Mobile technology is moving steadily towards richer applications that require higher speeds, and according to several cellular vendors, service providers and industry analysts, the only way to its future is through a combination of HSUPA (High Speed ...
A group of Japanese content producers that asked YouTube to act on the large amount of copyrighted material on the popular site say a response received from the company was unsatisfactory.
Yahoo is researching areas such as microeconomics to help it better understand the behaviour of users, or of advertisers in areas such as keyword auctions.
Microsoft last week released a software update that makes software for its Zune device available on Windows Vista.
Researchers at IBM have drawn one step closer to building a microprocessor that transfers data with light instead of electricity, a technique that could one day boost computing speed while saving power.
A pair of powerful earthquakes off the coast of Taiwan damaged undersea cables and disrupted telephone and Internet access in Asia on Wednesday.
U.S. federal investigators are "looking closely" at stock-option documents that former Apple Computer officials allegedly falsified to boost their own profits, The Recorder legal newspaper reported late Tuesday in its online edition. Revelations rega...
The founder of Wikipedia, the user-edited online encyclopedia, is developing a Wiki-based search engine to compete with established commercial search engines from Google and Yahoo.
Podcasting has received the royal seal of approval from the U.K.'s reigning monarch.
Technology industry experts meeting in Silicon Valley recently said broadband Internet access in the U.S. needs to improve for the "YouTube generation" to really flourish.
German airline Lufthansa is in talks with several companies that it hopes might revive the in-flight Internet access service currently provided by Boeing. That service is scheduled to shut down on Dec. 31.
If there's one thing that Aaron Kornblum would like to quash, it's the botnet armies.
Microsoft is apparently looking to get some free advertising for Windows Vista before the OS's official consumer release on Jan. 30. The company is offering exhibitors at the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) free copies of Vista to run on compu...
With Christmas fast approaching, Santa Claus reached out for a little help from Stopbadware.org this week.
What do Japanese readers search for when they turn to Google? The search engine's operator Wednesday published its top 10 search rankings for the year and revealed that generic searches outnumbered those for specific topics in 2006.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC