Of the 14,500 layoffs announced by Hewlett-Packard in July, 5,900 jobs will be cut from company sites in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), an HP spokesman confirmed Friday.
Microsoft has decided not to go ahead with its monthly security update after encountering an unspecified quality issue with the software patch it had planned to release.
The Mozilla Foundation has released a workaround for a critical buffer overflow vulnerability in the Firefox browser that was first made public early Friday.
Planet Ark's war on high tech wastage has kept 1.4 million printer cartridges from landfills since the start of its Cartridges for Planet Ark program 18 months ago, but its fight with cartridge remanufacturers continues.
Australia's online advertising market grew 62.7 percent to reach $488 million in the last year, according to the results released this week by the Audit Bureau of Verification Services (ABVS).
Datafast and Chariot have terminated a merger agreement, putting an end to a troubled relationship that began in July last year. The announcement coincides with Chariot's acquisition of Melbourne-based independent Alphalink for $6.5 million.
Users will find significant enhancements in usability, performance, extensibility, security and privacy in the upcoming test version of Firefox 1.5, the first major upgrade of the popular open source browser since the launch of Firefox 1.0 in Novembe...
Sony on Tuesday launched its biggest challenge yet to Apple Computer's dominance in the digital music player market with the unveiling of five players and a jukebox software application that ties into an online music store.
Sony will add a new high-end digital still camera to its line-up in November with the launch of the 10-megapixel CyberShot DSC-R1, it said on Thursday.
Yahoo was only following Chinese law when it provided evidence that helped land a local journalist a 10-year jail sentence, the company said Thursday.
McAfee's new consumer-focused Internet Security Suite 2006, with protections against spyware and phishing scams, is now available, the company announced.
News Corp. has agreed to acquire IGN Entertainment, which owns a network of Web sites for gaming enthusiasts, for about US$650 million in cash, News Corp. announced.
Macromedia will raise the stakes in streaming media software Thursday with a product that eliminates the need for a supplemental application server for tracking content.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has taken on board a second former Palm executive to handle its personal systems group. Satjiv Chahil has joined HP as senior vice president of marketing for the PC division, the company announced.
Two major Web search companies, Lycos.com and Yahoo.com, have assembled aggregated, fully searchable Web pages that allow people to simultaneously search numerous disaster sites for information on family members, friends and victims who may have been...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW