There are two clearly emerging trends coming out of Hewlett-Packard's StorageWorks Conference in Las Vegas this week: HP's going green, and the future is in blades.
The Nintendo Wii has passed the 100, 000 install-base mark in Australia, making it the fastest selling console on record.
Google said Wednesday that it wants federal and state regulators to press Microsoft to make more changes to Windows Vista's desktop search and indexing tool.
A major spam outbreak hit the Internet Wednesday causing the stock it was pumping to jump significantly in trading volume, according to communications security company IronPort.
Microsoft and IBM executives Wednesday admitted feeling heat from Google now that the Web search giant is trying to make inroads into the enterprise market with its hosted suite of communication and collaboration tools.
Nvidia, known for graphics processors designed for video gaming, is expanding into the market for high-performance computing processors.
While Novell's partnership with Microsoft remains the subject of controversy, the NetWare-cum-Linux vendor is still pushing out Linux and open source products aimed at taking market share away from its patent-protection partner.
Reorganization reflects the growing importance of Nokia's multimedia and Internet-enabled devices businesses.
Windows users were at risk for in-the-wild vulnerabilities fewer days on average last year than users of rival operating systems from Apple, Novell, Red Hat and Sun, a Microsoft executive claimed.
New technical details about Apple's iPhone, leaked to the Web by a University of Washington technology group but since yanked from the school's site, confirmed that the device will not support Adobe's Flash, will rely on QuickTime to display audio an...
Bad news for environmentally conscious people who want an iPhone: Apple is near the bottom of a new list that rates companies based on their efforts to stop climate change.
French government members and their advisors have been told not to use BlackBerry smartphones, for national security reasons. The ban on BlackBerry devices is just one of the IT challenges facing new National Assembly members as they take their seats...
Level3 announced on Wednesday that it has completed construction of Internet2's new 100Gbps backbone network.
Online criminals looking for new areas to attack in the next few years will find green fields in the Internet infrastructure and the digital home, researchers with McAfee's AVERT labs said this week.
Microsoft will change how desktop search works in its Vista operating system by the end of the year, in response to an antitrust complaint by rival, Google, the company said in court documents released late Tuesday.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- PTProject ManagersACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT