Uber wants businesses to do away with shuttle buses for customers, and has launched a new service aimed at making it easier for companies to hail cars on other people’s behalf. Called Uber Central, the software lets users request cars even for people...
Android Wear fans looking for a wearable built for the latest generation of the OS have two new watches to choose from: the Huawei Watch 2 and Verizon Wear 24.
AMD's new Radeon RX 500-series graphics cards are a refined, retuned take on its Polaris GPUs.
Bay area start-up, Let's Robot, is letting anyone control its robotic fleet using commands entered in a chat room.
Microsoft Insiders get the first taster of user-generated tournaments on Xbox One, along with other improvements including Party Overlay.
Dude, not cool, man.
After 20 years, Intel is scrapping its marquee annual event called Intel Developer Forum.
Mirai -- a notorious malware that’s been enslaving IoT devices -- has competition. A rival piece of programming has been infecting some of the same easy-to-hack products, with a resiliency that surpasses Mirai, according to security researchers.
Google will pay 438 million rubles (US$7.8 million) and will stop requiring its apps be preloaded on Android smartphones in Russia in an antitrust settlement with the country's Federal Antimonopoly Service.
Microsoft said its already patched vulnerabilities revealed in Friday’s high-profile leak of suspected U.S. National Security Agency spying tools, meaning customers will be protected if they’ve updated their software to latest version.
Friday’s release of suspected NSA spying tools is bad news for companies running Windows Server. The cyberweapons, which are now publicly available, can easily hack older versions of the OS.
A hacking group has released suspected U.S. government files that show the National Security Agency may have spied on banks across the Middle East.
The robots are made from a number of rods and cables allowing them to easily adapt to moving through challenging terrains and making it much easier for them to be dropped onto the surface of planets than current rovers.
Samsung Electronics has appointed the former CIO of the Department of Defense to help a global push to expand its mobile enterprise business.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- CCApplication Developer - VB.Net, WCF, Production SupportACT
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD