A bug in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) can leave corporate systems open to attack if a user visits a site containing malicious code, security researchers have warned.
Seagate Technology claims to have launched the fastest hard drive, while ProStor has upped the capacity of its removable disk cartridges.
IBM has announced that Harvard University is using an IBM Blue Gene supercomputer, which holds the title as the fastest supercomputer in the world, to support research into the human heart and circulatory system.
Even while Cisco Systems is suing Apple for violating its iPhone trademark, an open-source enthusiast is accusing Cisco itself of infringing copyright in the same product.
A new Web site has popped up that has the potential to represent the best of the Internet -- from the point of view of concerned citizens -- and the worst of the Internet -- from the point of view of almost all governments.
Motorola may face legal trouble over its use of the term Motomusic, the name it uses to market digital music on its mobile phones, because it's been claimed by another company.
Cisco this week is expected to announce what it calls a simplified software distribution model for its routers and switches, and a new software tool to help users more easily manage large-scale networks.
Wireless LAN vendor Aruba Networks this week said it will release a new version of its operating software geared for retail customers grappling with recently mandated security standards.
Still reeling from the effects of a corporate reorganisation that included heavy layoffs, Intel reported a profit of $US1.5 billion for the fourth quarter, down 39 per cent compared to that period last year.
Hewlett-Packard researchers may have figured out a way to prolong Moore's Law by making chips more powerful and less power-hungry.
A veteran Californian fire investigator said a cell phone that was left on caught fire in a sleeping man's pocket, causing a fire that critically burned the man and heavily damaged his apartment.
Dell has launched its first semirugged notebook PC and plans to compete with Hewlett-Packard and Panasonic for customers who need a computer that can cope with abusive vibration, humidity, altitude and dust.
Toshiba will put on sale in Japan in late February the first laptop PC in the world with support for the write-once HD DVD-R optical disc format.
A Google partner in China has come under fire for allegedly encouraging piracy, the Motion Picture Association (MPA) said Saturday.
The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California is investigating the stock options backdating activities of computer and consumer electronics manufacturer Apple.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC