Windows exploit code recently released into the wild is causing confusion in the security world, as it seems to overlap with a critical bug Microsoft patched last month.
Security researchers David Maynor and Jon Ellch performed a digital drive-by Wednesday at the Black Hat USA conference. Their target: an Apple Computer MacBook.
Microsoft launched on Wednesday an upgraded version of its MSN Spaces Web site that lets users quickly create a Web site or blog, post photos and build a network of contacts.
A Seattle-based security researcher has devised a way to test for net neutrality.
A 26-year-old man from Somers, Connecticut, faces up to 30 years in prison for allegedly having sexual relations with a 15-year-old girl he met through MySpace.com, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) said late Tuesday.
Intel has issued patches for three vulnerabilities for its wireless hardware and software.
Microsoft this week indicated it is entering a new era that will be marked less by monolithic programs licensed to corporate users and more by the integration of client and server software with Internet-based services.
The Internet Industry Association (IIA) believes approximately 80 per cent of the Australian population should have access to downstream speeds of 10Mbps, with 67 per cent having access to speeds above 24Mbps by the end of the decade.
Two universities are changing the content of their IT degree courses for 2007.
McAfee will issue a patch on Wednesday for a vulnerability affecting its SecurityCenter application, a security software management tool.
Palm's plans for future products could be affected by delays in development of a new version of the Palm OS software, the company warned in a regulatory filing.
Microsoft has filed a patent-infringement complaint with the International Trade Commission (ITC) against Belkin for importing products the software company claims infringes on a patent it holds for peripheral device technology.
Telecommunications research firm Market Clarity has launched a local consumer, business and wholesale VoIP directory.
Sharp will begin production at a state-of-the-art LCD (liquid crystal display) plant in Japan slightly ahead of schedule this month, the company said Tuesday.
An industrial espionage case against two top executives and an engineer from Via Technologies ended Monday after judges in Taiwan found the defendants not guilty.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
- Microsoft's big Windows 10 update launches on August 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC