Microsoft's Windows Live OneCare climbed from [[ArtId:1407473052|March's dead last|new]] to 14th place in a test of 17 antivirus programs, an Austrian security researcher reported Friday.
Google has acquired FeedBurner, a provider of publishing and advertising services for blogs and content syndication feeds.
Silicon Valley's municipal wireless project is one of the most ambitious ever attempted, but good things take time -- more than proponents thought, in this case.
Spreadsheets are a tool commonly used by businesses to track everything from payroll to accounts receivable. However, experts claim, there could be erroneous code, programming or formulae in spreadsheets that is costing businesses billions of dollars...
A new inexpensive nanoglue that becomes stronger as it heats up could redefine the way computer chips are made and even pave the way for Spiderman-esque web-shooting devices in the near future, according to its creator.
Dell will lay off 10 per cent of its 88,100 workers, in a continuing effort to improve profits as the company also completes an investigation of accounting fraud.
Starting this week, Red Hat's open-source, community-supported Fedora Linux project is becoming even more open, with the release of its Fedora 7 Linux operating system.
Just one day after a security researcher showed how Google's Firefox toolbar could be exploited in an online attack, a similar flaw has been discovered in the Google Desktop.
If Google is on a quest to become the king of Web-based applications on the back of its search success, wooing more developers to its Google Data, or Gdata, protocol is a strategic part of that plan.
eBay has acquired StumbleUpon, a Web browsing recommendation site that mixes social networking and novel search functionality based on peer reviews, for US$75 million.
Internet radio station Pandora, hamstrung by international licensing constraints, says it does not know when it will resume streaming services to Australia.
The TurboLinux Wizpy, a multimedia media player that contains a PC-bootable version of the Linux operating system, will go on sale worldwide this month.
U.S. soldiers in South Korea face a tough call on using Internet telephony in the country.
A security researcher warned iTunes customers Thursday that Apple encodes the buyer's account name and e-mail address in the new DRM-free tracks that debuted Wednesday.
Security vendor Akonix Systems has tallied 170 instant-messaging threats so far this year, the company said this month, a 73 percent increase over the same period last year.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTPerformance TesterNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW