Microsoft is betting on reinventing itself as a cloud company, and the financial results it released Thursday show that its push is paying off despite an overall decline in revenue.
Profits from Amazon's cloud division jumped 69 per cent last quarter, but the rest of its business fared less well.
An increasing number of iOS application developers use a technique that allows them to remotely modify the code in their apps without going through the official app store's review process, an action that poses security risks for users.
They said it couldn't be done, but this week Google's AI technology proved them wrong by mastering the ancient Chinese game of Go roughly a decade earlier than anyone expected.
Verizon has been told it must remove huge ads that are blanketing two sides of a building in downtown San Francisco a stone's throw from the city's Super Bowl celebration.
Smartphones will get 4K video playback and unprecedented LTE and wireless speeds with Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 820. Many flagship handsets with that chip will be announced soon.
The European Union's top antitrust regulator is looking for an excuse to investigate Google's controversial deal with U.K. tax authorities -- and a Scottish legislator is ready to give her one.
Next year, the Java browser plug-in, which is frequently the target of Web-based exploits, will be retired by Oracle.
Smartphone shipment growth was at its lowest ever in the fourth quarter of 2015 on account of the maturity of major markets like China and consumer concerns about the global economy, according to a research firm.
Consumers looking to decorate their homes can now visualise new furniture and décor products in life-like 3D in their own rooms, thanks to a new Augmented Reality platform, from Cimagine.
Google's VirusTotal service has added a new tool that analyzes firmware, the low-level code that bridges a computer's hardware and operating system at startup.
Verizon Wireless is installing nearly 100 cells to make sure its network can handle the crush of a million or more fans around this year's big game in the San Francisco Bay Area. Almost all will stay up after the game's over.
Apple was the world's second largest chip buyer last year, spending over $29 billion, up by 7.1 percent compared to 2014, according to a study released by Gartner on Wednesday.
Microsoft quietly updated Outlook for iOS on Wednesday, with support for a calendar widget that makes it easy to see your schedule at a glance.
Weak demand for mobile phones and display panels pushed down Samsung's profits last quarter, and the company doesn't expect much improvement this year.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia