Several hundred pornography sites are surprising unwitting users with a smorgasbord of exploits via Mpack, the already notorious hacker toolkit that launched massive attacks earlier this week from a network of more than 10,000 compromised domains.
Microsoft has filed two lawsuits over the past weeks, looking to crack down on spam on its Windows Live Hotmail network.
Dell is allowing its customers to decline the unwanted software applications loaded on new PCs, after hundreds of users complained about such "bloatware" on a company blog.
A Microsoft security executive released data Thursday showing that, six months after shipping Windows Vista, his company has left more publicly disclosed Vista bugs unpatched than it did with Windows XP.
Could it be true? A representative of chipmaker Alereon told me recently that products using the long-awaited, much-delayed, oft-embattled Wireless USB standard will be released next month. And I may be a sucker, but I believe him.
The desktop unit that is part of Hewlett-Packard's PC blade system is about the size of a thick hardcover book, and it might be mistaken for a modernist vase if not for the various ports for connecting thumb drives and other USB devices. The device i...
YouTube is again being used to distribute malware, this time a variant of the nuisance Zlob adware.
An operational error during routine system testing of United Air Lines's computer system was the preliminary root cause of a computer failure that forced the airline to cancel and delay U.S. flights yesterday, a United spokeswoman said. The failure w...
Despite an upsurge in open-source and hosted competitors, IBM's Lotus Notes corporate e-mail client software and Domino e-mail server is expected to maintain its second banana status behind Microsoft Outlook and Exchange through at least 2011.
IBM unveiled a website and IT security software application Thursday as part of its effort to compete with HP and Sun Microsystems for customers in the fast-growing small and medium business sector.
Hackers have begun circulating a PHP exploit embedding it in a seemingly harmless GIF image, according to security researchers.
Palo Alto Networks is a start-up with a big goal: replacing traditional network-layer perimeter firewalls altogether.
The U.S. Department of Defense took an estimated 1,500 computers offline Wednesday after a security breach within the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
HP on Tuesday announced a new appliance, software and services to protect data on HP servers and storage for regulatory compliance.
Yahoo Thursday said it has signed a deal to acquire <a href="http://www.rivals.com" target="_blank">Rivals.com</a>, an online site for college and high school sports and recruiting information. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- TPProject Manager - Documentation DevelopmentQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD