One of the main goals of SDN (software-defined networking) is to make networks more agile to meet the changing demands of applications. A new Silicon Valley startup, Apstra, says it has an easier way to do the same thing.
Intel is still contesting a €1.06 billion (then US$1.4 billion) antitrust fine from the European Commission, which in May 2009 found it had abused its dominant position in the market for x86 processors.
Microsoft believes its refusal to turn over email held in Ireland to the U.S. government got a boost from an opinion of the Supreme Court on Monday, which upheld that U.S. laws cannot apply extraterritorially unless Congress has explicitly provided f...
Android users beware: a new type of malware has been found in legitimate-looking apps that can “root” your phone and secretly install unwanted programs.
Pure Storage already lets enterprises buy new controllers for their flash arrays by subscription. Now it’s offering a way to trade in old flash media when new and improved versions come out.
Solar Impulse 2 is onto the 15th leg of its journey, flying from New York to Spain, as it attempts to circumnavigate the globe without using a single drop of fuel.
Don’t be surprised if you see spam coming from the top websites in the world. Lax security standards are allowing anyone to “spoof” emails from some of the most-visited domains, according to new research.
As the head of Amazon Web Services, Andy Jassy has seen a lot of big organizations start using the public cloud. The biggest indicator of success for a cloud transition is simple, he says: Has the business' senior staff bought into it?
High-tech entrepreneur Elon Musk has his sights set on building robots that can do housework, have conversations and play games.
Salesforce has already rolled out several tools that aim to let business users create their own mobile apps, and on Tuesday it unified them into a suite and added some new services on the back end.
A developer has uncovered how Photos will employ facial and object recognition to generate Moments and yield search results in iOS 10 and macOS Sierra.
Sea of Thieves was our favorite game of E3 2016—at least, what little of the game currently exists.
Roboticist and artist, Alexander Reben, says he created the first robot build for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on people, all to get them talking about artificial intelligence.
Slack is making it easier for people to interact with third-party services that integrate with its chat app with the launch of a new developer tool that lets bots add clickable buttons to their messages.
The social network is betting on 140-second videos and new tools for influencers to juice more usage.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT