PC vendors announced new desktop and workstation PCs following Intel's launch of its "Conroe" Core 2 Duo processor.
Intel has unveiled its new Core 2 Duo processor lineup, increasing the pressure on rival Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). The 10 new dual-core chips promise markedly better performance and greater energy efficiency than Intel's existing products.
Apple Computer's iTunes Music Store added six new shows from Warner Bros. Entertainment, including the first season of the hit show "Friends" and sci-fi series "Babylon 5."
Security vendor McAfee has detected a new piece of malicious software that masquerades as part of the Firefox Internet browser.
Google hopes to help make click fraud more transparent with a new feature that offers advertisers reports of invalid clicks, the search giant said on Tuesday.
An trial began this week in America, in which prosecutors say a man forced a cell phone down a woman's throat but the defense say says the woman swallowed the device on purpose to hide data on whom she had been calling.
Microsoft will deliver the next version of its Internet Explorer (IE) browser to consumers via its Automatic Updates (AU) service, but the company will give enterprises a tool to make corporate desktops bypass the update.
With its acquisition of ATI Technologies, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is hoping to break Intel's "monopoly grip" on the chip market by offering more flexibility to PC makers and moving into emerging markets, according to an AMD executive.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is set to launch its "Rev. F" dual-core Opteron chip on Aug. 15, defending its turf in the server market against Intel.
Intel is planning to launch its "Conroe" chip for desktops this week, triggering a cascade of steep price cuts in the chip market and a raft of new PC designs.
Samsung Electronics has developed a flash memory-based drive that will help users take advantage of features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows Vista operating system to increase performance of their computers.
About 1.8 million people in Japan are active users of file-sharing software, a sharp increase from a year ago, according to a survey by the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ), TV broadcasters and other industry groups.
High definition (HD) optical disk drives will probably be integrated into Lenovo notebook lines some time in 2007, claims Lenovo's Arimasa Naitoh, the man responsible for the development of the ThinkPad and Lenovo notebooks.
Maximum upstream speeds in Australia are expected to more than double within the next three months, as Internode finally breaks through a year-long negotiation process with the Australian Communications Industry Forum over ADSL2+ Annex M.
Apple Computer has developed a wireless version of its Mighty Mouse, according to a U.S. regulatory filing.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW