Telephony has not been a big theme traditionally at the Cebit trade show -- until now. Interest is surging as voice evolves into one of many software applications that businesses and consumers can now run on their office or home IP (Internet protocol...
Wireless switch vendor Trapeze has announced a scheme to manage other vendors' access points. It will begin selling a new D-Link access point in April, and promises that its Open Access Point Initiative will integrate many other existing APs, before ...
Microsoft next month will finally ship the long-awaited 64-bit editions of its latest server and client operating systems--and the move is just the tip of a 64-bit iceberg.
While large IP PBX vendors continue to build on server-based platforms, some international firms are taking different approaches to small-business VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) telephone systems.
The TransFlash memory card format developed by SanDisk is close to being adopted as a member of the SD (Secure Digital) family of cards, the SD Card Association said Monday.
Toshiba used the Cebit trade show to demonstrate for the first time an operating prototype fuel cell for notebook PCs, but the company, citing size, weight and regulatory concerns, said it will not commercialize the technology for about another three...
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata gave his keynote at the Game Developer's Conference held in San Francisco last Thursday, outlining what lies ahead for its next-generation console codenamed Revolution.
The Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) have sent a clear message to would-be recruits who like playing fantasy game Dungeons & Dragons: don't bother.
From MP3 players to mainframe computers, this year's Cebit has it all. But the world's biggest computer trade fair has avoided becoming the unfocused sprawl that led Comdex to its downfall, visitors here said this week.
Microsoft for the first time in three years plans to go without a new release of Windows XP Media Center Edition, a company spokesman said Friday.
While the PC industry is expecting the transition to DDR2 (double data rate 2) memory to get under way later this year, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has no plans to modify its current chips to support DDR2 this year, the company said Friday at the Ce...
The Mozilla Foundation is cutting off development of its flagship Mozilla browser suite with the current 1.7.x line, but says it will back a community-supported version of the suite for those that wish to continue using it.
Telstra will have the technology to deliver up to 25 Mbps broadband speeds by mid-2006, but when it will be available to customers is uncertain.
An online petition gathering signatures to save Microsoft's Visual Basic 6 programming language will not change the company's intention to cut free support on March 31, a Microsoft representative said on Thursday afternoon.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW