Major Web companies, educators and a variety of human rights groups are banding together to protect privacy rights and freedom of expression on the Internet.
Microsoft has come under fire for quietly releasing a fix to its PatchGuard kernel protection software in order to improve the performance of its Virtual Server 2005 product.
A small, family-owned hardware store sits on the main street of a quiet town in rural Michigan. During its peak season, the company serves about 40 customers a day for an average sale of US$9; roughly half of them pay by credit card. All of the compa...
Consumer rights groups have voiced opposition to legislation introduced in the U.S. Congress last week that would require Internet broadcasters to deploy DRM (digital rights management) technology to prevent listeners from making unauthorized copies ...
Intel's Ultra Mobile device platform will get smaller and less power-hungry over the next few years, becoming a key component in the company's vision of a personal wireless Internet available everywhere, according to a company executive.
No one is safe from being exposed, for better or worse, on YouTube. That even goes for the biggest names in technology.
A California fire investigator reversed an earlier finding and said Thursday that a cell phone was not the cause of a fire that critically burned a man and damaged the man's apartment.
Microsoft has reissued an Excel security patch, published earlier this month, after the update made it impossible for some Excel 2000 users to open documents.
Apple, caught between the promise of its new iPhone and the peril of a stock options investigation, has reported record earnings for the first quarter of its fiscal 2007 year.
HP edged out Dell again for the title of world's largest PC vendor, even though the global market fell short of predictions, according to an analysis of fourth quarter PC shipments released by IDC.
Microsoft wants to make sure consumers and small businesses know there are myriad ways they can acquire Windows Vista -- particularly in premium versions -- when it becomes generally available on Jan. 30.
A key security feature of Windows Vista, User Account Control (UAC) is still nearly unusable, Symantec has said.
Why is it so hard to leave the computer or TV screen when you're in the middle of your favourite game? According to a recent scientific study, it's not just a simple desire for 'zoning out' and fun that draws us to video games, but deeper psychologic...
Digital music sales doubled in 2006 thanks to better distribution, but the rise hasn't made up for the decline in CD sales, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) said on Wednesday.
Formal antitrust charges against computer chip maker Intel in Europe are coming closer, after officials working on the case advised European Union Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes to push ahead with legal action, according to reports.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW