What's in a bump? A lot, if you're trying to determine the authenticity of a piece of handwriting.
The top two executives of Sony are being replaced in a dramatic management overhaul that comes as the Tokyo company struggles to retain its leadership during the shift from analog to digital consumer electronics.
The first mobile phone virus that spreads using the popular Mobile Messaging Service (MMS) is circulating among mobile phone users with Symbian Series 60 mobile phones, antivirus companies have warned.
Google is set to launch on Monday an updated version of its desktop search tool whose enhancements include the ability to search the full text of Adobe Systems PDF files and the metadata of multimedia files, a Google executive said.
India's software and services outsourcing industry is a likely target for a terrorist group operating in the country, local police warned on Sunday. But Indian outsourcing and software companies said they are prepared to cope with the threat.
After describing Java as a stable technology with no great surprises likely to come, Java experts during a conference panel session fielded questions about the competitive power of Microsoft's rival .Net platform.
A steady rise in the number of temporary work visas for skilled IT professionals has drawn warnings of rorts that could destabilize labour and wage levels.
Plagued by a growing epidemic of spoofers, spammers and phishers hijacking its brand name, online auctioneer eBay has dumped its e-mail-only support model to keep wary enterprise customers happy.
Microsoft does not plan to release any security bulletins or patches this month despite claims from IT security companies that flaws require fixing.
America Online (AOL) last week released the first public test version of Netscape 8, a new Web browser with features designed to protect users against online scams and malicious code.
Mobile phones infected with the Cabir virus have turned up in Japan and France, according to antivirus software company F-Secure of Helsinki.
J2EE technology is in a very healthy state, staving off the rival .Net platform and fostering innovation, said Rod Johnson, founder of the open source Spring Framework for Java development, in a presentation on Friday
Researchers at Microsoft have shown off some forward-looking technologies, including new ways to protect systems against Internet worms, prevent hacker attacks and measure available bandwidth on home networks.
The company directors behind the Kazaa peer-to-peer software have sold and mortgaged their multi-million dollars homes as the end of court proceedings looms.
Worldwide mobile phone sales jumped 30 percent in 2004, boosted by replacement buys and strong growth in emerging markets, Gartner said this week.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW