"The Web is under attack," said Phillip Hallam-Baker, principal scientist at VeriSign, who gave a session Thursday on Internet crime at the W3C (World Wide Web) conference in Edinburgh, Scotland, this week.
The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) is hoping to foster ICT entrepreneurial talent and breed home-grown multinationals through its Developing Business Skills for ICT Entrepreneurs' program.
In an effort to win more online advertising dollars and shore up defenses against growing competition, Yahoo and eBay said on Thursday that they've formed a new partnership.
When consumers boot up their new Dell desktops and notebooks next week, they will find a Google homepage and search tools, not the familiar Microsoft versions, the world's largest PC vendor confirmed.
BigAir is floating high this week, forecasting a 100 per cent increase in revenue and announcing plans to launch a wholesale side of its business.
The proposed changes to copyright law announced this month by Philip Ruddock are a lost opportunity to catapult us into the digital age, according to Internet Industry Association (IIA) CEO Peter Coroneos.
YouTube is the most visited video Web site, attracting almost half of all visitors and towering over giants like Google, Yahoo, AOL and Microsoft's MSN, according to Hitwise.
The Business Software Alliance (BSA) has encouraged the channel to use its local business experience against software piracy. The statement comes off the back of the release of the association's latest global software piracy study.
The launch of the consumer version of Windows Vista, Microsoft's new operating system, could be pushed back past the stated January launch date, according to Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer.
Microsoft and NEC have signed a patent cross-licensing agreement covering IT and networking technology, the companies said Wednesday.
Microsoft is advising people to run its Word application in "safe mode" to help guard against a Trojan program that surfaced recently, although security experts on Wednesday said there still appears little cause for alarm.
StopBadware.org (<a href="http://www.stopbadware.com">http://www.stopbadware.com</a>), the organization dedicated to highlighting software that consumers might prefer to avoid, Wednesday added another round of software programs to its "Badware Watch ...
Microsoft will let vendors include Windows Live voice services on mobile devices through a new toolkit that will be available in the next few months.
In a bid to encourage the mobile phone industry to standardize on a single Web browser, Nokia on Wednesday released the source code for the mobile phone Web browser it developed last year.
A former assistant superintendent at a Michigan school has been arrested, along with his wife, on charges of fraud involving US$7.3 million obtained from a US government program intended to help schools and libraries connect to the Internet, the US D...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW