After an enthusiastic consumer reaction to Walkman-branded cell phones, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications is planning more handsets that are focused around a single, major feature, the company's president said in an interview in Tokyo this week.
A strong performance in China wasn't enough for Lenovo Group Ltd., which swung to a loss during the fourth quarter of its fiscal year.
Broadcast mobile TV service, using technology developed in Korea instead of a European-backed system, will kick off next week in Germany days ahead of the World Cup soccer tournament.
The emergence of software that enables hiding digital code in photographic images has given criminals a new way to disguise their activities, but researchers are working to give law enforcement advanced tools of their own to sniff out such code.
World Cup soccer fans should be aware of a new worm being circulated by e-mail with the German-language message "WM-Tickets" or "Weltmeisterschaft," security vendor Sophos warned Wednesday.
"The Web is under attack," said Phillip Hallam-Baker, principal scientist at VeriSign, who gave a session Thursday on Internet crime at the W3C (World Wide Web) conference in Edinburgh, Scotland, this week.
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is hoping to foster ICT entrepreneurial talent and breed home-grown multinationals through its Developing Business Skills for ICT Entrepreneurs' program.
In an effort to win more online advertising dollars and shore up defenses against growing competition, Yahoo and eBay said on Thursday that they've formed a new partnership.
When consumers boot up their new Dell desktops and notebooks next week, they will find a Google homepage and search tools, not the familiar Microsoft versions, the world's largest PC vendor confirmed.
BigAir is floating high this week, forecasting a 100 per cent increase in revenue and announcing plans to launch a wholesale side of its business.
The proposed changes to copyright law announced this month by Philip Ruddock are a lost opportunity to catapult us into the digital age, according to Internet Industry Association (IIA) CEO Peter Coroneos.
YouTube is the most visited video Web site, attracting almost half of all visitors and towering over giants like Google, Yahoo, AOL and Microsoft's MSN, according to Hitwise.
The Business Software Alliance (BSA) has encouraged the channel to use its local business experience against software piracy. The statement comes off the back of the release of the association's latest global software piracy study.
The launch of the consumer version of Windows Vista, Microsoft's new operating system, could be pushed back past the stated January launch date, according to Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer.
Microsoft and NEC have signed a patent cross-licensing agreement covering IT and networking technology, the companies said Wednesday.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- 'Black box' no more: This system can spot the bias in those algorithms
- Senators want warrant protections for US email stored overseas
- Celebrity hacker Guccifer's confession gives us all a lesson in security
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC