Microsoft Wednesday said that an entry-level edition of its Visual Studio tools will remain free and available for use without restrictions for developers.
Microsoft has released for free public download beta 2 of Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP. This latest version of Microsoft's next browser has few visible changes from the beta 2 preview edition posted on March 20.
A jury has found that Hynix Semiconductor violated a series of Rambus patents and awarded Rambus US$306.5 million in damages.
A group of self-titled "political activists" in Massachusetts has started an aggressive campaign to get browser users to switch from Microsoft's Internet Explorer to Mozilla's Firefox.
Newly formed VoIP provider, Clarinet, has lowered its fixed-line call rates to mobiles for its all-you-can-eat plans, in an effort to make its presence felt in the residential market.
A greenfield site in South Australia is edging towards becoming the location du jour for Australia's most innovative broadband services.
Novell has published a second release candidate (RC) of its landmark Suse Linux 10.1 release, following weeks of delays.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. (Panasonic) plans to begin selling a Blu-ray Disc drive in Japan in June for use in desktop computers, the company said Friday.
Some Chinese Internet users aren't happy with Google's recently announced Chinese name, and they've started an online petition to express their displeasure.
A version of Adobe Systems's flagship Photoshop software that will run on Mac computers based on either the legacy PowerPC or new Intel platform will be available in the first half of next year, the company's CEO said Friday.
In search of ways to make its mobile phones better networked and easier to use, Nokia has unveiled a lab where it will collaborate with academic researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge.
A new alliance headed by EMC's VMware division hopes to make it easier to deploy virtualised desktops in the enterprise and make bulky, unmanageable standalone PCs a thing of the past.
Hewlett-Packard is recalling 15,700 notebook batteries after reports that they overheated, causing minor property damage and, in one instance, a minor burn injury.
Google's recent launch of a product-listings service with an online payment system has eBay on red alert and seeking to defend itself through partnerships with Yahoo or Microsoft, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.
Industry experts are split on the wisdom of the alliance eBay is reportedly seeking to form with Microsoft or Yahoo to combat Google.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC