Some early users of Yoomba's new e-mail calling and chat service are complaining that the service spams their e-mail contact lists.
Although Microsoft's Visual Studio 2008 software development platform is part of a February 2008 multiproduct launch, the company intends to ship it by the end of 2007, said S. "Soma" Somasegar, corporate vice president of the Microsoft Developer Div...
Yahoo has launched Search Suggest, a new search function the company said is a "faster way to find what you're looking for."
In an unexpected development, chip giant Intel has joined the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) initiative. The nonprofit project aims to equip children in developing countries with specially designed low-cost notebooks powered by chips from Intel's rival ...
Startup Yoomba has launched its namesake service that lets e-mailers place VOIP calls and exchange instant messages.
EMC on Monday is expected to announce enhancements to its major storage systems that will include higher capacities, greater energy efficiency, and additional security and availability features.
Warnings from analysts that the iPhone is not suitable for businesses are not stopping one CRM vendor from porting its product onto Apple's popular consumer device.
A U.S. federal appeals court Wednesday denied a petition from music webcaster associations for an emergency stay of new royalty rates that Internet radio companies have to start paying on Sunday.
As confusion continues over who is responsible for a zero-day Windows vulnerability -- Microsoft or Mozilla -- the former said it sees no need to patch Internet Explorer (IE) while the latter promised to fix Firefox, even though it blames its rival f...
After the new Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer, there's nothing that Konami could possibly show us that would surprise us. Or is there?
Ubisoft showed an assortment of games at the company's E3 press briefing on Thursday, including the highly anticipated Assassin's Creed.
A Sony representative confirmed on Thursday that controller rumble will make its way to the PS3 for the first time, this after several lawsuits surrounding the technology.
Security vendors and users agree that image spam is finally on the decline, but at the same time a new kind of spam is emerging that uses an attached PDF file to trick recipients into buying stock in a company.
Cisco this week has identified vulnerabilities in its Unified Communications Manager -- formerly CallManager -- IP-telephony software that could cause denial of service or allow the execution of arbitrary code.
Memory system designer SST has combined NAND and NOR-like flash memory with RAM to produce a single chip with three memory applications.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW