Saudia Arabia’s government agencies were hit with a cyber attack that security researchers are blaming on a worm-like malware that can wipe computer systems, destroying data.
It's possible to transmit life-threatening signals to implanted medical devices with no prior knowledge of how the devices work, researchers in Belgium and the U.K. have demonstrated.
Up for discussion: The 10 most pressing and disruptive technologies for the year ahead, according to Computerworld's Tech Forecast 2017 research.
Fitness wristband maker Fitbit is said to be close to a deal to acquire smartwatch maker Pebble, mainly for its intellectual property.
Like a man eager to show off his new watch, Google is encouraging anyone running IT operations to ask it for the time. The company will let anyone use its NTP (Network Time Protocol) servers, a move to help IT shops cope with the next “leap second,” ...
Amazon is bringing a bit of AWS magic to devices and board computers with the Greengrass IoT service, which will help boost offline data collection and analysis.
You’ve lost your Windows desktop icons and you want them back. Here’s how to do it.
Amazon is aiming to speed up large data transfer jobs with a truck. The Snowmobile is a big, white semi trailer that can hold 100PB of data that will then get driven to an Amazon endpoint and loaded into its public cloud storage.
For once, there will be a cease-fire in the war between major chip architectures x86, ARM and Power9, all of which will be in a supercomputer being built in Barcelona.
The use of solid state drives in notebooks and laptops has surpassed analyst expectations and is expected to reach 50% within the next few years.
A new design is making an appearance for some users, though it's unclear at this point how widespread the rollout is.
Microsoft has pushed its Windows 10 August upgrade to the Current Branch for Business release track.
Some iMacs that shipped between 2012 and 2014 came with faulty hinges, so now Apple is taking responsibility and issuing refunds for repairs.
Keep the kids entertained all throughout the holiday season with the new Present Quest game.
From a new digital assistant to a beefed up camera, Samsung is angling for a major comeback in the new year.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCChange Manager (Workforce Management/HR/Rostering Solution)QLD
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC