Almost lost in the hubbub over last Thursday's iPhone firmware update and whether it would "brick" unlocked phones was the fact that Apple patched 10 vulnerabilities -- twice the number of fixes issued since the phone's June debut.
The popular DS handheld has surpassed 50 million in worldwide sales says Tech.co.uk; nearly as fast as Apple sells iPods.
Sony unveiled the world's first OLED (organic light-emitting diode) television on Monday, pushing the limits of thin-screen displays further than ever before.
Is Adobe sneaking up on Google's turf with new moves this week into online document services? An Adobe executive would not characterize the announcements this way, but the similarities seem obvious.
Japan went on a spending spree this week fueled by the release of Sony's redesigned PSP and partially by Microsoft's Halo 3.
If you were one of the few Xbox 360 owners who didn't buy Halo 3 last week, you were probably wondering why your game of Uno wasn't working properly. The answer, in a word, was Halo.
In line with its software and services strategy, Microsoft on Monday announced new services such as Microsoft Office Live Workspace, a new Web-based feature of Microsoft Office that lets people access their documents online and share their work with ...
Our copy of the new Windows Vista Service Pack 1 beta - the x86 version - arrived today, and I've just started to put the long-anticipated update through its paces. The beta is version 0.275.
Ceatec, Japan's largest electronics show, kicks off on Tuesday and promises a glimpse at the latest products and developments from Japan's major consumer electronics companies.
When the names and personal information of 1,200 eBay users, along with credit card numbers, suddenly appeared yesterday on eBay's Trust & Safety Discussion Board where public comment is shared, eBay responded by immediately shutting down the discuss...
In a friendly and spirited debate this week, representatives from Google, AT&T and other companies sparred over the future of open access networks and consumer choice.
While Google dominates the search query business, results generated by Yahoo's search engine result in more user clicks than the market leader, according to a study released this week by Compete Inc.
Satyam Computer Services has opened a solutions centre in Brisbane, mainly to support Queensland clients with a focus on enterprise application solutions.
The Nasdaq stock exchange has given The SCO Group a little more time to get its financial house in order.
Fast in-home networks over electrical wires got a boost on Friday as proponents of two rival technologies merged their approaches and said products already in the market will work together.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA