graphic displays of how residents and tourists are moving about Italy's capital city, Rome. A project called Real Time Rome uses data gathered from cell ...
Symantec this week unveiled the 2007 editions of its consumer Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security desktop products, plus a third new offering called Norton Confidential that protects e-commerce transactions.
The U.S. Department of Justice is asking questions about conduct by Hewlett-Packard that has embroiled the technology company in controversy.
McAfee has apologized to users for bugs in the company's new line of client protection software, released last month.
Samsung Electronicsh as unveiled a new kind of memory chip, phase-change RAM (PRAM), aimed at replacing NOR flash memory in mobile phones.
A group of programmers from the image-based search engine, snap.com, have developed a new hands-on search engine modelled on the Unix-based text editor, vi.
Amazon.com unveiled the Unbox Video Store on Thursday, a direct rival to Apple's iTunes 24-7 video store, which allows U.S. users to buy or rent TV shows, movies and other video content from the Internet.
Governments seeking inexpensive technology to warn of tsunamis could be interested in a free software application that monitors vibrations in the hard disks of computers in an attempt to detect the undersea earthquakes that cause tsunamis.
A U.S. judge on Friday sentenced the owner and operator of iBackups.net to 87 months in prison, the longest sentence ever given for software piracy, according to a software trade group.
The U.S. corporate website of Samsung Telecom has been hijacked and used to host and distribute malware, security vendor Websense has revealed.
IBM has begun shipping millions of microprocessors to Nintendo, keeping the gaming company on track to launch its Wii gaming console as early as November.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
- Microsoft's big Windows 10 update launches on August 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW