It's not clear what gets discussed during McKinsey & Co.'s weekly internal communication meeting, but the dial-in number and passcode for the event can be easily found by searching with Google.
Amazon.com's Web services business isn't profitable, but it's growing very rapidly and the company expects it to make money eventually, Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos said Monday.
JotSpot agreed to be acquired by Google partly because the search engine giant is "a nerd's paradise," JotSpot co-founder Joe Kraus said Monday.
Few corporations are likely to ban iPods in the workplace, but whether Apple and other manufacturers of MP3 players shoulder some responsibility to add security to their devices -- and how effective that security would be -- is a growing debate.
Norwegian open source software company Trolltech has announced its first global contest for its Linux-based mobile phone platform, the Qtopia Greenphone Developer Challenge.
A major spike in activity targeting TCP Port 1025 on Windows systems may be a sign that attackers are gathering intelligence for an upcoming attack against unpatched servers, Symantec warned Monday.
If anyone knows about the potential of what has been dubbed "Web 2.0" it's the folks over at O'Reilly Media. Heck, company founder Tim O'Reilly himself coined the phrase back in 2003 to describe the emergence of a new generation of Web-based business...
Google has signed a multiyear deal with Clear Channel Radio that allows the search company to sell radio advertising on more than 675 of Clear Channel's AM/FM stations, the companies announced Monday. Financial terms were not disclosed.
On the 95th anniversary of the sinking of RMS Titanic, a genealogy Web site Sunday posted copies of the doomed ocean liner's one-and-only passenger list, the first time the roster has been made available outside the U.K.'s national archives.
Being the capacity monger I am, it didn't take much for Toshiba Storage pique my interest beyond telling me it was announcing a 200GB external hard drive. The company was first to market last year with a two-platter, 2.5-inch 200GB hard drive for not...
The group behind last week's massive Storm Trojan spam blast set up Windows users with a one-two punch by switching tactics in midrun, making the second stage's subject headings more believable, researchers said Monday.
The founders of Dodgeball, the mobile social networking service that Google bought in 2005, quit working for the search giant on Friday.
Microsoft late on Friday released an update to Outlook 2007 designed to speed up the communication software's much-criticized sluggishness.
Samsung Electronics saw operating profits slide during the first three months of this year on weakness in the memory chip market, it said Friday.
CBS will distribute its television programs more widely over the Internet, adding new deals with Joost, Microsoft's MSN and AOL to existing agreements with Apple's iTunes and Google's YouTube.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC