Via Technologies has a knack for making motherboards smaller, and its latest design pushes the boundary of what's possible further than ever before.
Via Technologies has developed an ultraportable notebook reference design that will soon hit European markets.
In a move that could alienate it from a lion's share of free e-mail account holders, Canadian Web host GaltGroup Internet Services has turned its back on Windows Live Hotmail - as well as all the products, services and partners of Hotmail's parent co...
Apple freshened its top-end MacBook Pro laptop line Tuesday with Intel's latest processors and chip set, a.k.a. Santa Rosa, boosted memory to 2GB across the board and launched its first notebooks with LED-backlit screens.
Server makers are showing their first systems based on Advanced Micro Devices's upcoming quad-core Opteron chip, known as Barcelona.
Web sites running Microsoft's Web server software are twice as likely to be hosting malicious code as other Web sites, according to research from Google.
Mozilla is considering adding a tool to Firefox 3.0 that would automatically block Web sites thought to harbor malicious downloads, but the company's security chief refused to spell out details, saying Mozilla is "not ready to talk about the feature....
Network equipment manufacturer Avaya late Monday agreed to a US$8.2 billion cash buyout by private equity firms TPG Capital and Silver Lake Partners, the companies announced.
Salesforce.com and Google announced a strategic global partnership Tuesday, but it wasn't the widely expected tight integration between Google Apps and Salesforce.com's hosted CRM (customer relationship management) software. Instead, the two vendors ...
IBM is pulling out the heavy artillery in its quest to build custom chips for both telephony backbone and handheld wireless devices, announcing a processor family built with silicon-on-insulator (SOI) technology that is usually reserved for server pr...
Ask.com is making another major attempt to attract more people to its search engine, as its years-long, unsuccessful struggle to boost its usage market share continues.
Sing in the shower, record the new song in your bedroom, sell it on the Web and start driving around in a limousine -- or at least cover your rent. This is the vision of Maor Ezer, one of the founders of the Israeli startup <a href="http://www.youlic...
Yahoo is making APIs (application programming interfaces) available for external developers so that they can build tools and applications for its new Panama search advertising platform.
Adobe on Monday said it's broadening its LiveCycle Enterprise Suite development software to add a way to create wizard-like "Form Guides" and flash-based graphics so users can interact easily with PDF-based content online.
One year after the first 750GB hard drive debuted, Western Digital joins Seagate and Hitachi with its own 750GB offering. Western Digital's WD Caviar SE16 750GB Serial ATA hard drive carries a variety of performance specs: performance with 3 Gb/s tra...
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSenior Test Manager - Defence ProjectVIC
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW