Fujitsu will soon bring the benefits of perpendicular recording technology to its family of 2.5-inch hard-disk drives.
After a much longer than expected delay, DDR2 (double data rate, second generation) has finally taken over as the most popular memory chip used in PCs.
The contract manufacturer of the iPod music player has filed lawsuits against two Chinese journalists who wrote articles about working conditions at factories where iPods are made, according to Chinese press reports.
The latest entrant to the crowded Internet browser market is the appropriately named Browzar, a tool specifically designed to protect users' privacy by not retaining details of the Web sites they've searched.
Microsoft is counting on its beta testers being "aggressive" upon the shipment of Release Candidate 1 of Windows Vista in order for the software giant to make its ship dates, according to the executive overseeing the entire Vista project.
XML will play a prominent role in emerging Microsoft technologies, in accordance with the company's product interoperability strategy.
Harvey Norman has launched a new music download service in partnership with digital music provider Destra.
Google has expanded its controversial book search service to allow people to download whole copies of books in PDF format to their computers, with the ability to print them out.
Consumers will have to wait until the end of January for Windows Vista if the availability for the OS listed on Amazon.com's Web site is accurate.
Apple Computer has tapped the head of Google for its board, hoping to benefit from his long industry experience.
Lycos has overhauled its video search engine by licensing technology from video search specialist Blinkx in an attempt to boost visits to its Web portal.
Japan will soon become the world's second major market to see the launch of Blu-ray Disc movies.
As young people increasingly tune out television and tune into online video and chat, MTV Networks is hoping to win their attention with a new broadband service that appears part MTV, part YouTube and part MySpace.
Samsung Electronics has started mass-producing 1 G-bit DDR (double data rate 2) DRAM memory chips using an advanced manufacturing process that allows it to make the chips smaller and at less cost.
Nonprofit environmental organization Greenpeace has rated mobile phone giant Nokia highly for its eco-friendly policies, but gave low marks to Lenovo Group, Motorola and Apple Computer, among others.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - PayrollNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW