Executives from Google and Microsoft are scheduled to testify before a Senate panel this week on the search engine company's planned US$3.1 billion acquisition of online advertising company DoubleClick.
eBay's security experts have determined that it's highly likely that whoever posted confidential information about its members in a company discussion forum this week stole the data via an e-mail phishing scam, an eBay spokeswoman said this week.
A patent claim by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation would probably not sink the IEEE 802.11n standard, according to some wireless LAN industry veterans.
D-link has announced Ethernet desktop switches that, it claims, use up to 44 percent less power than existing 5-port switches. It said it was the first company to bring such green Ethernet switches to the market.
If you thought the iPhone was overpriced, stop reading this story now.
Developers and other supporters of the Kerberos authentication platform gathered at MIT's Stata Center on Thursday to unveil a new industry effort aimed at furthering the technology.
VMware Wednesday released the first beta of Fusion 1.1, the newest version of its virtualization software that lets Mac owners run Windows on their Intel-powered computers.
Engate Technology Thursday announced a version of its antispam software that the company says includes the industry's first preemptive protection against phishing attacks.
The percentage of threats arriving in e-mail that rely on links to malicious sites -- rather than arriving as a file attachment -- has ballooned 10-fold since the first quarter of the year, a UK security company said today.
Google's proposed merger with online advertising server DoubleClick would create a giant that would control a huge portion of online advertising and hurt the Internet, opponents of the deal have told US lawmakers.
Amid uncertainty about the greater economy, technology companies are looking good to investors. Strong earnings from Red Hat this week and Oracle last week, continued excitement over mergers and acquisitions, and solid forecasts for global component ...
Mobile phones will not cause cancer or slow the brain, according to a recently published six-year study, but the jury is not out.
The mini-explosion that hit the Internet following the alleged circulation of a sex video starring Meg White, member of the band, The White Stripes was an echo of a previous incident that involved a well-known Hilton family member.
The security threat posed by wireless networks has been a hot-button issue for years now. Are they still a prime target for hackers?
Want wireless security? Fine, click the WPA2 button during your router setup, enter a key, change the default log-on, and you're good.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
- FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW