Taiwanese disc maker Ritek plans to start mass producing BD-RE (Blu-Ray Disc Rewritable) discs as well as HD DVD-RE (high definition) discs in the third quarter of this year, a small but important step to helping reduce the cost of such discs for use...
Specifications for a new e-mail authentication tool to help fight against phishing and spam were published yesterday by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), opening the way for software vendors and e-mail service providers to find better ways ...
How many songs have you downloaded?
Mozilla is thinking about dropping Firefox support for Apple's Mac OS 10.3, the three-and-a-half-year-old operating system also known as Panther.
XO Communications is moving beyond telecommunications services, with hopes of becoming a one-stop IT and communications provider for small and medium-size businesses.
Dell has published on its <a href="http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/05/21/15563.aspx" target="_blank">blog</a> the first details of what users can expect for some of its forthcoming Ubuntu Linux systems, even though the company remains coy...
Companies like Google that build their business on software such as Linux have a moral imperative to contribute back to the free software community, a prominent open-source advocate said Tuesday.
Toshiba and Tohoku University researchers have found a read head drive technology that could increase areal density five hundred percent. It could mean a 5TB 3.5-inch drive or a 1TB 2-5-inch drive, both by 2013. The highest areal density of any shipp...
The strength of the encryption used now to protect banking and e-commerce transactions on many Web sites may not be effective in as few as five years, a cryptography expert has warned after completing a new distributing-computing achievement.
All the rumors about a Google phone may be just slightly off. Rather than sell a mobile handset, Google might instead offer wireless service.
A year-old deal between Google and Dell produces search results dominated by paid ads instead of the normal links, the founder of OpenDNS said Wednesday as he called the Google tool "spyware" and claimed it degrades users' experiences on the Web.
Windows Vista's official release earlier this year may have distorted PC sales in the last six months, but it is unlikely to accelerate the market overall, a market research firm said Wednesday.
Nvidia is promoting the idea that the graphics processing units (GPUs) it makes can also operate, when needed, as additional CPUs (central processing units) to vastly increase computing power.
EMI -- the music group behind Apple's DRM (digital rights management) free iTunes -- has agreed to be bought by private equity firm Terra Firma for £3.2 billion (AUD$7.69 billion). EMI has been the subject of bid speculation for the past year as its ...
When we last left Guitar Hero, GamePro reported on Activision's plans to release a new installment of the series called Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- FTProject SupportNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project AdministratorNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW