Things are getting tense in the business telephony world. Microsoft is heading for a face-off with the increasingly influential open source company Digium. Both companies are launching competing phone systems for small businesses at the VON 07 trade ...
Another Trojan horse is spreading through the Internet telephone network of Skype.
U.K. firms are at risk of data leakage through their employees' increasing use of Web 2.0 technologies and social networking websites, security experts have warned.
Microsoft's Windows Home Server developers have been inundated with bug reports on the under-construction consumer server software, which -- when it was announced in January -- was expected to ship mid-year.
A just-disclosed bug in Windows Vista's built-in e-mail program can be used by hackers to run malicious code on a victimized PC, said a researcher Friday who two weeks ago touted an exploit-for-sale service.
Yahoo Thursday updated its free Widget software and touted the program's new automatic updating feature and its lighter appetite for RAM.
Maybe that old saw was right; there really is an easy mark born every minute. And in this case 23 of them.
Palm said Thursday it hit a company record for its smart phone sales in its third quarter, the reverse of Wednesday's negative news from handset maker Motorola.
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Thursday welcomed a decision by a federal judge to overturn a 1998 law that made it a crime for Web sites to offer sexually explicit material that could be accessed by minors.
Microsoft Thursday blamed Xbox Live network account hacks on users' gullibility, but evidence shows that in some cases the gaming service's own support staff could be unwittingly helping hackers snare players' identities.
Engineers at Sun are eyeing May for the release of a 1.0 version of JRuby, which provides a Java implementation of the Ruby language.
A research team of electrical and computer engineers in the U.S. is taking a new approach to electronics that harnesses the spin of an electron to store and process information. Dubbed 'spintronics', the new technology is expected to one day form a b...
It's not like he needs it to beef up his resume, but the world's richest college dropout is finally getting his degree.
News Corp. and NBC Universal will challenge Google's YouTube for online eyeballs and advertising dollars by launching a video-streaming Web site by the third quarter, News Corp. announced Thursday.
A Microsoft executive Wednesday said Windows Vista's first 90 days was a huge security success when compared to the opening three months of Windows XP, the current Apple Mac OS X, and three flavours of Linux.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
- Meet Apache Spot, a new open source project for cybersecurity
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of $2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD