With virtualization on the minds of over 10,000 VMworld attendees this week, VMware decided to announce its new ESX Server 3i, aimed at attracting new users with its tiny 32 MB footprint, enhanced security and ease-of-use.
PlateSpin on Tuesday announced a new version of its data center planning and analysis software that adds support for chargeback of resources and enhanced manageability.
The Chinese government's "Great Firewall of China," used to filter objectionable content from reaching users via the Internet, is actually a "panopticon," or an area where everything is visible, and not a true firewall at all, according to univerity ...
Hewlett-Packard researchers have developed a medical patch that uses thermal inkjet technology found in printers to painlessly administer drugs to a patient.
Microsoft has started updating files on computers running Windows XP and Vista, even when users have explicitly disabled the operating systems' automatic update feature, researchers said today.
Operating system virtualization company SWsoft announced on Tuesday that it has acquired Ensim's software automation business.
Microsoft has released documents that detail changes it will make to its desktop search and indexing feature in Windows Vista as part of the Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) update.
A California man who served jail time for hacking hundreds of military and government computers nine years ago was charged Tuesday with new computer crimes: stealing tens of thousands of credit card accounts by breaking into bank and card processing ...
IBM has designed new semiconductor technology that will make it easier and cheaper to build cell phones, potentially extending the reach of mobile technology to the Third World.
IronPort Systems, a Cisco business unit, announced on Tuesday new data-loss prevention and encryption capabilities for its e-mail security appliances.
Almost lost in the clamor over Sun Microsystems's expanded partnership with Microsoft on Wednesday was a small acquisition that will bolster Sun's HPC storage offerings. Sun agreed to acquire a majority of the assets of Cluster File Systems.
VMware hopes to turn virtualization software into a mass-produced product that's as common in data centers as ketchup is on hamburgers, via a new "thin hypervisor" that major hardware vendors plan to bake into their servers.
Microsoft later this month will release the first publicly available beta preview of its new hypervisor virtualization technology, company officials said Tuesday.
Cross-platform virtualisation is top of the list of projects that a new joint development lab operated by Microsoft and Novell will work on, executives said.
Sun Microsystems will start selling its lineup of 64-bit PC servers preinstalled with the Windows Server operating system from Microsoft within 90 days, the two companies said.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Creators Update: The 5 biggest changes
- Missing pieces: What Microsoft failed to deliver in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Here's proof that Ryzen can benefit from optimized game code
- VMware patches critical virtual machine escape flaws
- Before suing Uber, Waymo initiated action against former engineer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Mortgage SolutionNSW
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraACT
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst/UATVIC
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- TPAPS6 Java DeveloperACT
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- FTCitrix ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- TP.NET DeveloperWA