Facebook engineers have made it easier for developers to embed PHP by developing a PHPEmbed library.
Google and IBM have teamed up to offer a curriculum and support for software development on large-scale distributed computing systems, with six US universities signing up so far.
A malicious hacker broke into an eBay server late last week and temporarily suspended the accounts of a "very small" number of members, the company said.
The Deloitte & Touche annual survey of security practices at 169 financial institutions found that 98 per cent of them are spending more on information security this year than last year and putting a greater emphasis on IT governance.
Security software vendor McAfee will acquire SafeBoot for US$350 million in an effort to expand its large-business product line, the company announced this week.
A woman ordered to pay US$222,000 for downloading and sharing music files has decided to appeal the case.
Enterprises are not prepared for the security threats posed by Web 2.0 technologies, because they use insufficient Web filtering and have failed to train users and make employees aware of potential risks, a vendor-sponsored survey claims.
Increased computer usage and better e-mail and Web access may narrow the digital divide, although globalization critics may perceive such changes as a threat to local cultures and economies, a new Pew Research Center study suggests.
Business needs to get greener, and IT should be leading the way, according to the developer of a recently launched online media portal devoted to sustainable business.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is seeking an urgent injunction to restrain US vendor, StoresOnline, from selling its e-commerce software in Australia.
Sony announced on Friday that it will begin selling a 40GB PS3 in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Australia starting October 10 for a‚¬399 (US$562).
The City of Bayswater, located north of Perth and with a population of roughly 56,000 inhabitants, has implemented a new spatial viewer called 'CitySpatial', delivering access to multiple corporate databases for all council staff via a browser-based ...
Novell has announced the availability of a new version of the OpenSuSE Linux distribution, with a host of features designed to make it popular with first time Linux users.
An US man says his iPod Nano caught fire in his pants.
Japan's Ceatec exhibition ended its annual five-day run on Saturday with record attendance for the 2007 event, organizers said Sunday.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Webroot deletes Windows files and causes serious problems for users
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD