Struggling memory chip vendors may see a ray of hope in the near future, as prices for DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips stopped their long slide during the first half of July, according to a report released Tuesday.
Google said it will soon start issuing user cookies that automatically expire after two years for users who don't return to the search site.
Microsoft has added the ability for subscribers of its Office Live small-business hosted service to purchase paid-search advertising from Ask.com from directly within the service.
Google Tuesday launched its <a href="http://www.google.com/enterprise/csbe/">Custom Search Business Edition</a>, a fee-based service that lets businesses build search pages for their own Web sites.
The European Union court considering Microsoft's appeal of a 2004 antitrust ruling confirmed Tuesday that it will issue a verdict two months from Thursday, on Sept. 17.
Security researchers Monday disclosed critical vulnerabilities in two popular Windows instant messaging clients, Yahoo Messenger and Trillian.
HP says a broad range of its computer hardware running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 has been examined and certified as compliant under the international Common Criteria product-evaluation program backed by the U.S. government and sometimes required for...
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is warning of fraudulent e-mails that appear to come from the FBI and U.S. military.
The anonymous researcher who claims to have crafted a Mac OS X worm said Tuesday that he or she will report his findings to Apple, but added that the company "has a very long way to go" on security.
An anonymous security researcher claimed this weekend to have created a worm that exploits a vulnerability in the Mac OS X operating system which Apple missed in a May round of patches.
Microsoft researchers are working on a variety of location-based tools, some of which could turn into interesting commercial applications.
Intel Corp. launched a dual-core notebook chip for high-end users on Monday, continuing an effort to defend its share of the fast-growing notebook PC market against Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD).
IT Minister Senator Helen Coonan announced that she will work with industry to better protect and inform consumers about mobile telephone premium service offerings, like ring tones and video clips.
"Ransomware" last seen in 2006 has reappeared and is trying to extort US$300 from users whose files the malware has encrypted, a Russian security researcher said Monday.
Vodafone Group has denied a Monday report by the Financial Times that it was considering buying Verizon Communications in a huge US$160 billion deal.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- China Oceanwide, IDG Capital agree to acquire IDG
- EU antitrust regulators praise audiobooks deal from Apple, Amazon
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Attackers start wiping data from CouchDB and Hadoop databases
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Support EngineerQLD
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT