Five years from now Microsoft customers will approve of the fact that the vendor's products are not free, because they'll find great value in what the company offers, Steve Ballmer, CEO at Microsoft, predicts.
Networking problems have kept Microsoft from distributing its latest security patches to users of its automatic update services.
Engin has unveiled new VoIP call rates that let customers connect with associates across the globe for 20 cents a call.
Startup OpenDNS has launched a service called PhishTank, designed to put the process of identifying scam Web sites out into the public.
Microsoft last week confirmed that it is overhauling its antipiracy technology for Windows Vista in an effort to plug a potential software license security hole among corporate users and avoid the problems associated with Windows XP's antipiracy tool...
A U.S. court has threatened to shut down the Spamhaus Project, a volunteer-run antispam service, for ignoring a US$11.7 million judgement against it.
The number of new software security vulnerabilities identified by security experts, hackers and others during the first eight months of this year has already exceeded the total recorded for all of 2005, according to Internet Security Systems.
Google has laid speculation to rest -- it is buying YouTube for US$1.65 billion in a stock transaction.
The Cell processor sits at the heart of the PlayStation 3, the most powerful game console yet developed, and a high-performance computer from IBM. Now Toshiba wants to put that power into mobile devices and phones.
Power-line networks -- networks that use the existing electrical wiring in your residence or small office -- may yet prove the dark horse of home networking technologies.
Google is in discussions to acquire YouTube for about US$1.6 billion, although the deal is far from done and the talks could collapse, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing an unnamed source familiar with the matter.
Hitachi joins most of the leading notebook computer makers in recalling batteries from Sony that are known to overheat and potentially cause fires.
Microsoft has come under fire for naming the developer of a program that can install adware on users' PCs as one of its Most Valued Professionals.
Google has inadvertently given online attackers a new tool.
Microsoft has released what it believes will be the last test version of Windows Vista before the product is released to manufacturing.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA