Intel has begun volume shipments of the Pentium Extreme Edition 840 processor, the company's first dual-core processor.
The next generation of computer memory chips, DDR3, could be ready for market in early 2007, two of the world's biggest memory chip makers said Monday.
IBM's Japanese unit and Sanyo Electric have developed a prototype direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) for notebook PCs that will probably be commercialised around 2007 or 2008.
Two prominent Web sites that specialize in remote access software known as "rootkits" have been taken offline by a large distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack. The take-down was allegedly ordered by a shadowy group of hackers and rootkit author...
A popular Venezuelan hacker known as "RaFa" was arrested April 2 and charged with hacking into U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) servers almost four years ago.
A special tool that blocks the download of Service Pack 2 (SP2) on Windows XP PCs will expire Tuesday, ending the last SP2 respite for users who rely on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows to keep their systems up to date.
Version 1.0 of the Wireless Universal Serial Bus (USB) specification, which is being promoted as the successor to the USB data transfer method between electronics devices, should be approved by mid-May, Intel said.
A casual observer of the IT industry who stumbled upon Dell's analyst meeting in Austin, Texas, last week while looking for a blues bar on Sixth Street might have emerged from the ballroom of The Four Seasons Hotel slightly confused about the nature ...
Two new top-level domains, .jobs and .travel, will soon come to the Internet after the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) approved the two domains on Friday.
Sony has launched a new member in its hard-disk drive-based Network Walkman family, its fourth so far, and this time the new player is more than an update to the previous model.
Microsoft on Tuesday plans to issue eight security alerts with patches, some critical, for Windows, Office, MSN Messenger and Exchange, it said Thursday.
Microsoft has ended support for Visual Basic 6 with customers labelling it an end-of-life technology.
A phishing scam emulating the Windows Update Service hit Australia yesterday, designed to not only emulate the update page perfectly, but circumvent current antivirus, spyware and adware programs.
Intel plans to ship a new family of embedded NOR-type flash memory chips with capacities as high as 1G bits to meet growing demand for the technology in consumer electronics products.
Antivirus company F-Secure is warning mobile phone users about a new malicious software program that infects phones that use the Symbian Series 60 operating system, preventing the phones from starting.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, WhatsApp integration lets users back up messages on Android
- New service helps pull data into AWS from the Internet of Things
- Zendesk tool taps machine learning to nip customer-service problems in the bud
- Amazon launches QuickSight business intelligence service
- Microsoft expands FastTrack service to aid Office 365 migration for businesses
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW