Don't hold your breath for "true" broadband wireless services: They'll be based on handheld devices that don't exist yet and networks that have barely been built, according to speakers at the Broadband World Forum in Paris.
A pair of Princeton University researchers presented a paper this week on a method for sending secret messages over existing public fiber-optic networks.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), said in a statement Wednesday that it does not have the ability or authority to comply with a proposed court order that it suspend the Internet service of the Spamhaus Project. Spamhaus...
Google has integrated its formerly separate spreadsheet and word processing applications, giving them a uniform user interface and a unified document repository.
Samsung Electronics will put a 10-megapixel camera phone on the market in South Korea shortly. The phone was first shown at the Cebit exhibition in Germany in March this year and was originally due on the market in the second quarter.
Australian internet service provider iiNet yesterday announced the sale of its New Zealand subsidiary, ihug, to telecommunications giant Vodafone New Zealand for NZ$41 million (AU$36 million).
IBM plans to crank up the speed on its Power6 server chip to 5.0GHz, far higher than competing processors from Intel and Sun Microsystems.
Just hours before Google announced a US$1.6 billion acquisition of YouTube on Monday, both companies separately revealed agreements with major music labels for offering music videos on their respective sites. The deals, especially those between YouTu...
A hacker broke into Google's main official blog and posted a false message on Saturday, saying that the company had decided to cancel a joint project with eBay.
Microsoft has issued 10 security updates, fixing critical vulnerabilities in its Windows and Office software.
With Internet Explorer, Microsoft has increased its share of the global web browser market to 85.85 percent, a gain that comes at the expense of Mozilla's Firefox and Apple Computer's Safari browsers.
Five years from now Microsoft customers will approve of the fact that the vendor's products are not free, because they'll find great value in what the company offers, Steve Ballmer, CEO at Microsoft, predicts.
Networking problems have kept Microsoft from distributing its latest security patches to users of its automatic update services.
Engin has unveiled new VoIP call rates that let customers connect with associates across the globe for 20 cents a call.
Startup OpenDNS has launched a service called PhishTank, designed to put the process of identifying scam Web sites out into the public.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
- GE waves developers onto its huge IoT stage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW