Fujitsu will soon join two other major PC makers in putting on sale a portable computer that uses flash memory in place of the traditional hard-disk drive.
PayPal has finally reached across the Tasman to bridge the online trading space between Australia and our Kiwi neighbours. The New Zealand Dollar (NZD) was among ten new currencies added to the PayPal currency mix today.
Is there a widely-used Internet tool that's been around longer than Eudora? If so, it's not springing to mind. I've never been a regular user myself, but there are PC Worlders who swear by this venerable (est. 1988) e-mail program to this day, and we...
A security researcher is raising concerns about a digital rights management feature in Microsoft's new Vista operating system that he claims may make it easy for malicious code authors to block virus programs from removing their wares.
Dell is hosting a free PC recycling day in Melbourne this weekend and is putting out the call for all your old PCs and peripherals.
Earlier this week, Google confirmed that it is buying YouTube for US$1.65 billion in a stock transaction slated to close by the end of the year.
Some call it fiber to the home (FTTH) or fiber to the premises (FTTP) or fiber to the node (FTTN) or fiber to the curb (FTTC) or fiber to wherever (FTTX).
Sony is packing its new Walkman digital music players with noise cancelling and other audio enhancing technology in its latest attempt to challenge the dominance of Apple Computer's iPod.
After getting hacked this past weekend, Google's Blogger publishing service suffered an outage on Thursday morning that kept both Blogger.com and the Blogspot hosting service offline for two hours.
Microsoft continues its efforts to inform customers that they can purchase products compatible with Windows Vista as soon as the operating system is available.
Internet experts are worried that a U.S. court decision against antispam black-lister Spamhaus Project could trigger a "constitutional crisis" for the Internet.
Dell on Thursday introduced a range of new consumer electronics products aimed at giving customers more choices for providing a multimedia experience at home.
Intel is blazing a trail from fixed to mobile WiMax with a chip that has just begun shipping in sample quantities.
Microsoft Tuesday published 26 security bulletins related to vulnerabilities in its Windows and Office products, but had network problems that kept it from making the software patches available via Microsoft Update, Automatic Updates, Windows Server ...
Via Technologies is working with two computer makers in the U.K. to offer systems under a program designed to reduce the environmental impact of PCs.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT