The HD DVD high-definition movie format may have the lead in the U.S. porn industry, but Japanese adult film makers have turned decisively to Blu-ray Disc, breathing new life into its bid to replace DVDs as the disc of choice for home movies.
A U.S. district court judge has ruled that eBay Inc. can continue to use its "buy it now" feature even though a patent infringement ruling against the feature continues to stand.
The move towards Web 2.0 technologies may well be another race between functionality and security, and for now at least, security seems to be at the tail end.
Two substantial collections of Windows Vista hotfixes leaked to the Internet after being offered to Windows Server 2008 beta testers this weekend, leading some users to speculate that the pair are actually the foundation of the future Service Pack 1 ...
Google Inc.'s Analytics service stopped delivering data to users on Saturday, another in a series of recent performance and availability problems affecting this popular Web site traffic-monitoring service.
A security tool that identifies botnets and blocks attacks from these zombie networks is being made available by Trend Micro online in the software-as-a-service model.
The Internet regulation body, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), is asking for the public's input as it revises its accreditation process for registrars, the companies that register and sell domain names.
On-demand sales and marketing services startup Genius.com is releasing a new product, Genius Team, to enable sales managers to assess how effectively their staff are using e-mail to target prospective customers.
Due to the waning popularity of Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment (PATA) technology in favour of the newer and speedier Serial ATA-based disk drives, Seagate has acknowledged plans to stop building the older products.
A security feature in the 64-bit version of Windows Vista can be easily circumvented with a free utility that loads unsigned drivers into the kernel, according to researchers at Symantec.
German chip maker, Infineon Technologies, failed to stem losses in its fiscal third quarter largely due to the poor performance of its memory chip spin-off Qimonda.
Four years after it bought Linksys, Cisco has finally decided to kill the well-known brand name.
The two most prominent ransomware Trojans of recent times could be the work of the same or a closely-related Russian group, an analysis has suggested.
Symantec last week warned Mac OS X users that the addition of an exploit to the Metasploit hacking framework had boosted the threat posed by an unpatched bug in Samba, the open-source file- and print-sharing software included with the Apple operating...
The BBC has released a public beta of its own software application for watching video online, hoping to engage younger people who are consuming more and more of their content over the Internet.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
- HPE buying SimpliVity for $650 million to boost hyperconvergence
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW