France's Constitutional Council has made a stringent new copyright law even harsher, modifying three articles of the law and striking out a fourth in a review of its constitutionality. The changes mean that unauthorized sharing of copyright files suc...
Google has begun testing a new service for hosting open-source projects that leverages its famed search engine to help developers find interesting software to which they can contribute.
Google's settlement of a class-action lawsuit last week goes a long way toward protecting the company from litigation related to click fraud, a problem some say could cripple Google's business.
Your next Windows laptop could run faster and last longer on a single battery charge thanks to a new generation of hybrid hard disk drives and a feature in the Windows Vista operating system that leverages NAND flash memory as a disk cache.
Microsoft has recalled an updated version of Small Business Server because of a glitch discovered during a regular software production audit, the company said Friday.
Microsoft this week will begin charging US$1.50 for users to download a copy of the Office 2007 beta 2.
NEC and Matsushita Electric Industrial (Panasonic) have agreed to work together on basic development of mobile telephone handsets, and with Texas Instruments on a common core hardware platform for future handsets.
Microsoft will see profitability in its Xbox business by its 2008 fiscal year, the company said at its annual Financial Analyst Meeting Thursday.
Intel slashed prices on some desktop PC microprocessors by more than half on Thursday, raising the stakes against rival Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), which cut prices earlier this week.
India may not go in for the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) program led by Nicholas Negroponte, which aims to deliver laptops priced at US$100 to school students, according to reports this week in Indian media.
Video podcast support is coming to the PlayStation Portable (PSP) thanks to a firmware update Sony Computer Entertainment published on Thursday.
In a dramatic close to the legal battle between file-sharing software developer Kazaa and the entertainment industry, Kazaa said on Thursday that it has agreed to pay at least US$100 million to four record companies and an additional amount to motion...
The European Commission has launched an unofficial antitrust probe into the two emerging DVD formats championed by Toshiba and Sony, a spokesman said Thursday.
Microsoft continues to give itself room to further delay the release of Windows Vista. At its annual Financial Analyst Meeting on Thursday, Kevin Johnson, co-president of Microsoft's Platforms & Services Division, said that while Vista development re...
A judge has given final approval to the settlement of a click-fraud lawsuit, despite critics' characterization of the settlement as a slap on the wrist for Google.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW