Customers' changing expectations are behind Microsoft's decision to offer some of its applications over the Web in the form of free services supported by advertising, a company executive said Monday. The change in course led to last week's management...
Microsoft has established a public database to allow Internet Explorer users to report bugs in the Web browser.
Employees could be offered smart phones for secure VOIP calls over Wi-Fi and GPRS giving them a single handset and phone number for inside the office and outside.
More delays in the release schedule for Windows Vista revealed last week hint that problems with getting the OS out the door may be broader than Microsoft has articulated.
An Internet marketer will pay a US$900,000 fine, the largest ever on spam-related charges, in a consent decree announced last Thursday by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Internet2 isn't just for hardcore researchers anymore. A survey by the not-for-profit consortium shows that 46,000-plus K-12 schools, libraries, museums and others are also exploiting the Internet2 backbone.
As the World Wide Web evolves into a more collaborative platform, the technologies and business models involved in that transition are being swept up into the "Web 2.0" rubric, a term vague enough to encompass almost anything one cares to push under ...
Obstacles to developing Web applications were critical in the minds of Java developers at TheServerside Java Symposium last Thursday.
EBay helped to shut down a Russian Web site last week that was offering to sell stolen customer account information for as little as US$5 each.
The delay in Windows Vista will affect the next version of Office, too. Microsoft said last week it will put off the consumer release of Office 2007 so it is in line with the new release schedule for Vista.
Web surfers may start noticing some unusual behavior from their Internet Explorer (IE) browser after installing Microsoft's next round of security patches, expected April 11. That's because the software giant is planning to make changes to the way it...
SurfControl has released an upgrade for its Enterprise Threat Shield (ETS) that protects corporate networks against the dangers of Skype.
Millions of people who don't consider themselves gamers play computer games from 1 to 20 hours each week. These people, who game developers call "casual gamers," don't play the hardcore PC games like FEAR, World of Warcraft, or City of Villains. They...
Microsoft is warning users of its Internet Explorer browser to use caution on the Web, after the disclosure of an unpatched bug that could allow attackers to seize control of a PC running the browser software.
Researchers at IBM have taken a large step toward creating nano-scale processors. They have built an electronic integrated circuit by combining conventional silicon technology with a carbon nanotube molecule.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Google Slides makes it easier to talk back to presenters
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD