Rambus sees the microprocessor market share war between Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) as a possible way to win more orders from the PC industry, according to the company's chief executive officer (CEO).
IBM researchers have found a way to draw twice as much heat off hard-working computer chips, clearing the way for server farms and data centers to use denser, faster processors.
Microsoft on Thursday finally attempted to clear up confusion over licensing of Windows Vista for power users who rebuild their PCs on a regular basis. But the answer from the software vendor did little to placate some users, who are still upset abou...
Microsoft has won a court case against a German spammer charged with forging e-mail and making it appear to come from Microsoft's hotmail.com domain.
The Office worker productivity and collaboration suite is about to become the next piece of software from Microsoft subject to mandatory piracy checks.
At its 30th anniversary party, Acer moved up the time it expects to take over the number 3 slot in global PC market share to 2007, shaving a year off its previous forecast.
It's time for consumers, musicians and filmmakers to band together and advocate copyright laws that make sense for them, not for large music labels and movie studios, a group of advocacy groups said Wednesday during the launch of the Digital Freedom ...
Just one week after claiming that users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 browser could be at risk to an online attack, Danish security vendor Secunia is reporting a new bug in the browser.
PC manufacturers that expected to get their hands on the final version of Windows Vista on Wednesday have to wait a couple more weeks for the OS, according to sources familiar with the company's plans.
Advanced Micro Devices plans to make chips integrating its x86 with a graphics processor on a single piece of silicon by early 2009. The announcement came as AMD completed its US$5.4 billion merger with graphics chip manufacturer ATI Technologies on ...
Strong sales of its iPod music players and Macintosh computers helped Apple Computer earn net income of $US546 million in its fiscal 2006 fourth quarter, but the company warned it could restate its financial results at a later time as it continues an...
Security and quality assurance experts reacted negatively to Apple Computer's efforts Tuesday to blame manufacturing problems that resulted in iPod MP3 players shipping with a virus that affects Microsoft's Windows operating system.
The next generation of the open source Firefox Web browser, version 2.0, has been released and is sporting a slew of feature and security enhancements.
Security experts have discovered new spambot software that installs its own antivirus scanner to eliminate competition, alongside a number of other sophisticated features.
There's even fewer reasons for businesses to upgrade to Windows Vista than there were for upgrading to Windows XP, according to an expert in software migration.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW